View Poll Results: The bronze medalist is?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

9 34.62%
  • France

17 65.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd place game: Lithuania - France

Default 3rd place game: Lithuania - France

Lithuania is obviously aiming to repeat 2010 and get another bronze, while France wants to take their first world cup medal ever. Who is gonna take the consolation prize home?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Like both teams but I feel France finally snags a world cup medal.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Lithuania is obviously aiming to repeat 2010 and get another bronze, while France wants to take their first world cup medal ever. Who is gonna take the consolation prize home?
    i think lithuania always treats this game like a gold medal final and values it more than a french team coming off a gold in eurobasket and a memorable upset of spain.
    they could have a natural let down. i like lithuania rather comfortably.

This is France game without a doubt. Lithuania is just too weak now so roosters should have the bronze.
    1 coach, 2 days, 3 fingers, 4 quarters, 5 players, 6 one hundreds of a second and 7th of May!
    ♥ PARIS BERCI - PARTIZAN MERCI ♥

11/9/2010 & 07/10/2011
    DAYS WHEN WE ALL REALIZED THAT A TEAM CANT WIN THE REFS...

It depends how much steam France has after tonight, they were so close to overtime/winning that this may hurt them, especially as they don't have 2 days to recover as Lithuania had two days to rest (again wtf organizers, why does one team has one day less to prepare for this match?).
    I think this will be an interesting game, probably the more competitive one of the 2 games left.

France was the better team in this tournament no doubt and they are the favorites in todays game.But you dont count us off when is bronze medal game,i dont think there is other country that won more bronze medal game matches than we did in last 25 years.We will see.

I'm afraid France is too exhausted for this game. Schedule is fucked up and they will start game in approximately 7 hours. I doubt they had a decent sleep atleast, after coming from -20 to -2 last night. On the other side, as I was aware last WC, Lithuania has mentally strenght and they will play this on the same level as it's final, tho I think France kinda deserves it more.

Lithuania needs good performances from Lavrinovič's, because soft player such as Valanciunas will be liability just like in game vs USA(he scored ~20 pts, but his rebounding and defense was dreadful, and most of those points were free throws)

France deserves medal, but they have a little time for recovery.

I will support French team tonight like my own... They deserved that medal more then anyone else... Great players, humans on first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Dule_Vujosevic View Post
    I'm afraid France is too exhausted for this game. Schedule is fucked up and they will start game in approximately 7 hours. I doubt they had a decent sleep atleast, after coming from -20 to -2 last night. On the other side, as I was aware last WC, Lithuania has mentally strenght and they will play this on the same level as it's final, tho I think France kinda deserves it more.
    Exactly. France will have had only 18 hours' rest, against 35 hours for Lithuania, and France could be in sort of hangover state, while Lithuania was ready to accept a loss before the game vs Team USA...

I think we deserve it more than Lithuanians theoretically, considering the path taken (Croatia then Spain vs. NZ and Turkey)...

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Lithuania needs good performances from Lavrinovič's, because soft player such as Valanciunas will be liability just like in game vs USA(he scored ~20 pts, but his rebounding and defense was dreadful, and most of those points were free throws)
    He had 7 rebounds. Plenty I think, and he scored so many FT's because it was hard to stop him without fouling him. Our interior defense looked better with him than without him. Makes me wonder if you even watched the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
    He had 7 rebounds. Plenty I think, and he scored so many FT's because it was hard to stop him without fouling him. Our interior defense looked better with him than without him. Makes me wonder if you even watched the game at all.
    All that in moments when it didnt matter. When Cousins was playing D on him you could see his softness and he droped few balls from his hands on the rebounding in the moments when it mattered and when Lithuania still wasnt in huge deficit

Valanciunas is so overrated. Yes, he is tough guy but has no fundamental.If he had it, he would be Lithuanian Luis Scola. In addition, he got the rebounds and points in mostly garbage time against team USA. He is also very soft at defence, opposite to his offence. Rudy Gobert may stop him unless not becoming so tired physichally and mentally. France passed harder ways comparing to Lithuania. Lith. did not play any "hard" match while French played many.Semi final was just training for Lithuania and only aim was that making the margin less by 30 points. Because of those factors,Lithuania looks favourite but I belive France will win.
    Last edited by turk-jugoslav; 09-13-2014 at 01:34 PM.

It will all come down to motivation and intensity. Can all of our players give the best they've got today, fighting for every loose ball and communicating well offensively? They haven't played close to 100% even once in this tournament; can they do it today? I fear France is too much for us.

Normally this France team would be favourite, but Lith will be freshier, and coming after a bad game- even more motivated. 50/50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

the smart money is on lithuania in this game judging by their 2 point favorite status with the bookies.

Lithuania is a better team than France, in my opinion. If they take care of the ball they should win.

France knows how to come back, they are better TEAM
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Lithuania will be more fresh for sure but imo France is a better team.. we'll see what happens...

Stadium looks really empty for a 3rd place game !!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast