this time GS really should resign.!!!

Comment

ya 7aram ya Hoskin ! Tel3it bi rasso.

translation: poor Hoskin !

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick_h View Post
        ya 7aram ya Hoskin ! Tel3it bi rasso.

translation: poor Hoskin !
        Loool man minimum!!! Who knows GS very well, should know that when he loses, he should blame someone!!! This is and has been always his runaways from failures!!! He won't blame the federation, since he is friends with them... So tol3it b Hoskins e? although Hoskins was his choice of naturlization hehehehe.... Now who is to blame?????? What a loop....

Shi b la33e!!!

Long live Lebanon !! (except all the politicians!!)
        Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard View Post
          Loool man minimum!!! Who knows GS very well, should know that when he loses, he should blame someone!!! This is and has been always his runaways from failures!!! He won't blame the federation, since he is friends with them... So tol3it b Hoskins e? although Hoskins was his choice of naturlization hehehehe.... Now who is to blame?????? What a loop....

Shi b la33e!!!

Long live Lebanon !! (except all the politicians!!)
          Looooooool man you have no idea what he's talking about, he said this coz they took the Lebanese passport from Hoskins coz he played in Israel, and it has nothing to do with his performance. No one, not even GS, talked about his performance. So once again you prove that you only HATE GS and you just attack him because you hate him.

Comment

Something is wrong in the details.

GS is leading Champville in the league and yet he can't make right choices with the NT. Very confusing ?!!

Comment

Something is wrong in the details.

GS is leading Champville in the league and yet he can't make right choices with the NT. Very confusing ?!!
              Not every coach that succeeds with a team means that he will succeed with another team.

Imo coaching an NT is different than coaching a league team and it's more difficult to create the required chemistry since the players of the NT are usually all star players of their respective teams.

How a coach approaches his players and how the players respond to their coach is also another factor that needs to be considered.

Some players shine more on their teams but yet can't do so with another coach on another team... for example Jean Abdel Nour is not being able to perform and play well under coach Sarkis with the NT while he is doing great with Riyadi.

Being accustomed to the players and vice versa also plays a role... With Champville most of the team has had enough time to get used to coach Sarkis and learning their roles and what is required from them on the court. The same can't be said of the NT with coach Sarkis.

This is why preparing for a tournament ahead of time and playing many games before hand is so important for gaining the required chemistry especially for an NT since these players are coming from different teams and need time to gel together to be productive and successful.

This is also another reason why coach Tab for example was more succesful with the Lebanese NT than he was with Sagesse. And also coach Tab is being able to be successful with the Jordanian NT since he is being given the means and adequate time to prepare the Jordanian NT.

I know I have said this many times before but i'll say it once more... gone are the days when one can achieve results without proper preparation.

Comment

fair point but he is GS one of the best coaches in the Lebanese basketball history. (Bernard, don't get mad )
                He's been there for 20 years now, he knows almost every player the way they play the way they think, we can't compare him to coach Baldwin. The guy knows the players and the mentality of them much better than any domestic/international coach.

This why i prefer NT coaches to focus only on the NT during the season period. I was against appointing coach Tab for Sagesse last year. But we are unprofessional unfortunately. I even remember some of the members here said we know he's not gonna do anything during the league period, which is exactly the wrong impression. So he didn't succeed with Sagesse and the public went crazy on him, eventually Mr Barakat send him away. And now he's doing great results with a country they've looked at us as examples in the basketball....more than that they've beaten us with a less strong team with the same coach that we let him go.

Comment

fair point but he is GS one of the best coaches in the Lebanese basketball history. (Bernard, don't get mad )
                  He's been there for 20 years now, he knows almost every player the way they play the way they think, we can't compare him to coach Baldwin. The guy knows the players and the mentality of them much better than any domestic/international coach.

This why i prefer NT coaches to focus only on the NT during the season period. I was against appointing coach Tab for Sagesse last year. But we are unprofessional unfortunately. I even remember some of the members here said we know he's not gonna do anything during the league period, which is exactly the wrong impression. So he didn't succeed with Sagesse and the public went crazy on him, eventually Mr Barakat send him away. And now he's doing great results with a country they've looked at us as examples in the basketball....more than that they've beaten us with a less strong team with the same coach that we let him go.
                  True Sarkis should know all our players more than any other coach. But I also don't think that a Lebanese coach of a league team is a best option because he will always give preferences to players of his team which is not necessarily the correct decision and this is why I am against having any Lebanese coach of a team coaching our NT (and I am also against if a foreign coach is coaching both a team from our league as well as our NT). The coach for the NT should imo be only the coach for an NT and not other teams.

Another point that I have in mind and it probably sounds bad or wrong to be said but maybe our players are not motivated enough to play for our NT in a tournament that they don't consider important for them.

Maybe if the federation said that if we win this tournament the amount of money that would be given to us for winning the tournament would be distributed to the players they might have cared more since winning this tournament doesn't mean anything other than that we're Arab Champions...It's not like in the Asian Championships where the top 3 teams qualify to the World Championships or the winner in the next tournament gets to play in the Olympics.
                  Last edited by Khalid80; 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Not at all !! i do agree with u !! GS IS one of the best lebanese coaches in leb NO DOUBT !!! actually he becomes a good coach once the money is spent for the TEAM in the league and has super stars in the roster, which imo does not work the same with the NT!! (what did he do with the youth U18 NT ?!?! can someone remind me?... how were the practices going ?! does anyone know ?.....)
                    There are a looooooooooootttttttt better than him for our NT !! he is not qualified to lead our NT !!
                    1- he makes too many killer mistakes !!
                    2- doesnt make and take the right decision !!
                    3- isnt professional enough to discipline his players and staff, even himself !!

(the U18 young players and he couldnt achieve anytg with them, what do u expect)

and as khalid said, a foreign coach should handle the NT and ONLY the NT !! preparations should be done even for the silliest tournament, or else better not to participate and embarass our basketball !!
                    now that we've gone out from the 1st round, in the "supposed to be easy" Pan Arab games, will the FLB do the same for GS who, as some here claim, he knows all the players, and how to deal with them, specially his league team players, and is supposed to achieve at least smtg in this easy pan arab games ?!?! as what they did to Coach Tab Baldwin when he was appointed our NT coach 3 weeks before the World Championship (try to compare the level with this Pan Arab Games), and knows no players, or their skills, capabilities or level ?!

and regarding Hoskins playing in Israel ya Malek (awwal shi u should know that i have ntg against u my friend, but i know facts and stuff u dont know), who calimed this thg about sam? the GM of the sports ministry ?!.....why now ?! lol why after this humiliation ?!....is it an excuse ?! if so, thats also a scandal or lets say a weakness (which is known akeed w ta ma nkabbera kamen) that our general security/customs are either sleeping, bribed or can do whatever they want when they want!!! dude, his CV shows that he played in Israel, and it was on the Internet since a long time (ensa l wikipedia)!!
                    did they make up this story as an excuse?!?! u figure it out man... analyse it well !! was it to protect GS's reputation ?! man u dono GS !! uve never played with him...u dono what he can do under the table, and how he could make ur image and reputation look bad !!...
                    Dakhlak ?! who brought Sam Hoskins to Champville ANNNDDD the NT !??!! didnt he read his CV ?! ....

i dono if that is enough said... and i dont hate GS !!...its just that i dont like him coaching our NT !! coz he brings failures more than success....
                    and as i said before (and also Khalid mentioned it in a nicer way ) he should stay in the league , and thats more than enough for him... specially with a well budgeted team like champville (if he wants to keep his good reputation)!!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except all the Politicians !!)
                    Last edited by Bernard; 12-20-2011, 10:10 AM.
                    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

But we are unprofessional unfortunately. I even remember some of the members here said we know he's not gonna do anything during the league period, which is exactly the wrong impression.
                      The FLB president confirmed the theory on Sunday night on LBCI. I was watching what he said on Sports Mag. ''12 k/month was the salary for Baldwin, why waste another 10 months of his contract paying him 120 k which we don't have and we all know he's not gonna do anything during this period.''

He just confirmed the non-professionalism of his work.

Comment

The FLB president confirmed the theory on Sunday night on LBCI. I was watching what he said on Sports Mag. ''12 k/month was the salary for Baldwin, why waste another 10 months of his contract paying him 120 k which we don't have and we all know he's not gonna do anything during this period.''

He just confirmed the non-professionalism of his work.
                        LOL !! good point MAV !!...... 3al mafdou7 man.... ma 7ada byest7e !!..and they think they r right !!!.....if they dont have the money....laken let them resign !! PERIOD !!.....shi bi kharreh w bi la33e (tra: that is very shitty)!! =/

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians !!)

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information