A israeli center in missing! Award to the finders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A israeli center in missing! Award to the finders

As I sure you all know, the jewish people always lack the height and the size.
    now days the Israeli bball is desperately need some big guy.
    The Israeli C is a rare animal maybe even does not exists in the high/medium levels.

I call for all to keep looking for someone who can take some reb and play inside (someone with the right height) who his happen to be jewish .(or can have an Israeli passport)

this tread will keep following and looking on potential big guys that can maybe be the salvation of the israeli bball.

Players that I will keep following:
    Alex Tyus- (23,203 cm,PF/C)

playing right now for maccabi ashdod from the Israeli first d. first year from collage. stats (from the moment of the post):
    11.2 pt,9.5 reb. he is in a process's to become jewish
    adventage: very young and already leading player in the israeli league with the most reb for Israeli.
    disadventege: not high enough. not a pure C althought he has inside game and reb skills.cus he is not local player he cant replace right now David Blu in the NT.

Jake Cohen-(21.208;PF/C).
    played last year for the Israeli U20 team. scored 25 pt.

Ben Altit- (18,208,C)

played for Israel U 18 NT. scored not enough for his potentional.
    played last year for youth MTA and now move to collage of Miami if i remember currently.
    adventage- big size and height. great technical game play.
    disadventage- get out of the game early. not stable. get tired easily.

Isaac Rosefelt -(26,204,PF/C)

play for Hapoel Lev Hasharon from the Israeli second d.
    his stats:
    17.5 pts ,11 reb

Alex chovrovich- (25,213,C)
    start playing bball in the age of 18. played untill recently in spain 3rd d.
    stats:
    10.8 pts, 8.9 reb
    this year he moved to the second d but because his team had finance problem he moved back to Hironi Ramat Gan from the Israeli second d.

its in hebrew

Robert Rothbart- (25,217,C/PF)
    .....dont know if he worth being in the list.

Ram Eliasfur-(18,208,C)
    played for all Israel U NT.
    Played as a poster boy for Hapoel Jerusalem. move to play for Holland first d for Zevvilla (correct me if i am mistaken )

Jeremiah Kreisberg (PF/C 207 106kg 1992)
    Played for Israel U20.(scored 15 pts with 8 and something reb). He was a McDonald’s All-America nominee in his high shool years. He has a nice frame with long arms. He start pretty well his sophomore season at Yale (so far 9pts & 7,5 rbs in 25 minutes per game). thanks for serbianhoops for bring his name and the info.
    first 25 sec

Dane DiLiegro- (23. 207,110 kg,C)

played last year for UNH
    Scored 8.7 pts with a 52% fg and 8.3 reb in 28.4 min.
    I lack a lot of info on him so please if you know something let me know.
    Plays in Italy...I think..
    Thanks for Czarkazem13 for the info.

Aaron Liberman (PF/C 207cm 95kg)

Aaron Liberman is a lengthy post player with long arms and an intriguing upside. He runs well in transition and is active at both ends. He has a nice touch in the paint area and rebounds fairly well in his area. Last year, he didn't plan to play in the post in college because of his weight (now 210 pounds), which didn't allow him to bang down low at that level. So he spent four hours a day during the summer working on his ball handling with a private coach, former Los Angeles Clipper Josh Moore. Due to faith reasons, he is in Israel since September and he is doing some weight training with a coach who was an Olimpic weight lifter in order to get stronger. In USA, while playing for Valley Torah, he has earned interest from Yale, Dartmouth, Boston College and Pepperdine. If he manage to fill out his body in order to play PF in college, I won't be surprise to see better NCAA program recruited him.

After Jake Cohen and Jeremiah Kreisberg, I guess he will be the next american jew to play for Israel U20.
    *thanks to serbianhoops for the info

add players and put more info on the players that were already mention.
    Last edited by cscarlos; 12-05-2011, 06:33 AM.

What exactly happened to Kazarnovski? He use to be great at U20 level few years ago.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Elia sror-(16, 2.08)
      was in the u16 NT, and had avarage of 3.8 pts, 1.6.
      he does'nt look so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        What exactly happened to Kazarnovski? He use to be great at U20 level few years ago.
        huge Potential. didnt make it all worth out...

say.. what can you add to Robert Rothbart info from this season in olimpija ljubljana?

Comment

Originally posted by cscarlos View Post
          say.. what can you add to Robert Rothbart info from this season in olimpija ljubljana?
          like it seems he starts to use his potential, he doins alot for a few minutes.

Comment

maybe some of our american friends can scout on some collage players that might be interesting

Comment

I call for all to keep looking for someone who can take some reb and play inside (someone with the right height) who his happen to be jewish .(or can have an Israeli passport)

pretty good case.Jewish,starting center in Nba averagin 25.3 points,8 rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post

pretty good case.Jewish,starting center in Nba averagin 25.3 points,8 rebounds
                Can anybody convince him to play for the NT?

Comment

someone knows what happened to Jemy Harnold who played for Hulon last year?

you know what...forget about it...old and not good anymore.

Comment

I would add Dane DiLiegro (in Italy) and Nate Lubbick (Georgetown) to the list of possible future big men for Israel. Corbin Moore, also, may have potential. D'or Fischer, if he get's married, too.

To bad Splitter is taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                      I would add Dane DiLiegro (in Italy) and Nate Lubbick (Georgetown) to the list of possible future big men for Israel. Corbin Moore, also, may have potential. D'or Fischer, if he get's married, too.

To bad Splitter is taken.
                      from their stats its seems like they are not that great.....beside Dane (8.7 pts and 8 reb).
                      interesting to see whats up with Fischer....he can help us alot in the NT....

Comment

from their stats its seems like they are not that great.....beside Dane (8.7 pts and 8 reb).
                        interesting to see whats up with Fischer....he can help us alot in the NT....
                        Keep your eye on Lubbick, he will will be better than most of the names mentioned so far. You can't judge everything on just stats, plus he plays for Georgetown, which is a top-notch basketball school (oh yeah, and a good university too, if you care about such things).

Moore has been kind of disapointing but he still has potential.

Hope DiLiegro doesn't get lost in Italy like Paul Vitelli, though DiLiegro is needed much more. Then again, so was Alex Bougaieff.

As for Fischer, I'm not totally sure on his status with his Israeli girlfriend, but his services would definitaly be welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                          Keep your eye on Lubbick, he will will be better than most of the names mentioned so far. You can't judge everything on just stats, plus he plays for Georgetown, which is a top-notch basketball school (oh yeah, and a good university too, if you care about such things).

Moore has been kind of disapointing but he still has potential.

Hope DiLiegro doesn't get lost in Italy like Paul Vitelli, though DiLiegro is needed much more. Then again, so was Alex Bougaieff.

As for Fischer, I'm not totally sure on his status with his Israeli girlfriend, but his services would definitaly be welcomed.
                          I know stats are not everything but you brought me names of players that score 3 pts per game....and they are not in their first year in college....and if you forgot we are talking about players that have the potential to really help the israeli bball...because we have some mediocre C already....you got to ask...do they even good enough to play for Israel first division?

Comment

I know stats are not everything but you brought me names of players that score 3 pts per game....and they are not in their first year in college....and if you forgot we are talking about players that have the potential to really help the israeli bball...because we have some mediocre C already....you got to ask...do they even good enough to play for Israel first division?
                            I'm sorry, Lubbick scores three points per game?!

The man is on some NBA teams watchlist. He's getting compared to Kevin Love with his style of play. He's a banger with a good post game. Solid rebounder and good passer for a big man. Plus he's Jewish. Yep, that wouldn't help Israel at all.

Again, he is either already better than or will be better than pretty much all the names up there. The fact that he plays for one of the top Division I schools also matters. If he played in Division II like Rosefelt, or a small school like Cohen, he would have better numbers than them (of course, that's my opionion, but it's not exactly considered far-fetched).

As far as Moore goes, I put his name in there since many of the names you brought up aren't going to be exaclty manning the middle for Israel either. DiLiegro is already better than most you addressed. I mean, why not bring up Anton Shouvton or Jan Martin (though I think he played for Spain U-21)?

Playing in Israel's first division would be a let down for Lubbick. DiLiegro could play in the Israeli first division and Moore, we'll wait and see; However, again, you listed players that aren't even in the Israeli first division.

Comment

I'm sorry, Lubbick scores three points per game?!
                              Actually he kinda does. 4 PPG in his rookie season and 4.6 PPG as a Sophomore this season.

The man is on some NBA teams watchlist. He's getting compared to Kevin Love with his style of play. He's a banger with a good post game. Solid rebounder and good passer for a big man. Plus he's Jewish. Yep, that wouldn't help Israel at all.
                              It is an insult to Kevin Love to be mentioned on the same forum page with Lubbick, let alone to be compared to him in any way.

View the profile of Georgetown Hoyas Forward Nate Lubick on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Playing in Israel's first division would be a let down for Lubbick.
                              An insult again... Our league sucks balls, but not that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information