Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
    LOL...

18 titles out of 23 won in Greece with just 1 serious opponent (Oly)...
    This is only the case for the last couple of years. Before that the Greek competition was a lot stronger. With third ranked teams (Panionios, Aris, Marousi) competing in the EL succesfully and 4th and 5th ranked teams (Marousi, Aris, Makedonikos) making or winning the Uleb cup finals. A decade back AEK was a force in Europe too. Tsartsaris was part of Pao even then.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Lorbek, Smodiš, Fotsis, Andersen, Turkcan, Kleiza, Khryapa, Tanoka Beard... and god knows I've forgoten so many names I'd be able to pull out of my head just a few years ago without Tsartsaris even remotely coming to my mind, basicaly even Kirilenko, Peković, Vujčić/Baston eventhough some played only a season/2 or some were borderline PF's...
      ...it's nice to see a gratitude from a devoted fan... but if he is the best power forward of his era in europe, than I'm sure Derrick Sharp has been the SG of the century if not millenium...
      give me a breeaak

good player, contributed a lot to Pao's results, but don't overpush it like THAT...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        Lorbek, Smodiš, Fotsis, Andersen, Turkcan, Kleiza, Khryapa, Tanoka Beard... and god knows I've forgoten so many names I'd be able to pull out of my head just a few years ago without Tsartsaris even remotely coming to my mind, basicaly even Kirilenko, Peković, Vujčić/Baston eventhough some played only a season/2 or some were borderline PF's...
        ...it's nice to see a gratitude from a devoted fan... but if he is the best power forward of his era in europe, than I'm sure Derrick Sharp has been the SG of the century if not millenium...
        give me a breeaak

good player, contributed a lot to Pao's results, but don't overpush it like THAT...
        none of them you mentioned (besides smodis) had the rings. also have in mind how many years played in europe. Tsartsaris was playing for 11 years.

Andersen, Baston and Beard are not europeans. The thread is about european players.
        Pekovic & Vujčić are centers.

For me the most talented pf so far the last decade who helped their teams having a leader role are:
        Tsartsaris,
        Smodis and then
        Lorbek although he hasn't the titles, he is the best in europe right now (Kleiza is better but he is playing in nba)

the others although that they are/were good players they didn't have the trophies or they played on lower level teams and cannot be included in a list.

That's my opinion. For me you cannot judge a player only by stats. The scoring in a team such as panathinaikos could be easily divided to many players. If you have lakovic, spanoulis, batiste, diamantidis, becirovic, tomacevic, siskauskas, fotsis, alvertis, kutluai in the same team along with Tsartsaris everyone could have an average of 7 points and all together 100.

The role in their teams, the moves, positioning in the court, how easily can play the pick&pop/roll, the defense, assists (it's like personal scoring), the brain and how many turnovers are made, how many years consecutive played etc. are the right criteria.

For example, Moses Malone was a good center, such as Robinson and Duncan. The last two however played over 10 years in San Antonio having the rings as well.

I agree that Greek championship the last years is a party for two. However, until the early 00s AEK, ARIS, PAOK, Panionios, were difficult opponents to win even for the Panathinaikos dream team. Maroussi and Makedonikos were playing in Korac and Saporta Cup finals. AEK had a very good team with good numbers in euroleague some years ago. (euroleague is now a crap competition. I cannot understand why we should have every year 4 italian teams, 4 turkish teams etc. Wild cards should be stopped right now. A more fair system should be made, where teams should have their ranking (club level) for the draws, and the number of participants should be sorted out by countries' accumulated points like UEFA). Right now, even if a team finishes 8th in their national championship, could participate -with a wild card- in Euroleague. Greece deserves a third team in euroleague instead of a turkish one for example. Greek teams have won five out of the seven cups the last years. It's a pity for a nation with such success to have only two teams).

bye
        Last edited by trompas; 06-15-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

You are delusional. It`s the same as if saying that Robert Horry was better player then Karl Malone and Charles Barkley, because they don`t have titles.

Btw, Lorbek is not anywhere near top of PF ladder in Europe at the moment. He is having terrible season, getting benched for Mavrokefalides and Wallace lately.
          My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

if we talk only in euroleague and europians then Khrjapa is the man of last seasons. Before him it was Smodis, Garbajosa and Klieza (when he was in europe). And even mr. unconsistacy Fotsis gets some credit over Tsartsaris...and so on and on

Tsartsaris gets credit for being grat role player for long time. But here we don't talk about comparison Drexler and Jordan, but comparison of Derek Fisher with Jason Kidd. Tsartsaris is Derek Fisher in eurolegue among europians on PF spot. Great role player and important pice of championship team wich all championship teams have. But those guys can't be among best players because basketball is simple sport. There are always leaders and role players and those guys are divaded in those categories. Tsartsaris just like Jimenez can only be named best role players of their era
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information