Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Serbian League

  1. #21
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Red Star beat Partizan after two and a half years (15 matches), so score in the final series is now 1-1, next match on tuesday.

    Crvena zvezda - Partizan 68:56 (21:15, 21:13, 14:20, 12:8)

    Last 2 minutes of the match:
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  2. #22

    Default

    Terrible game for Crvena Zvezda Diva in first three quarters, Bit better in the last one, but not enough for win. SO, it is 2:1 for Partizan mt:s in Serbian Super league finals.

    I am sure that all we Basketball fans from Serbia looking forward for Game 4 at Friday, June 15. Even I am fan of Partizan mt:s, I wish if we can watch all five games in finals.
    World of Basketball: http://www.worldofbasketball.org
    Hoops Universe: http://hoopsuniverse.net

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    And Partizan champion again for the 11th consecutive season...
    3-1 against Zvezda and 82-86 in game four.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  4. #24
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    And Partizan champion again for the 11th consecutive season...
    3-1 against Zvezda and 82-86 in game four.
    usual

    Anyway, this was after several years real derby, with almost equal teams. If Red Star keep improving like this with Pesic there is big chance that they will be much more successful next season, and also club is now financially stable and for example have much better conditions (3 own halls, after FMP entered Red Star system) than Partizan.
    Last edited by Carick235; 06-20-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  5. #25
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Game to continue tomorrow?

    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  6. #26
    Senior Member AmonRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Second part


    Game to continue tomorrow?
    Yes, 19h...

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Red star obviosly wanted the game continue tomorrow...Vujosevic and Partizan reacted angrily to that decision.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Deserved victory for Red Star in the final, raped Partizan in the last quarter.

    Red star obviosly wanted the game continue tomorrow...Vujosevic and Partizan reacted angrily to that decision.
    Nobody from Red Star officials wanted to stop the match, that's what Vujoševic had put in your head, after every defeat he blames everyone else for Partizan horrible games this season. Vujošević even now can't say congratulations you were better, but again talking about his paranoid bullshit.

    And those "fans" are different story, this is nothing new on Red Star-Partizan matches, and it has nothing to do with club representatives, but with whole situation in society and state and police should do something about it.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,268
    Country: Italy

    Default

    hi guys
    being a mta but loving ex yu contries players, who is for u actually best young serbian ready for an el team?

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    84
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    hi guys
    being a mta but loving ex yu contries players, who is for u actually best young serbian ready for an el team?
    Well what do you consider young ? From Partizan their 2 best players Lucic (23) and Milosavljevic (turned 24 last week) are good for EL but otheres such as Bogdanovic , Milutinov , Musli still need to work .
    Red Star doesn't have any young serbian who plays a bigger role in the team and Radnicki doesn't have any player who is good enough for EL except maybe Capin .

    Micic (19) from Mega Vizura could become a great player and had some great games against Partizan ( scored 20+ against them couple of times ) , Red Star and othere teams in Serbian league but he still isn't ready to play on a EL team ( maybe if he comes to Partizan or Red Star next season he could get some minutes but he will probably stay in Mega since they will play in ABA league next season ).

    Macvan and Bjelica are still young and will improve but I guess you are interested in not so well know players .

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,268
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball fan View Post
    Well what do you consider young ? From Partizan their 2 best players Lucic (23) and Milosavljevic (turned 24 last week) are good for EL but otheres such as Bogdanovic , Milutinov , Musli still need to work .
    Red Star doesn't have any young serbian who plays a bigger role in the team and Radnicki doesn't have any player who is good enough for EL except maybe Capin .


    Micic (19) from Mega Vizura could become a great player and had some great games against Partizan ( scored 20+ against them couple of times ) , Red Star and othere teams in Serbian league but he still isn't ready to play on a EL team ( maybe if he comes to Partizan or Red Star next season he could get some minutes but he will probably stay in Mega since they will play in ABA league next season ).

    Macvan and Bjelica are still young and will improve but I guess you are interested in not so well know players .
    oh well, i do love macvan and bjelica in mta, but u got my question.i meant players who are around 20 and who are considered future good players.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,029
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    PG's Vasilije Micic (Mega Vizura), Nenad Miljenovic (Radnicki), Aleksandar Cvetkovic (Crvena Zvezda)...
    SG- Bogdan Bogdanovic (Partizan)...C-Nikola Milutinov (Partizan)

    Micic will most likely play for Zvezda in EL next season... Miljenovic is sooo talented and smart but i think his physique are the problem... if his body develops and add some strength he might be very very good... not sure what to think about Cvetkovic, i thought he will shine much before, but...we're still waiting...
    Bogdan could be a real diamond...Danilovic type of player...huge wingspan, NBA physique, talent, balls...but he needs to improve shooting skills...
    imho Milutinov has the best potential out of Partizan's centers...i think he had mononucleosys and a long break so he lost a lot of weight...but he is only 18 and he should develope into a great center

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,268
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrfon View Post
    PG's Vasilije Micic (Mega Vizura), Nenad Miljenovic (Radnicki), Aleksandar Cvetkovic (Crvena Zvezda)...
    SG- Bogdan Bogdanovic (Partizan)...C-Nikola Milutinov (Partizan)

    Micic will most likely play for Zvezda in EL next season... Miljenovic is sooo talented and smart but i think his physique are the problem... if his body develops and add some strength he might be very very good... not sure what to think about Cvetkovic, i thought he will shine much before, but...we're still waiting...
    Bogdan could be a real diamond...Danilovic type of player...huge wingspan, NBA physique, talent, balls...but he needs to improve shooting skills...
    imho Milutinov has the best potential out of Partizan's centers...i think he had mononucleosys and a long break so he lost a lot of weight...but he is only 18 and he should develope into a great center
    being an absolutely fan of ex yu bball because of yout talent and phisical power, i hope mta has those names in their notebook. onbly think for an european team that has no good budget, is searching talents in your country hoping they will develop as great players. is really incredible how many bball players your land produce

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,029
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    I'm glad that you think that way

    Anyway, i don't think they should go to MTA any time soon...they should build their careers slower...MTA is a machine that needs results and if players go there to early it might not be good for neither them or the club
    we saw that Macvan didn't play much...now Planinic...i know it's an honour to play for such a big name and also paycheck is more than good but i think it's smarter playing EL in smaller teams and develop slowly...

    Btw i noticed that MTA mostly brings Americans and very rarely ex Yu players and other Europeans... you guys had by far the least Yugo guys comparing to other powerhouses like Pao, Oly, Barsa, Real, Cska etc

  15. #35
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    As for Serbian league, we reached the playoffs for this season.

    The semifinals are best-of-3 series.

    Partizan - Vojvodina (first match today)
    Red Star - Mega Vizura (first match tomorrow)
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    581
    Country: South Korea

    Default

    Israel league European players pay higher tax than American player. It seemed less attractive to European player.

    http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/03/one-on-one/21289

    <Οne Euroleague, different taxes>

    Israel: American Paradise

    There’s a tax agreement between US and Israel that say American entertainers don’t need to pay tax when they perform in Israel as long as they make up to $400/day. Basketball players are considered as “entertainers” so the ones who make up to 108,000 USD (9 months season) aren’t taxed at all. The ones who make more than that are taxed 25%. European players pay higher tax, around 35%. That’s why in teams outside Maccabi Tel Aviv there’s maybe only one European player in the league. It’s 98-100% American players there. Local ones pay 45% even though there are some additional taxes (health insurance for example) where locals pay much more than foreigners.

  17. #37
    Senior Member AmonRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Little moves from 1st 1/2 between Zvezda and Mega...


  18. #38
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    In the first match of the final series Partizan beat Red Star 82:54 (23:16, 20:12, 17:20, 22:6), result says it all.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,029
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Here is the whole game... What impresses me lot more than the result was the attitude and the aproach to the game by Partizan's youngsters from the first minute till the end...+26 in the last minute and they play defence like their life depends on it... Recommend everyone to watch at least first 5-6 mins of the game and last few... I felt really proud and especially watching two Frenchmen and a Letonian fighting with more balls and desire than whole bunch of Zvezda players...
    Anyway, i expect much better games from Zvezda as they are sure much better than they showed yesterday...and looking forward to friday night

    P.S. I'm quite sure Lucic and Milosavljevic cemented their places in NT, not cause of points scored but mostly cause of the attitude and spirit...with healthy Novica, Bjelica and other guys we should have one nasty team in Slovenia

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BNKWr2bcLis

  20. #40
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrfon View Post
    P.S. I'm quite sure Lucic and Milosavljevic cemented their places in NT, not cause of points scored but mostly cause of the attitude and spirit...with healthy Novica, Bjelica and other guys we should have one nasty team in Slovenia
    Milosavljevic is not on the wider list for EC.

    http://www.sportal.rs/news.php?news=102652
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •