No announcement yet.

Argentina national team 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the projected players in this line-up? Will we see the old guys play?
    i bet on anything!

Comment

Yes for sure, without Oberto i guess the starting lineup would look like this:

-Prigioni
      -Ginobili
      -Delfino
      -Nocioni
      -Scola

Comment

Originally posted by Jokinen View Post
        Yes for sure, without Oberto i guess the starting lineup would look like this:

-Prigioni
        -Ginobili
        -Delfino
        -Nocioni
        -Scola
        Thanks for the info! Excited to see Argentina play because it would be their last year together.
        i bet on anything!

Comment

If Campazzo can take the minutes away from Sanchez, and that added with Oberto not playing, which is good for them, as it will give his minutes to JP Gutierrez - then that will help them a lot.

If they had Sanchez and Oberto both logging minutes, they would have been way too old to compete in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
            If Campazzo can take the minutes away from Sanchez, and that added with Oberto not playing, which is good for them, as it will give his minutes to JP Gutierrez - then that will help them a lot.

If they had Sanchez and Oberto both logging minutes, they would have been way too old to compete in that group.
            Campazzo is pretty amazing, he just turned 21 and was the best PG in the Argentinian league over guys like Pepe Sánchez and Maxi Stanic. And also his team won the championship and he was named Finals MVP even when Mata, Leo Gutierrez and Martín Leiva (all going to London) plays in his team. That kid might surprise a lot of people at the Olympics.

As for the center position, I guess Scola will play as center with Nocioni/Kammerichs and Leo Gutierrez as PF. Juan Gutierrez will replace Scola and i think he is not going to play a lot. About Leiva i guess he will enter only to defend try to get some rebound and spent his 5 personal fouls haha. Marcos Delia (92' 6'11"), who played well in the U19 World Cup and also played at the Nike Hoop Summit, was competing to make the team for London, but our coach is so conservative and he considers him too inexperienced. I believe we will see Delia take over the center position after London.
            Last edited by Jokinen; 06-15-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I like this argentinian team very much, my only beef with them being their apparent lack of size and height. Having just one player near to 6'11" (Leiva) is gonna be difficult controlling the boards and defending taller bigmen of other teams. I think your coach should have included youngster Delia in the squad, as I liked his skills and shooting touch last year in U-19 tournament. Still, I think even this aging squad can easily contend for yet another medals this summer - the quality and intelligent fast basketball is still there

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                I like this argentinian team very much, my only beef with them being their apparent lack of size and height. Having just one player near to 6'11" (Leiva) is gonna be difficult controlling the boards and defending taller bigmen of other teams. I think your coach should have included youngster Delia in the squad, as I liked his skills and shooting touch last year in U-19 tournament. Still, I think even this aging squad can easily contend for yet another medals this summer - the quality and intelligent fast basketball is still there
                I pretty much agree with you. I think Leiva won´t play much, so i would have choosen Delia over him, he is a interesting young and tall player, and we will need a lot of him in the upcomming years, so, this could have been a good experience for him.

PS: BTW, Delia, Campazzo, Leiva and both Gutierrez, plus some youngsters are going to play the Southamerican Championship starting next monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokinen View Post
                  Campazzo is pretty amazing, he just turned 21 and was the best PG in the Argentinian league over guys like Pepe Sánchez and Maxi Stanic. And also his team won the championship and he was named Finals MVP even when Mata, Leo Gutierrez and Martín Leiva (all going to London) plays in his team. That kid might surprise a lot of people at the Olympics.

As for the center position, I guess Scola will play as center with Nocioni/Kammerichs and Leo Gutierrez as PF. Juan Gutierrez will replace Scola and i think he is not going to play a lot. About Leiva i guess he will enter only to defend try to get some rebound and spent his 5 personal fouls haha. Marcos Delia (92' 6'11"), who played well in the U19 World Cup and also played at the Nike Hoop Summit, was competing to make the team for London, but our coach is so conservative and he considers him too inexperienced. I believe we will see Delia take over the center position after London.
                  Campazzo is great. The fact that he's not even on NBA radar shows that NBA teams don't scout internationally like they claim they do. He might be the best point guard in the world at the 1991 generation. I think Scola and JP Gutierrez is fine for the center position. Kammerichs can help defensively at several positions, so I am sure he will be on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
                    Campazzo is great. The fact that he's not even on NBA radar shows that NBA teams don't scout internationally like they claim they do. He might be the best point guard in the world at the 1991 generation. I think Scola and JP Gutierrez is fine for the center position. Kammerichs can help defensively at several positions, so I am sure he will be on the team.
                    Yes its really curious. They don´t scout the LNB. Also, for some strange reason Campazzo didn´t play the 2009 U19 WC, so i guess they don´t have a clue about him. Plus its like scouts don´t bother to watch a 5'11" player.

Comment

Watching the Brazil vs Argentina game and it is a work of art.

Comment

Argentina defeated Brasil 80-74 in a really close game. Manu Ginobili 33 pts 3 rbs and 2 ast, Juan Gutiérrez 20 pts plus 8 rbs. As for Brasil Leandrinho 17 pts 4 ast, and Huertas 15 pts 4 rbs. Brasil looking great though.

BTW No Carlos Delfino for Argentina and no Nene for Brasil.

Comment

When Ginobili is on the court, Argentina is a super team.

Brazil had a lot of fouls trouble. I didnt like to see Brazil forcing the game from the outside.

Comment

Final roster - 2012 Olympics

Pablo Prigioni
                            Facundo Campazzo
                            Emanuel Ginóbili
                            Carlos Delfino
                            Andrés Nocioni
                            Federico Kammerichs
                            Hernán Jasen
                            Marcos Mata
                            Luis Scola
                            Leonardo Gutiérrez
                            Martín Leiva
                            Juan Gutiérrez

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information