9 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year 2011

Default FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year 2011

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

I voted for Saric, but my objective opinion is Mirotic, Valanciunas, Kanter
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

In my opinion Mirotic,Valanciunas and probably Kanter should be in the running for this prize.I think Mirotic and Valanciunas have done much more than Kanter last year,so both of them should be main competitors.Because I'm biased and Jonas have been in more NT's last year,I will go with him,but Mirotic is a close second.
    As for Saric,he's to young to be winning this prize against others.He's what,17?He'll definitely win it in a few years,because I have no doubt that he'll become a great player in the future.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Only Mirotic and Valanciunas have a case her really...
    Since lithuanian was dominating his peers in the world as opposed to just in continental Europe, I give an edge to him here then. Nikola was majorly impressive scorer too, but he played at home and that brings his case down a few notches for me. Kanter didn't do squat this year and others are not even worth discussing

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Kanter didn't do squat this year and others are not even worth discussing
    Oh come on,he was quite decent during the European championships.Not great,but for a guy who didn't play for 2 years he looked ok.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlerlt View Post
    Oh come on,he was quite decent during the European championships.Not great,but for a guy who didn't play for 2 years he looked ok.
    you do realise it's madmax who you are trying to prove something?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Only Mirotic and Valanciunas have a case her really...
    Since lithuanian was dominating his peers in the world as opposed to just in continental Europe, I give an edge to him here then. Nikola was majorly impressive scorer too, but he played at home and that brings his case down a few notches for me. Kanter didn't do squat this year and others are not even worth discussing
    Yes,Valancunas' domination against 1.75 Korean centers definitely gives him the edge on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Yes,Valancunas' domination against 1.75 Korean centers definitely gives him the edge on this.
    no, his domination against ALL the teams, especially the one from US and A and it's helpless bigs...how much did he drop on those suckas again? Was it 30 and 15 or something? He was going all Shaq on those weaklings

Actually he got his ass handed on a plate by Patric Young and co,who arent even considered top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Actually he got his ass handed on a plate by Patric Young and co,who arent even considered top prospects.
    did he? I just rechecked his stats from that game and he indeed had 30 and 15...not like it was his best game of the tournament either - he was just warming up before destroying a much more worthy opponent serbian 7'3 giant in the final

mirotis is one of leaders of real madrid (best player by my opinion). noother is on that level. that's anuff
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Mirotič has no single individual title, or does he? At the same time, who knows how Valančiūnas would look playing for Real with real point guards. His U19 domination and MVP tile looks the most convincing argument here.

Nice bunch of talents in the list though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mirotič has no single individual title, or does he? At the same time, who knows how Valančiūnas would look playing for Real with real point guards. His U19 domination and MVP tile looks the most convincing argument here.

Nice bunch of talents in the list though.
    Actually it's not about a point guard here. Mirotic do things which Jonas can't. He hits the three (4/5 against MTA and incredible performance at that game - 33 rkg and almost everything in the first half), he drives to the basket, so he's very solid PF-C player and one of the leaders in one of the best teams in Europe. Jonas isn't comparable to him on adult level at the moment.

And you're wrong, he won gold at U-20, becoming MVP and averaging 27 points...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Actually it's not about a point guard here. Mirotic do things which Jonas can't. He hits the three (4/5 against MTA and incredible performance at that game - 33 rkg and almost everything in the first half), he drives to the basket, so he's very solid PF-C player and one of the leaders in one of the best teams in Europe. Jonas isn't comparable to him on adult level at the moment.

And you're wrong, he won gold at U-20, becoming MVP and averaging 27 points...
    so he plays a different position and style...big deal.
    Mirotic also can't finish as well as Jonas at the rim, block shots, rebound and protect the paint too. It's nonsensical to compare players who are doing different things on court.

Mirotic is already a key player in a top club like Real Madrid. Since Ibaka and Rudy left he had no problem taking the leading role in the team. Such boldness is not usual for a 20 year old guy. Clear-cut choice to me.

so he plays a different position and style...big deal.
    Mirotic also can't finish as well as Jonas at the rim, block shots, rebound and protect the paint too. It's nonsensical to compare players who are doing different things on court.
    It was just a wrong statement, that Mirotic is so good because of a real pg, that's why i wrote it. Yes, it's not worth comparing them because of a different style, but it's possible to compare how they can score playing 1 vs 1 without any assists help and how they are doing on the court overall.

If i were an owner or a coach of a team and i could choose one of all these players in the list, i would choose Mirotic without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    It was just a wrong statement, that Mirotic is so good because of a real pg, that's why i wrote it. Yes, it's not worth comparing them because of a different style, but it's possible to compare how they can score playing 1 vs 1 without any assists help and how they are doing on the court overall.

If i were an owner or a coach of a team and i could choose one of all these players in the list, i would choose Mirotic without any doubt.
    Mirotic benefits from Real's quality PG play too. And I never questioned his scoring abilities, but he isn't athletic and his playing style is more suited to european half-court sets. I could make a very legit case that Jonas would look much better in NBA than Mirotic too...anyway, this discussion is pointless, since both guys are in different situations on their teams and Jonas is clearly underused by Rytas as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Visseira View Post
    Mirotic is already a key player in a top club like Real Madrid. Since Ibaka and Rudy left he had no problem taking the leading role in the team. Such boldness is not usual for a 20 year old guy. Clear-cut choice to me.
    exactly....being best player on one of top euro teams is worth twice then all junior games performaces....not that his "U" games sucked either
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Nikola Mirotic without doubt.Jonas Valanciunas is a joke,Mirotic is already a beast.

Mirotic with an important role:

vs. Maccabi - 26 points and 8 rebounds, 33 ranking
    vs. Estudiantes - 11 points and 14 rebounds, 20 ranking
    vs. Partizan - 21 points and 8 rebounds, 30 ranking
    vs. Manresa - 20 points and 7 rebounds, 21 ranking

Averages: 19.5 points and 9.25 rebounds, 26 ranking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast