2006/07 Baltic basketball league (BBL) Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006/07 Baltic basketball league (BBL) Official Thread

Baltic league starts today with games in Klaipeda where the local Neptunas will play with Kalev/Cramo from Tallin and in Vilniaus where local Sakalai will try to beat Siauliai.So we will have two group A games today.

These are BBL groups

Group A
    1. Barons
    2. Kalev/Cramo
    3. Lacplesa Alus
    4. Neptunas
    5. Sakalai
    6. Siauliai
    7. Zalgiris

Group B
    1. ASK Riga
    2. Atletas
    3. Lietuvos Rytas
    4. Nevezis
    5. Panevezys
    6. Rock
    7. Ventspils

3 strongest teams from each group will form BBL I division, others will make BBL II division. 2 best teams from the I division then earn the spot in final four which will take place in Riga. 2 best teams from II division will play play-off games against two worst teams from I division and if they win they will play against 3rd and 4th team of the I division to earn the place in final four.

Could some gentle guy write the official page of the league with the game boxscores?I knew it but have forgot it...Surely an interesting league and no doubt stronger than last year's!

Comment

I think that thread must be here -> http://forums.interbasket.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Comment

Usually the page is www.bbl.net, but for the time being it does not work. Don't ask me why

Comment

Originally posted by Civilis
          Usually the page is www.bbl.net, but for the time being it does not work. Don't ask me why
          cause it's new- http://bbl.net/ without www

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet
            Could some gentle guy write the official page of the league with the game boxscores?I knew it but have forgot it...Surely an interesting league and no doubt stronger than last year's!
            I think it will be stronger for sure. I mean there's no doubt that Zalgiris and LR are very strong teams and this year Siauliai is also strong as they were last year and building new arena. Ventspils this year looks more interesting team because they are well prepared that wasn't the case last year when they totally ruined the team's selection before the season. Barons and ASK both increased their budgets and will play in modern Arena Riga where the final four will take place. Both estonian clubs have increased their budgets too and managed to get big crowd in Arena in their recent meeting before the season.
            Valmiera/ LāčplēÅ¡a Alus team will play in new Arena too and fans say that the team is the strongest Valmiera ever had (though without Vairogs it'll be difficult for them this year). And also other lithuanian clubs are stronger this year too (there's doubt about Atletas. Their Arena and organisation wasn't really ready for BBL some time ago). But I think that this year league will be much more interesting because the weaker teams are out and I DIVISION games later in the season seems to be very good and tougher even for Zalgiris.

Comment

Originally posted by rusher
              cause it's new- http://bbl.net/ without www
              ok, some Estonian tricks, I see!

From what I know, in BBL we have some country-specific competences. The Estonians are responsible for the IT issues, Latvians - for financial arrangements and Lithuanians - for the organization. Getting the best from each country

Comment

ok, some Estonian tricks, I see!

From what I know, in BBL we have some country-specific competences. The Estonians are responsible for the IT issues, Latvians - for financial arrangements and Lithuanians - for the organization. Getting the best from each country
                I think the online from games will be made by lithuanians. It looks similar to the one in LKL page and by clicking it that opens lithuanian web page ''Media Benz Telekomunikacijos'' or sth like that.

Comment

Originally posted by rusher
                  I think the online from games will be made by lithuanians. It looks similar to the one in LKL page and by clicking it that opens lithuanian web page ''Media Benz Telekomunikacijos'' or sth like that.
                  I know that Lithuanian company is now in the process of making the new format for Fibaeurope.com. Not sure about BBL, but maybe you are right. When I read the recent bbl.net description of Zalgiris in English I realized it was a word-by-word translation from a Lithuanian text

Comment

Haven't they already learnt that it is not recommended to leave Lithuanians responsible for website design? http://www.mtv.lt/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by YYY
                      Haven't they already learnt that it is not recommended to leave Lithuanians responsible for website design? http://www.mtv.lt/index.php
                      well well... maybe it was not purely Lithuanian production... something of an MTV franchise...

Comment

First two games:
                        in my opinion very predictable results

Neptunas - Kalev 98:97
                        Sakalai - Siauliai 73:87

Tomorrow we'll have Valmiera vs Barons in new Valmiera Olimpic centre, Zalgiris vs Kalev, Panevezys - Ventspils, ASK Riga in arena Riga vs Atletas and TU Rock against Nevezis.

Comment

well well... maybe it was not purely Lithuanian production... something of an MTV franchise...
                          2006 © MTV Networks Baltic. Visos teisės saugomos. E-solution: Gaumina
                          It's the same company, which made websites for FIBA U-16, U-18 and U-20 European championships.

Comment

The fact is that online statistics and webpage worked very bad for the first day.
                            I hope they'll improve their quality.
                            Today is the first television game- latvian LNT television will broadcast Valmiera/LA game against Barons/LMT from Valmiera Olimpic Centre at 16.00.

Comment

Also Zalgiris - Kalev will be TV game (ETV will show it).

Kalev coaches are blaming refs for yesterdays loss (including phantom foul in last seconds). Kuusmaa even says that the league doesn't have a point if refs will decide the games like they do in lithuania.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information