Sean Marks retires from the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Marks retires from the NBA

The 11 year barnstorming veteran from NZ has announced his retirement. Marks will join the San Antonio Spurs organization as a player development coach.

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
    Last edited by CKR13; 12-18-2011, 04:14 AM.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

What a lad! Who ever thought that after the Kiwi departed from the Uni of Cali that he would be in the NBA for 11 Years. I still remember back in 1999 when he spent a season in Toronto while Vinsanity was still "Air Canada" Marks sitting on the bench and cheering on his team mates. Due to his accomplishment of having a long NBA career, he definitely ranks up there with the other great Kiwi basketballers such as former Tall Black captain Pero Cameron and former NBA trainee and former Uni of Wisconsin star Kirk Penney.

Is Sean Marks the best Kiwi basketballer ever?

I believe that's up for debate as Penney also played in the NBA but also did well in Europe and in the NCAA. And Pero Cameron led the Tall Blacks to the 4th spot in the 2002 World Championshps while also being named All World Tournament.

He could eventually become the Tall Blacks coach or even an NBA Assistant.

I have noticed that the greatest coaches in the NBA weren't necessarily the greatest players.

As we all know Phil Jackson was only a role player for the Knicks back in the 1970s. One major aspect of successful coaches is their ability to relate and communicate with all players and that's where the former role player aspect really helps successful coaches.
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

Comment

I've never understood why he spent so many years in NBA as a bench warmer, instead of being a good Euroleague player.
      He almost didn't play basketball in his career...
      Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
        I've never understood why he spent so many years in NBA as a bench warmer, instead of being a good Euroleague player.
        He almost didn't play basketball in his career...
        I have to agree. But he was not the only one doing so. I guess prestige and money mean more to those players. It's their choice... Not all players actually have passion for the game (see Walter Herrmann for instance), so they just try to seek out what's best for their lives.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

He could eventually become the Tall Blacks coach or even an NBA Assistant.

Comment

Sean Marks moves to the bench as an assistant of Popovich.

Kiwi Sean Marks becomes NBA assistant coach
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Marks is now the GM of the Nets
              http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240921/sean-marks-signs-four-year-$9m-deal-as-gm-of-nets
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

I hope that he will make changes and make more bold decisions
                Hello Neighbor
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information