Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 240

Thread: Russia NT

  1. #21
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2
    1. Russians would rather see a naturalised Senegalese or Japanese play for their NT than a naturalised Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani.
    Indeed (sadly) true.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  2. #22
    Senior Member uRAgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    231
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    You talk like a guy from USA government- "The possibilities are endless!", but only in Russia and USA, i guess
    Imho, with Savrasenko or without him Russia won't be able to compete with teams like USA, Argentina, Lithuania, Spain. I see Russia only in 5-8 places. Russia won Eurobasket and that's cool, cause winners are winners. But the time flows and if we would look critically, Lithuania was an obvious victim of Eurobasket competition system (6 wins in a row and no days off before quarterfinal and semifanal- what a present!, while Russia and Croatia was resting) and Spain in the final suffered from the pressure created by themselfs. More over, Russia won't be underdogs in olympics, they have big goals and the team will have a pressure this time. And we'll see what kind of genius is D. Blatt in olympics.
    bla , bla , bla , bla, bla.
    Again Lithuanian arrogance.
    Few you received on the noses in the semi -finale.
    I remember perfectly that said Songaila to 1 / 4.


    Russia in the course of the tournament beat current champions of Europe and the world.
    Champions of the world in the finals on the home of Spain. And the "great" national team in Lithuania.


    This is "accidentally" in professional sports?

    You "great" basketball analyst.

  3. #23
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uRAgan
    bla , bla , bla , bla, bla.
    Again Lithuanian arrogance.
    Few you received on the noses in the semi -finale.
    I remember perfectly that said Songaila to 1 / 4.


    Russia in the course of the tournament beat current champions of Europe and the world.
    Champions of the world in the finals on the home of Spain. And the "great" national team in Lithuania.


    This is "accidentally" in professional sports?

    You "great" basketball analyst.
    Your coach himself was admitting after the semifinal victory, that the key to a win was that Lithuanians were still tired after the quaterfinal game. You can read it once more here. Nobody denies, that you had a good team in last Eurobasket. We are just admitting, that we can do better, and you can be sure, that we will do so in the Olympics.

    After the WC'06 I was waiting for the game against the turks the most. Now I can't wait till we can get our sweet revenge against the Russians.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uRAgan
    bla , bla , bla , bla, bla.
    Again Lithuanian arrogance.
    Few you received on the noses in the semi -finale.
    I remember perfectly that said Songaila to 1 / 4.


    Russia in the course of the tournament beat current champions of Europe and the world.
    Champions of the world in the finals on the home of Spain. And the "great" national team in Lithuania.


    This is "accidentally" in professional sports?

    You "great" basketball analyst.
    Man, don't get me wrong, but you're the one who is way arrogant if you don't addmit that Russia was underdog in any game with Lithuania simply since independency of our country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Because it was decisive? One additional day of rest combined with a perfect game of Russians against more worn-down Lithuanians guaranteed that victory. There is a reason for the Lithuanians to complain about the schedule but Russia has become a worth champion and nobody can take it away from them. Nobody has given away the gold medal to them. It was all about hard work.

  6. #26
    Senior Member uRAgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    231
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default News

    USA negotiates with the manager of Team Russia Tarakanov to hold friendly matches and joint training to O G.

  7. #27
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,668
    Country: Greece

    Default

    its interesting...this is the "2008 Russia NT" thread and all i can see is 1 russian (URAGAN) writing while the rest posters are from around the Europe!!!
    strange world
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

  8. #28
    Senior Member uRAgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    231
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy green
    its interesting...this is the "2008 Russia NT" thread and all i can see is 1 russian (URAGAN) writing while the rest posters are from around the Europe!!!
    strange world
    All Russian fans here.
    http://basketball.ru/
    here are Lithuanians, Israelis, Ukrainians.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Buducnost PG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mal hier mal da, tralala
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2
    I hope Russia pulls some strings in FIBA so they can fit Makarov to the NT. He could be a significant help.
    Who is that?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Buducnost PG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mal hier mal da, tralala
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2


    Didn't you watch the Final tonight? Khimki player...
    Sure i am watching very often russian league games. I didn´t know that McCarty has russian passport.

    But he has no right to play. Or he plays and Holden not. No way that FIBA would allow that to Russia. Then they have to allow this to all teams. And all in all i am against that that players like Holden play for Russia or Masseys for FYROM and so on.

  11. #31
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/a...ens_basketball
    Russia invites Kaun for tryout
    By Gary Bedore (Contact)

    Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008

    Kansas University center Sasha Kaun has been invited to try out for Russia’s national basketball team.

    Kaun, a 6-foot-11, 250-pound senior from Tomsk, will travel to Moscow for tryouts in early July in hopes of representing his country at the 2008 Summer Games in China.

    “This is a great opportunity for me to continue to play basketball and move toward a professional career, whether that be the U.S. or overseas,” Kaun said Tuesday.

    NBA player Andrei Kirilenko (Utah) and Viktor Khryapa, who was cut by the Chicago Bulls this season, led the Russian nationals last summer.

    Kaun — he averaged 7.1 points and 3.9 boards a game — said he was flooded with phone calls and text messages from friends in Russia the past several days, congratulating him on KU’s national title.
    aim low, score high

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    RUSSIA in OLIMPIADA:

    JR.Holden (CSKA)
    A.Pankrashov(Chimki)
    P.Samoilenko(Dynamo)
    Z.Pashutin(CSKA)
    V.Fridzon(Chimki)
    S.Monya(Dynamo)
    V.Khryapa(CSKA)
    V.Keyru(UNIKS)
    A.Kirilenko(NBA)
    N.Morgunov(Chimki)
    S.Kaun(NCAA)
    A.Savrasenko(CSKA)

  13. #33
    Senior Member re5pectas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,170
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaslover
    RUSSIA in OLIMPIADA:

    JR.Holden (CSKA)
    A.Pankrashov(Chimki)
    P.Samoilenko(Dynamo)
    Z.Pashutin(CSKA)
    V.Fridzon(Chimki)
    S.Monya(Dynamo)
    V.Khryapa(CSKA)
    V.Keyru(UNIKS)
    A.Kirilenko(NBA)
    N.Morgunov(Chimki)
    S.Kaun(NCAA)
    A.Savrasenko(CSKA)
    It's your wish?

    As I remember David Blatt announced 25 candidates, article.
    I copied the list from Lithuanian site, because of russian letters (just ignore the endings of names ) :

    Forwards: Andrejus Kirilenka (Jutos „Jazz“, NBA), Dmitrijus Flisas (Badalonos „DKV Joventut“), Andrejus Voroncevičius ir Viktoras Chriapa (abu - Maskvos CSKA), Kelly McCarty ir Nikita Šabalkinas (abu - Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Fiodoras Dimitrijevas (Liubercų „Triumph“), Jurijus Vasiljevas, Sergejus Monia ir Travisas Hansenas (visi - Maskvos „Dinamo“).

    Centers: Aleksandras Kaunas (Kanzaso „Jayhawks“, NCAA), Aleksejus Savrasenka (Maskvos CSKA), Nikita Morgunovas (Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Dmitrijus Sokolovas (Kazanės „Unics“).

    Guards: Zacharas Pašutinas, Johnas Robertas Holdenas ir Aleksejus Švedas (visi - Maskvos CSKA), Antonas Ponkrašovas, Vitalijus Fridzonas ir Jegoras Vialcevas (visi - Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Viktoras Keiru ir Nikolajus Padiušas (abu - Kazanės „Unics“), („Chimki“), Sergejus Bykovas, Piotras Samoilenka ir Dmitrijus Chvostovas (visi - Maskvos „Dinamo“).
    signature
    --
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Predicion game!
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game!
    MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game! Most correct W-L predictions: re5pectas (59)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Predicion game! Most correct predictions a.k.a. Eights: re5pectas (7)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Predicion game! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: Russian Federation

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by re5pectas
    It's your wish?

    As I remember David Blatt announced 25 candidates, article.
    I copied the list from Lithuanian site, because of russian letters (just ignore the endings of names ) :

    Forwards: Andrejus Kirilenka (Jutos „Jazz“, NBA), Dmitrijus Flisas (Badalonos „DKV Joventut“), Andrejus Voroncevičius ir Viktoras Chriapa (abu - Maskvos CSKA), Kelly McCarty ir Nikita Šabalkinas (abu - Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Fiodoras Dimitrijevas (Liubercų „Triumph“), Jurijus Vasiljevas, Sergejus Monia ir Travisas Hansenas (visi - Maskvos „Dinamo“).

    Centers: Aleksandras Kaunas (Kanzaso „Jayhawks“, NCAA), Aleksejus Savrasenka (Maskvos CSKA), Nikita Morgunovas (Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Dmitrijus Sokolovas (Kazanės „Unics“).

    Guards: Zacharas Pašutinas, Johnas Robertas Holdenas ir Aleksejus Švedas (visi - Maskvos CSKA), Antonas Ponkrašovas, Vitalijus Fridzonas ir Jegoras Vialcevas (visi - Maskvos srities „Chimki“), Viktoras Keiru ir Nikolajus Padiušas (abu - Kazanės „Unics“), („Chimki“), Sergejus Bykovas, Piotras Samoilenka ir Dmitrijus Chvostovas (visi - Maskvos „Dinamo“).
    Yes,it,s my wish. I hope Blatts wish the same!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Russia preliminay squad for Beijing,21 players

    форварды – Андрей Кириленко («Юта Джаз», НБА), Виктор Хряпа , Андрей Воронцевич (оба - ЦСКА), Никита Моргунов, Никита Шабалкин (оба - «Химки»), Сергей Моня («Динамо» М), Федор Дмитриев («Триумф»);
    центровые – Алексей Саврасенко (ЦСКА), Александр Каун (университет «Канзас», NCAA), Дмитрий Соколов (УНИКС);
    защитники – Джон Роберт Холден, Захар Пашутин, Алексей Швед (все - ЦСКА), Сергей Быков, Петр Самойленко, Трэвис Хансен, Дмитрий Хвостов (все - «Динамо» М), Антон Понкрашов, Виталий Фридзон (оба - «Химки») Виктор Кейру (УНИКС) и Алексей Зозулин («Урал-Грейт»).

  16. #36
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleber
    Russia preliminay squad for Beijing,21 players

    форварды – Андрей Кириленко («Юта Джаз», НБА), Виктор Хряпа , Андрей Воронцевич (оба - ЦСКА), Никита Моргунов, Никита Шабалкин (оба - «Химки»), Сергей Моня («Динамо» М), Федор Дмитриев («Триумф»);
    центровые – Алексей Саврасенко (ЦСКА), Александр Каун (университет «Канзас», NCAA), Дмитрий Соколов (УНИКС);
    защитники – Джон Роберт Холден, Захар Пашутин, Алексей Швед (все - ЦСКА), Сергей Быков, Петр Самойленко, Трэвис Хансен, Дмитрий Хвостов (все - «Динамо» М), Антон Понкрашов, Виталий Фридзон (оба - «Химки») Виктор Кейру (УНИКС) и Алексей Зозулин («Урал-Грейт»).
    How about providing those with latin alphabet?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  17. #37
    Senior Member Turkish Airlines Euroleague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Patras, Greece
    Posts
    2,173
    Country: Greece

    Default

    The first one should be Andrei Kirilenko and the second one Viktor Khryapa...

    The forth one must be Nikita Morgunov...

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I would love to see Kaun in russian jersey. He was really impressive in March.

    Damn, I hope Russians dont become european football champions and olympic champions this year it will be same as greece in 2004, and then european basketball champs at 2005. And eurovision also, Russians this year, and Greeks in either 2004 or 2005 Conspiracy?

  19. #39
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    Sasha Kaun is a great player who could easily be in the NBA. I guess he wants that 3 year contract with CSKA though. I guess he was born in Russia, but when did he move to the US?

  20. #40
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,661
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvblair
    Sasha Kaun is a great player who could easily be in the NBA. I guess he wants that 3 year contract with CSKA though. I guess he was born in Russia, but when did he move to the US?
    When he was ~16yo

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •