Lebanon National Team in the Doha Arab games 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon National Team in the Doha Arab games 2011

Okay...well I dono if it was us, or the referees or maybe both who showed a mediocre performance and level tonight in Lebanon vs Tunisia game in the Arab games.
    In my opinion, it was both, we played like SH*T and the refereeing level was extremely awful!!

1st congratulations to Tunisia who were playing with at least 3 main players missing from their roster.
    2nd their fans were fun and enjoying the game, which made it more and more enthusiastic.
    3rd ya3ne I dono if we seriously should lose this competition in this year's games to prove how bad Ghassan Sarkis is and what a failure is our FLB barakat's administration....

Its a pity what im gona say, is that Today's game proved how bad our NT is, and how much we didn't deserve to reach the semis in the Asian championship, even when khatib is playing...

1- we were losing by 11 pts in the last quarter and making turnovers, and still ur lovable GS was joking around with his bench and never called a time out....(gd thg khatib and Stephan had big hearts to minimize the margin to 6 pts with 5 mn left for the game...)

2- It is so clear that ur lovable GS enjoys playing with his club players only...khatib, Hoskins, (nadim hawk was even called to the NT lol...) and his buddies like rodrigue akl...
    Ali Kanaan,willy fares, Mohammad Ibrahim...they didn't even took a chance to play!!!! Wlik these can bring u games...good thg GS didn't exaggerate in his players choice and got his son on the roster...

3- I dono if anyone noticed, that when elie Stephan started making his 3pts shots, ur lovable GS took him out to the bench in the 3rd quarter....lol is that stupid or what....

4- Tunisia key players nb 15 and 11 had 4 fouls in the 3rd Q...and ur lovable GS couldn't manage his players to play under the basket to take these 2 players out with 5 fouls??....

I know Tunisia is the Afro champions, but their level is not as strong as the Asian lately...
    Anyways the guys tried their best tonight, khatib did as much as he can,
    Sam Hoskins even though made around 20 pts is still the worst choice for the naturalization,
    Jean abdel nour is not the player we all know anymore
    Ali Mahmoud did his job
    I dono where elie rustom is , and y he wasn't chosen for the NT
    Ali kanaan,will fares, Ibrahim they should've played

Despite the low level of the referees tonight, our NT were so below their level, as the score sheet shows that only 3 players scored with Lebanon and 12 players scored with Tunisia...

Hard luck for Lebanon..

I dono if it's the time to change the coach and the FLB resignation or is it too late...
    Jordan are so lucky to have tim Baldwin as their coach and I think they will win the basketball competition.

Long live Lebanon (Except All The Politicians!!)
    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

This the result when we appoint GS as a the coach of the Lebanese NT. And I said the same thing when he coached the lebanese U 18.
    He s a charismatic, an enthousiastic but never a strategical or a technical coach to lead national teams......

Comment

Well Bernard it's obvious that you hate GS and you're just attacking to attack, but i agree he did many mistakes during the game.
      FYI Mohammad Ibrahim is Champville's player.

Comment

Our federation are simply geniuses They think that we can win this Championship without any preparation.

I understand that with Fadi back on the NT and our current available roster we can win if we had prepared even with just a couple of weeks of training, but not in this manner... I believe if we lose against Jordan we will be out if i'm not mistaken.

We used to complain before in previous years that our federation was not professional but right now I don't think we can have any worse of a federation and the longer these guys are in charge the worse our results will be for our basketball NT. Wait a couple of years and we will see our NT drop in the rankings....
        I just fear the day that Khatib finally retires from basketball what will happen to our NT cause right now no one can fill his absence (I still have my hopes for Ahmad Ibrahim to do so but that will be a while for this to happen and if he continues working hard)

Comment

Originally posted by MALEK View Post
          Well Bernard it's obvious that you hate GS and you're just attacking to attack, but i agree he did many mistakes during the game.
          FYI Mohammad Ibrahim is Champville's player.
          well i dont hate him... but i dont like him to be our NT head coach, not even the assistant...coz above all, he is not professional, and then he always takes bad decisions and makes as many mistakes as a low level school coach...even school basketball coaches make less mistakes than him !!

i know Mo Ibrahim is champville's player, but remind me how much play time does he get to have in a normal game with them ? anyways he's not GS's favourite...

and admit it once and for all Malek, GS is the worst choice for out NT... lebanese league...well thats the maximum he should reach..

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)
          Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            Our federation are simply geniuses They think that we can win this Championship without any preparation.

I understand that with Fadi back on the NT and our current available roster we can win if we had prepared even with just a couple of weeks of training, but not in this manner... I believe if we lose against Jordan we will be out if i'm not mistaken.

We used to complain before in previous years that our federation was not professional but right now I don't think we can have any worse of a federation and the longer these guys are in charge the worse our results will be for our basketball NT. Wait a couple of years and we will see our NT drop in the rankings....
            I just fear the day that Khatib finally retires from basketball what will happen to our NT cause right now no one can fill his absence (I still have my hopes for Ahmad Ibrahim to do so but that will be a while for this to happen and if he continues working hard)

tab enno, how much time do we need to say this !?!?!...... i mean, where is the ministry's role behind this continuous failure ?!?!.... if us, as basketball players, fans, observers, and some know about the game more than anyone in the federation, are not being able to deliver our opinions and point of views to the responsible persons.... how could all this be fixed !??!

and YES khaled... ya3neh if it wasnt for Khatib, it wouldve been a total disaster, thus an embarrassment for the NT !!

im really sorry to say this and be negative this time for our NT, but if failing in the basketball competition and not qualifiying would be a reason to waive GS as the NT head coach (ha iza ma sta7a w addam esti2alto la7alo) and a reason to waive all the current FLB administration and make new elections... well then i hope that Lebanon will lose in Basketball being a proof of a total failure !!

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post

Khalid, to keep hopes on Ahmad Ibrahim (or any other prospects), we need a strong federation to protect such phenomenon and bring him to the LEbanese league (if not now, hopefully after he finishes college in the U.S), offering him all what he needs, just like what Choueiry did for Khatib....

for God's sake, if we are not managing to match the arabs NTs (with all due respect to them, but at least match them with a better advantage, and not being hesitant if we could win them or not...since we all know that LEBANON has the best NT among all the arab countries... or HAD the best NT...) then stop being so optimistic on winning against Iran, China, Korea, Japan, even Taipei and Philipines, who always act prefessionally and start their preparations months before any tournament, no matter how much importance it reflects them!!! (thats in asia, and let us not speak about the European or American NTs...)

Whats happening to us, is exactly what happened to Egypt when they were the dominant and scary NT in Africa and Arabs, when they reached a time another country (Lebanon) and took it all from them, even in the rankings; at that time the reason Egypt had this decline was due to their federation who was corrupt that time (end of the 90's).

I hope we catch up as much as we can with whats remaining of our beloved NT and start thinking seriously about that issue !! coz Basketball is the only thing that is making us Lebanese alive and proud internationally.

and as a start for that, FLB should be changed ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!! and appoint a new foreign Head Coach for the Lebanese NT (American or European) and start looking for new and young blood to enroll in the NT !!!!!!

i hope there are ppl in here who feel and agree with me, and stop being stubborn, shallow and narrow minded!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard View Post
                Khalid, to keep hopes on Ahmad Ibrahim (or any other prospects), we need a strong federation to protect such phenomenon and bring him to the LEbanese league (if not now, hopefully after he finishes college in the U.S), offering him all what he needs, just like what Choueiry did for Khatib....

for God's sake, if we are not managing to match the arabs NTs (with all due respect to them, but at least match them with a better advantage, and not being hesitant if we could win them or not...since we all know that LEBANON has the best NT among all the arab countries... or HAD the best NT...) then stop being so optimistic on winning against Iran, China, Korea, Japan, even Taipei and Philipines, who always act prefessionally and start their preparations months before any tournament, no matter how much importance it reflects them!!! (thats in asia, and let us not speak about the European or American NTs...)

Whats happening to us, is exactly what happened to Egypt when they were the dominant and scary NT in Africa and Arabs, when they reached a time another country (Lebanon) and took it all from them, even in the rankings; at that time the reason Egypt had this decline was due to their federation who was corrupt that time (end of the 90's).

I hope we catch up as much as we can with whats remaining of our beloved NT and start thinking seriously about that issue !! coz Basketball is the only thing that is making us Lebanese alive and proud internationally.

and as a start for that, FLB should be changed ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!! and appoint a new foreign Head Coach for the Lebanese NT (American or European) and start looking for new and young blood to enroll in the NT !!!!!!

i hope there are ppl in here who feel and agree with me, and stop being stubborn, shallow and narrow minded!

I agree with you on every word you said! I am afraid tunis is the next lebanon! we are not number 1 anymore until we PREPARE and work hard for a new PROMISING national and not Players GS sarkis prefers!
                Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

tab enno, how much time do we need to say this !?!?!...... i mean, where is the ministry's role behind this continuous failure ?!?!.... if us, as basketball players, fans, observers, and some know about the game more than anyone in the federation, are not being able to deliver our opinions and point of views to the responsible persons.... how could all this be fixed !??!

and YES khaled... ya3neh if it wasnt for Khatib, it wouldve been a total disaster, thus an embarrassment for the NT !!

im really sorry to say this and be negative this time for our NT, but if failing in the basketball competition and not qualifiying would be a reason to waive GS as the NT head coach (ha iza ma sta7a w addam esti2alto la7alo) and a reason to waive all the current FLB administration and make new elections... well then i hope that Lebanon will lose in Basketball being a proof of a total failure !!

Unfortunately Bernard it seems the federation doesn't care much about our NT like they say they do... and what is sad is that this year the Lebanese league is having one of it's best and strongest leagues ever but this isn't being reflected in our NT which is in one of its worst conditions in a long time.

If they (FLBB) just cared to put some effort to set a proper plan and get the required funds we wouldn't have been in this situation... but obviously they don't and what worries me is that if these guys stay in office till the 2013 Asian Championships which should be taking place in Lebanon we might get disgraced at our best sport on our home court and that would be a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
                    I agree with you on every word you said! I am afraid tunis is the next lebanon! we are not number 1 anymore until we PREPARE and work hard for a new PROMISING national and not Players GS sarkis prefers!
                    The Tunisian basketball federation worked very hard on a goal (qualify to the Olympics) and they were able to fulfill that goal and defeat Angola who have always been the best team in Africa for a long while. I hope we can emulate what they did and achieve such a result one day.... (akeed not with this federation )

Comment

i know Mo Ibrahim is champville's player, but remind me how much play time does he get to have in a normal game with them ? anyways he's not GS's favourite...
                      It seems you're not watching the league!

and admit it once and for all Malek, GS is the worst choice for out NT... lebanese league...well thats the maximum he should reach..
                      It's your opinion and i don't think it's based on basketball knowledge.
                      The only one to be blamed is the federation, it's not acceptable to have only ONE training session before any tournament!!!!!!!
                      You know even if you have a team full of stars it's not enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by MALEK View Post
                        It seems you're not watching the league!

It's your opinion and i don't think it's based on basketball knowledge.
                        The only one to be blamed is the federation, it's not acceptable to have only ONE training session before any tournament!!!!!!!
                        You know even if you have a team full of stars it's not enough to win.
                        well its true Mo Ibrahim is playing between 20 - 30mn per game in the league... but still he was a riadi player...way better than his son anyways (so logic to play more)... and definately not one of his buddies...

for the 2nd thg, la2 its totally based on basketball knowledge my friend!
                        i am a player, and i know how and when to take better decisions!!!

when ur team is losing by 10 pts (which can be made up easily if a good offensive and defensive strategy was executed - ensa l defensive coz they were doing a good job with some mistakes to some extent, but this midget referee was demolishing their wall) with 6-7 mn remaining for the game u dont keep on joking with ur team with a huge smile on ur face!! and when ur players r making continuous turnovers, it is not acceptable to keep the run going and not calling any time outs to calm the players, wake them up and fix the gaps!!! when ur shooter (Stephan) start making his shots, u simply keep him on the court and create space/play for him so that he continues his run, rather than substituting him with H. KHATIHB !! MY GOD !!!!!!!!
                        All this my friend doesnt even need basketball knowledge !! THESE ARE BASICS game readings !! and weak coaches should know how to read these game plays.

anyways man i am a Sagesse ex-student, ex-player and fan... but when i c extraordinary and continuous SAME mistakes... i just cant keep my mouth shut !! i dono how could u ever compare GS to T. Baldwin for example who was assigned to lead the NT 3 weeks before the world championship...while GS know all the players and their level.
                        and GS should b greatful for sagesse who created him and made his name shine in the lebanese and WABA basketball...thx to ppl like choueiry, mechantaf, khatib, bshara, asha, and other stars. he had a team full of stars man... what do u expect !?

what was his best achievement after that !??! 2nd place with champville who also have the 2nd "roster full of stars" after Riadi, and are practicing daily ?!?!.... come onnn...

and yes, the federation is the 1st to blame !! true that !!....
                        for neglecting the NT and waiving T. Baldwin, replacing him with a local coach.

i apologize guys for my reaction, but basketball and our NT mean a lot to me!!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians !!)

Comment

I told you it's true he made many mistakes during the game!

and GS should b greatful for sagesse who created him and made his name shine in the lebanese and WABA basketball...thx to ppl like choueiry, mechantaf, khatib, bshara, asha, and other stars. he had a team full of stars man... what do u expect !?
                          No one created GS, Sagesse success was due to 3 factors:
                          1- Professional admin lead by Pr. Choueiry R.I.P.
                          2- Great technical staff lead by Ghassan Sarkis.
                          3- Amazing roster.

Comment

It seems there are some good points here, but the thing is how come the same coach can win all league games with a less budget than his number 1 opponent (Riyadi) and fails to deliver with the NT ?

This unprofessional people running this game should step off for good.
                            This happens when we waste time before tournaments playing some friendly club tournament on the back of the NT. Can someone tell me how many practices the NT had before going to the PAN Arab Games ? How many friendly matches they've played to prepare to win the 'GOLD' ? If we had at least 2-3 preparative friendlies we could have avoid the loss yesterday. Jordan NT were watching Riyadi vs Champville from the court while they were camping in Lebanon two weeks earlier. I won't be surprised if they kick us out of the tournament.

From day 1 that's our mistake, last minute gathering no preparations no games and yet we expect results. Well, simply it's not gonna happen. That's a fact !

Comment

Professional work means everyone should put some effort in order to succeed! In case of a loss we blame the whole structure and not just one person! When you lose a game it's everyone's mistake and not just one person!

IT'S OUR FUCKIN FEDERATION MISTAKE FOR NOT PREPARING ANY OF OUR NATIONAL TEAMS AND DELIVER THEM TO STRONG TOURNAMENTS BLAMING THEM FOR BAD RESULTS. INSTEAD OF HELPING THE COACH IN SCOUTING THEY JUST ASK HIM FOR GOLD. THIS FEDERATION IS ALWAYS BROKE WTF??

IT'S OUR COACH'S MISTAKE FOR NOT CHOOSING THE CORRECT ROSTER. SARKIS CAN SEND A TEAM OF YOUNG WITH SOME EXPERT PLAYERS BUT AT LEAST CHOOSE THE CORRECT ONES. WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF LOSING A GAME YOU DO NOT LAUGH AND BLAME THE REFEREES. YOU CALL FOR A TIME OUT AND CHANGE THE SYSTEM(that is if his players fit his own system lol)

IT'S OUR PLAYERS MISTAKE FOR UNDERESTIMATING THE OTHER TEAM

(Font in bold is too big and might seem offensive to others. Khalid80)

Sarkis you can't ask fadi to score all your points! it's a 5 on 5 game
                              It's clear we need a whole new structure. New federation new foreign coach who follows our league and HE chooses the players. " Without fadi we are 0, Fadi should lead the team" "I must be invited to the national team, I do not fit the coach's system he must be changed" (no dear you must work hard to fit his system else you have to be changed) "we are broke we can't send our team to camps" We do not wanna hear such expressions anymore from both fans and players! We must hold on keep faith and work on a 4 years plan with both A and B national team.
                              Last edited by Khalid80; 12-12-2011, 10:11 AM.
                              Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information