Eurovision 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision 2012

Yes , it's that time of year when we start discussing Eurovision Song Contest, this year in Baku. I couldn't think of a better place than InterBasket where we have so many contributors from Europe.

The Danish jury have picked their entry at what is called Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2012.

The winning song is "Should've Known Better" by Soluna Samay

But I much prefer the runner-up which was picked by the international jury part of the vote, noting that there are three factors: SMS voting, a Danish jury and an International jury (this year made up of Norway, Russia, Germany and Azerbaijan)

The song I like much better is by Jesper Nohrstedt and is called "Take Our Hearts". Jesper was a popular contestant in the Danish X Factor.

Comment

Both songs are actually good and I kinda like both more or less equaly. Winner surely a bit reminds of Seal "Crazy", but as it's said - "All the melodies are sung, all the lyrics are written", so not a big deal, especially when it comes to pop-song. One way or another - Denmark's entry is already among my favorites, girl is ok too

Comment

Btw, just found out that few other countries already selected their songs for Baku:

Albania - boring, depressive, made me feel close to Maccabeo - our beloved emo culture representative in IBN

Cyprus - La la la la.. lame

Comment

France is bringing in Anggun of Indonesian origin - Her song "Echo (You and I)"

It is a bilingual English and French song

===

The Swiss entry is "Unbreakable" by Sinplus

Last edited by worldbasketball; 01-31-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Macedonia will do a song called "Black and White" by Kaliopi, an Aromanian-Macedonian singer.

Comment

Plumbo is trying to represent Norway and is taking part in Melodi Grand Prix with a real cool song "Ola Nordmann" which is also steaming hot!!!!

The competition is still going on, so nothing is final, but I like this so much. The final is on February 11, so this weekend

There is also great support for Tooji with "Stay"

There is also the Iraqi-Norwegian Nora Foss Al-Jabri with the haunting melody "Somewhere Beautiful"

Then the fascinating Lise Karlsnes - "Sailors"

There is also a very decent song by Yaseen and Julie Maria called "Sammen"

..but still my heart beats for Plumbo after their song "Møkkamann" which if they kept for Eurovision would stand a decent chance in winning anyhow. But they are not allowed to use it as it is already released

Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-10-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Now the votes are in for the Norwegian Eurovision preliminary called Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) and the winner is Tooji with "Stay". The jury vote went all to the Iraqi-Norwegian Nora Foss al-Jabri and "Somewhere Beautiful" but the people voting tilted it toward Tooji and "Stay". The third was Petter Øien & Bobby Bare with Things Change and fourth, my favourite Plumbo with "Ola Nordmann".

So this year Norway will be represented by an Iranian origin singer called Touraj Keshtkar, born in Shiraz, Iran in 1987 whose family immigrated to Norway when Touraj shortened to Tooji was very young. He is a social worker and has worked in asylum reception centres in Norway. He is not very well known but had a hit called "Swan Song" in 2008.

Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-14-2012, 03:22 AM.

Comment

SWITZERLAND - Sinplus "Unbreakable"

MALTA - Kurt Calleja - "This Is The Night"

HUNGARY - Compact Disco - "Sound of Our Hearts"

ICELAND - Greta Salóme & Jónsi - "Mundu eftir mér"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-14-2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

CYPRUS - Ivi Adamou - La La Love

We had this live . But here is an unofficial studio version

Comment

Hungary looks not bad, but still the song/performance is missing smth. Too motonotic maybe. Norway borrowed some Benny Benassi beats, but that's about all. All others newly announced entries aren't impressive at all. So Denmark is still the best.

Lithuanian semifinals are underway, 2 of 4(or 5?) are passed, 6 finalists selected and so far it all goes as expected - horrible

Comment

UKRAINE

Gaitana - "Be My Guest"

CROATIA

Nina Badric - "Nebo"

LATVIA

Anmary - "Beautiful Song"

TURKEY

Can Bonomo - "Love Me Back"

ISRAEL

Izabo - "Time"

BELARUS

Alyona Lanskaya - "All my life"

GEORGIA

Anri Jokhadze - "I'm A Joker"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-23-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

GERMANY, as one of the big Five reaches the final directly

They have Roman Lob with a real nice song singing "Standing Still"

Roman had tried to represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 in Belgrade, as a part of the boy band G12P read as "Germany 12 Points". The song "When The Boys Come" was not chosen to compete in the national final

Comment

I discovered this gem from 2009 by the Romanian band Blaxy Girls "Save the World" which starts with "2012 is not so far. Do something!".

They presented it then withdrew it from representing Romania in Eurovision 2009.

Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Some corrections worldbasketball

Israel - the artist is right, but it's not the actual song they'll be bringing to Baku, though the one posted was among my favorites along with Denmark...

Belarus. After another contraversional elections, they finally disqualified Alyona and runners-up Litesound will represent the country

Quite dissapointing selection by Germans (like most of the times), saw the final and none of the 3 songs and versions impressed me. Also Ukraine made dissapointing choice, I mean country with such big pop industry, chose such random song, even 2nd placed Maxim Barskykh sounded better, though nothing too impressive overall in national final.
                              Other new entries are weak too IMO. So still Denmark are way ahead, sadly (or maybe not, didn't hear the winner) Israel's song will be different

BTW Austrian entry... interesting lol

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information