Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Quiz

Default The Movie Quiz

Guys, I'm bored. I remembered a game we used to play at another board long time ago. Try to guess from which movie each screenshot is. (Ruile: Max two guesses per user at a time).

Hey, I myself am not sure about some of them . But they cannot be newer than 2007.

Please feel free to post your own quiz.

Answers:
    1. Steamboy (2004) - Dtown
    2. Road to Perdition (2002) - SunOverHStreet
    3. Interstate 60 (2002) - Mindozas
    4. The Jacket (2005) - Mindozas & Prtzn
    5. Top Gun (1986) - SunOverHStreet
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 11-19-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

SunOverHStreet

2. Road to perdition - maybe?
    5.Top gun - also maybe
    And first one looks like some Gibli work...

Both correct, SunoverHStreet, congrats.

As far as I know, (1) is not a Ghibli work.

The others are lesser known movies, and the pics are not revealing much. You'd know only if you'd seen them. Let me add a few screenshots later.

For #1 I'm going to go with Steamboy
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Both correct, SunoverHStreet, congrats.
    And my reward is?
    As far as I know, (1) is not a Ghibli work.
    It looked that way, at least it looked Japanese. I don't know.
    The others are lesser known movies, and the pics are not revealing much. You'd know only if you'd seen them. Let me add a few screenshots later.
    In fourth it's Keira Knightley, but I'm clueless about the movie title, I can't recall that I watched it.

Are you making those screenshot yourself?
    This is a interesting game, btw.
    Last edited by SunOverHStreet; 11-19-2011 at 07:48 AM.

3. I'm sure I've watched this movie some years back. A road-movie about a guy who gave up his good life and went for a venture to find some girl (if I recall correctly). But that's all what I remember Tried to find some names with "Route", "Highway" but it didn't match.

4. Surely, like SunOverHStreet already mentioned - it's Keira, but kinda hard to recognize the movie. If it's earlier than 2007, then I saw: Hole (I don't think there're such scene), Atonement (good movie, but surely can't be this one), also surely not any of Pirates, then 3 left: Domino, Jacket and Love Actually. The Jacket, well, it's possible, but I don't think there were such cars, I remember some mini-trucks (or how the heck such kind of cars are called). So maybe not this one, but I'm not sure. In other two Keira looked kinda different (I mean hair-cut). In this pick he looks more of Domino, cause if I'm not wrong - in Love Actually she was blond. So basically, I'd guess Domino or some movie, which I didn't see

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    3. I'm sure I've watched this movie some years back. A road-movie about a guy who gave up his good life and went for a venture to find some girl (if I recall correctly). But that's all what I remember Tried to find some names with "Route", "Highway" but it didn't match.
    I've googled what I saw in the picture and found the movie. You are close!

4. Surely, like SunOverHStreet already mentioned - it's Keira, but kinda hard to recognize the movie. If it's earlier than 2007, then I saw: Hole (I don't think there're such scene), Atonement (good movie, but surely can't be this one), also surely not any of Pirates, then 3 left: Domino, Jacket and Love Actually. The Jacket, well, it's possible, but I don't think there were such cars, I remember some mini-trucks (or how the heck such kind of cars are called). So maybe not this one, but I'm not sure. In other two Keira looked kinda different (I mean hair-cut). In this pick he looks more of Domino, cause if I'm not wrong - in Love Actually she was blond. So basically, I'd guess Domino or some movie, which I didn't see
    And interestingly enough, when I was viewing the imdb page for movie #3, movie #4 was in the recommendations. (if I got it correctly)
    "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    For #1 I'm going to go with Steamboy
    and that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
    And my reward is?
    Recognition! As in all IBN games .

In fourth it's Keira Knightley, but I'm clueless about the movie title, I can't recall that I watched it.
    Correct.

Are you making those screenshot yourself?
    This is a interesting game, btw.
    Yes, I did those screenshots myself long time ago (before 2007), and when I saw them in a corner in my hard-drive, I remembered this game. I'm glad you found it interesting. Why don't you prepare one yourself? Can be 10 movies at a time.

You're right, and very very close. I'll accept it. As prtzn said, google the elements in the picture and it's the first thing that comes up.

Another close guess. The picture is not enough to identify this time, I'm adding another one.

Quote Originally Posted by prtzn View Post
    I've googled what I saw in the picture and found the movie. You are close!

And interestingly enough, when I was viewing the imdb page for movie #3, movie #4 was in the recommendations. (if I got it correctly)
    Guys, you're good!

You're right, and very very close. I'll accept it. As prtzn said, google the elements in the picture and it's the first thing that comes up.
    Nah, with google it'd be too easy I guess and little bit of cheating so tried only the IMDB search with "route", "highway".
    However, now google it for myself and yes, it was close

So 4th is Jacket? That 2nd pic would kinda make sense for such guess

Both are right, Mindozas. So they are Interstate 60 and The Jacket. Congrats. (To Prtzn as well, as he knew them both too).

So, this quiz is over. Time for another one?

Great topic! I'm adding some.

Answers:

1. Syriana (2005)
    2. Sunshine (2007)
    3. Heat (1995)
    4. The Insider (1999)
    5. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
    Last edited by robbe; 11-22-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Both are right, Mindozas. So they are Interstate 60 and The Jacket. Congrats. (To Prtzn as well, as he knew them both too).

So, this quiz is over. Time for another one?
    Yeah, sure. Interesting game. Will try to make some pics for myself. Just have quite little movies on my PC currently, but will try to make smth outta it

I think #2 is from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" .

5. it must be from one of the greatest movies ever - Shawshank Redemption. Saw it some 20 times, if not more

No idea about others, though 4th one made me think for a few minutes, but no results

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I think #2 is from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" .
    Not quite. Think in a completely different genre.

5. it must be from one of the greatest movies ever - Shawshank Redemption.
    Yep!

Saw it some 20 times, if not more
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    Not quite. Think in a completely different genre.
    The only one I can think of( in a completely different genre) is the "Memoirs of a Geisha ", although I don't recall the particular scene.

SunOverHStreet

Your screen shots gave me a headache. At least the remaining four...

Is this one Taxi (1998), and the German bank robbers? That's all I can think of.

Edit: 2.Sunshine (Giangdade did it first)
    Recognition! As in all IBN games .
    I knew it!
    Yes, I did those screenshots myself long time ago (before 2007), and when I saw them in a corner in my hard-drive, I remembered this game. I'm glad you found it interesting. Why don't you prepare one yourself? Can be 10 movies at a time.
    Well, I love movies and anything related to it. It's definitely interesting quiz (until Robbe posted) and I'll try to post some screen shots later.
    Last edited by SunOverHStreet; 11-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.

second could be michelle yeoh in "sunshine". i think she was working in a greenhouse of some short aboard a spaceship headed for the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by qiangdade View Post
    second could be michelle yeoh in "sunshine". i think she was working in a greenhouse of some short aboard a spaceship headed for the sun.
    You remember correctly.

Your screen shots gave me a headache. At least the remaining four...
    That's why we do this, no?

Is this one Taxi (1998), and the German bank robbers? That's all I can think of.
    No, but close. Bank robbery is right, and the movie is from the same decade.

Actually that one is doable, I think, while 1 was probably a poor choice for a movie still. Not sure about 4. Should I add more for 1 and 4?

3. could be "Heat" though i am to lazy to research for the scene and the quality of the still isn't that good to recognize weather this is robert de niro or not. but a remember a scene when they exit the bank in a square and all hell breaks lose, could be that scene. the guy on the right should be val kilmer.

4. gives me a "donnie darko" feeling

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast