Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The List"

As per request:

Ava Gardner, Lucy Liu, Thandie Newton, Grace Kelly and Ziyi Zhang.

The other list:

LA Takedown, The Big Blue, Three days of the condor, The Usual Suspects, Layer Cake and Amelie (yes, it had to be six).
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Originally posted by Billy
    As per request:

Ava Gardner, Lucy Liu, Thandie Newton, Grace Kelly and Ziyi Zhang.

The other list:

LA Takedown, The Big Blue, Three days of the condor, The Usual Suspects, Layer Cake and Amelie (yes, it had to be six).
    Wow, that list is just about perfect. Nothing like dreaming big. If I could be Grace Kelly for one day . . .

Okay, for those of you playing at home who are unfamiliar with the concept of The List:

The List is a compendium of those people whom, should the planets revolve into perfect alignment, world peace prevail, six degrees of separation actually mean something, and that butterfly on Macchu Picchu's wings flap at just the right time so that they were put into your path, your spouse or significant other would have to step aside for one night and acknowledge the power of superior forces. Which is a fancy way of saying, if you could, upon whose bones would you jump? The deal with The List is, your S.O. gets a list too. All's fair in love and basketball. The List also assumes that the people on your list might actually be who you think they are (dangerous stuff, but that's fantasizing for you).

So Billy here you go, but I have to admit to you that my List tends to change a bit. This is the current version. Best to keep your List written on a dry-erase board.

Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ilian Evtimov (my husband resigned himself to this one a long, long time ago).

Craig moved to the top of the list after that new Bond movie trailer I saw last week. I am not usually one for big blockbuster movies where cars blow up and there is a high body count, however I do tend to be a sucker for Bond, especially with abs like that.*ahem*

My husband's List, just so you have the counterpoint (good to know this information): Sarah Michelle Gellar (there is no one on the planet less like me. blond, short, straight hair? nope), Catherine Zeta-Jones (that's in the ballpark except I don't speak Welsh) Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman - talk about feeling inferior. Find out your husband's fantasy is an Amazon woman. I can't really live up to that). My husband would watch the worst movie-of-the-week trash if any of these actresses were in it.

The other list: hmm, not sure exactly what you are after here, maybe movies you watch over and over, know all the lines too and still never get tired of? If that's the case:
    The Fisher King, Captives, Rear Window, Vincent and Theo, Miller's Crossing, Where the Heart Is (the biggest chick movie ever but I get suckered in every time it's on TV) and The Princess Bride.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
      So Billy here you go, but I have to admit to you that my List tends to change a bit. This is the current version. Best to keep your List written on a dry-erase board.

Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ilian Evtimov (my husband resigned himself to this one a long, long time ago).

Craig moved to the top of the list after that new Bond movie trailer I saw last week. I am not usually one for big blockbuster movies where cars blow up and there is a high body count, however I do tend to be a sucker for Bond, especially with abs like that.*ahem*
      Have you seen Layer Cake? -should get yer heart pumpin then lass.

Liev Schreiber...but..why???

The other list: hmm, not sure exactly what you are after here, maybe movies you watch over and over, know all the lines too and still never get tired of? If that's the case:
      The Fisher King, Captives, Rear Window, Vincent and Theo, Miller's Crossing, Where the Heart Is (the biggest chick movie ever but I get suckered in every time it's on TV) and The Princess Bride.
      Where the heart is? The Princess Bride??? Man, you are such a girly girl

I can see Millers Crossing once in a while but its nothing like knowing all the lines and so on and so forth. On a side note, I belive it was HBO that was showing Lethal Weapon earlier this week and I am almost ashamed to admit that I knew all the lines to it oh, how times have changed.

I just had to edit and add that I know all the lines to Half Baked and Three Weddings and a Funeral as well, I believe that makes me somewhat more butch...or does it?

Btw, I call Audrey Tatou as my first player of the bench -just in case one of the above had a freak accident and drove of a cliff or imbibed too much alcohol...
      Last edited by Billy; 09-29-2006, 05:07 PM.
      Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Have you seen Layer Cake? -should get yer heart pumpin then lass.
        umm, yeah. . . . let's just take a moment to think about that shall we? . . . okay, back in the pool.

The almost-sex scene was hysterical. But I hated that ending, come on. They should have gone with the driving away and not getting shot bit. Much more effective.

Liev Schreiber...but..why???
        It's just one of those things you can't explain. Actually, I can, but this is a family forum I think.

Where the heart is? The Princess Bride??? Man, you are such a girly girl
        Yeah, sometimes; sorry.

I just had to edit and add that I know all the lines to Half Baked and Three Weddings and a Funeral as well, I believe that makes me somewhat more butch...or does it?
        Now that's talent. You know the whole David Cassidy bit then? You must be great at parties.

Btw, I call Audrey Tatou as my first player of the bench -just in case one of the above had a freak accident and drove of a cliff or imbibed too much alcohol...
        ROFLMAO, I got the funniest picture of Audrey in one of those old-fashioned girls' basketball uniforms, the ones that had skirts, sitting on the bench doing this:
        Michelle Tackabery
        Tackabery Chronicle
        Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Lucy Liu...Ziyi Zhang.
          Don't know who the others are, but LMAO! at the two, especially the latter.
          aim low, score high

Comment

umm, yeah. . . . let's just take a moment to think about that shall we? . . . okay, back in the pool.

The almost-sex scene was hysterical. But I hated that ending, come on. They should have gone with the driving away and not getting shot bit. Much more effective.
            Too Hollywood.
            I think that very ending is what brings the whole film to its logical conclusion -what he sells throughout the film is death and the ending seems suitable in that regard.
            And yes, I believe I speak for all men -dead AND alive- when I say we were hysterical when the saucy little bird popped out of the loo just to find her little shag out on a tour of Londons construction yards.

Now that's talent. You know the whole David Cassidy bit then? You must be great at parties.
            Id never!
            Girly girl.

ROFLMAO, I got the funniest picture of Audrey in one of those old-fashioned girls' basketball uniforms, the ones that had skirts, sitting on the bench doing this:
            You need to post that one -bad!

Originally posted by sinobball
            Don't know who the others are, but LMAO! at the two, especially the latter.
            If we start with Lucy Liu: Hubba hubba! -If you dont get that reference there is really no use explaining it.

Ziyi Zhang: -Whats not to like? A fit little bird who could open up a can of whoop ass on you!?! (Would serve you righly after dissing my choice like that )

Where is sinobballs list?

Comment

If we start with Lucy Liu: Hubba hubba! -If you dont get that reference there is really no use explaining it.

Ziyi Zhang: -Whats not to like? A fit little bird who could open up a can of whoop ass on you!?! (Would serve you righly after dissing my choice like that )

Where is sinobballs list?
              Believe me, all girls wish they had just a little bit of Ziyi around when the going gets tough.

So sinobball, let's have it. Billy is starting to analyze silly movies, let's not let him go there.
              Michelle Tackabery
              Tackabery Chronicle
              Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information