No announcement yet.

Russia NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imo Morgunov as a C or as a PF, is a really good complement, but as that definition says, he needs somebody really good at his side, so that player would have the deffense attention in many plays and Morgunov could act as the "surprise man".
    I saw him playing like that in the EC and in some moments with Khimky.

As it was said Before right now some possible optionse could be Bashminov, Likholitov maybe Trushkin....
    Last edited by Neozyrus; 01-17-2008, 06:08 PM.
    I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Neozyrus
      Bashminov
      Nice recall, I think he could be a pretty good option. He was with the NT already some years ago, he's experienced and I really have a positive opinion about him. Actually, he should have been called much more times.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
        Savrasenko will be operated in Germany next Wednesday and is expected to sit out for 5-6 months.

According to him, he might miss the Olympics...
        That be a shame; back at the 2007 Euro Semi-finals, right at the start Savrasenko tore up Javkotas, scored the 1st 8 points of the game and helped Russia into an incredible upset of Lithuania.
        If Russia is in need of a strong or muscular center, why can't they naturalize someone from the former Soviet republic? I mean after all JR HOLDEN does'nt look Russian and he's playing for them.
        I heard something that NBA journeyman, Jake Tsakalidis, was born in Russia(allthough got Greek nationality), or even L Papdopoulos was born there(just in case the Greek NT decides to dump him for the swifter Kostas!) Or if the Lithuanians think that Illkaukas is a traitor and don't want him, then heck!, let him play for the Russian NT!.

The possibilities are endless!
        thats if you believe that JR HOLDEN is actually a Russian!

Comment

Originally posted by hotjam_2
          If Russia is in need of a strong or muscular center, why can't they naturalize someone from the former Soviet republic? I mean after all JR HOLDEN does'nt look Russian and he's playing for them.
          Well, an ethnic Georgian, Armenian, Turkmen, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Uzbek or Azerbaijani doesn't look Russian as well. Or even someone from Siberia, although Russian. Better not go that way

I heard something that NBA journeyman, Jake Tsakalidis, was born in Russia
          He was born in Georgia (and can possibly be a Pontic Greek).

Or if the Lithuanians think that Illkaukas is a traitor and don't want him, then heck!, let him play for the Russian NT!
          I don't think that's plausible
          Artificial Nature

Comment

That be a shame; back at the 2007 Euro Semi-finals, right at the start Savrasenko tore up Javkotas, scored the 1st 8 points of the game and helped Russia into an incredible upset of Lithuania.
            I heard something that NBA journeyman, Jake Tsakalidis, was born in Russia(allthough got Greek nationality), or even L Papdopoulos was born there(just in case the Greek NT decides to dump him for the swifter Kostas!) Or if the Lithuanians think that Illkaukas is a traitor and don't want him, then heck!, let him play for the Russian NT!.

The possibilities are endless!
            thats if you believe that JR HOLDEN is actually a Russian!
            You talk like a guy from USA government- "The possibilities are endless!", but only in Russia and USA, i guess
            Imho, with Savrasenko or without him Russia won't be able to compete with teams like USA, Argentina, Lithuania, Spain. I see Russia only in 5-8 places. Russia won Eurobasket and that's cool, cause winners are winners. But the time flows and if we would look critically, Lithuania was an obvious victim of Eurobasket competition system (6 wins in a row and no days off before quarterfinal and semifanal- what a present!, while Russia and Croatia was resting) and Spain in the final suffered from the pressure created by themselfs. More over, Russia won't be underdogs in olympics, they have big goals and the team will have a pressure this time. And we'll see what kind of genius is D. Blatt in olympics.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

1. Russians would rather see a naturalised Senegalese or Japanese play for their NT than a naturalised Armenian, Georgian or Azerbaijani.
              Indeed (sadly) true.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                You talk like a guy from USA government- "The possibilities are endless!", but only in Russia and USA, i guess
                Imho, with Savrasenko or without him Russia won't be able to compete with teams like USA, Argentina, Lithuania, Spain. I see Russia only in 5-8 places. Russia won Eurobasket and that's cool, cause winners are winners. But the time flows and if we would look critically, Lithuania was an obvious victim of Eurobasket competition system (6 wins in a row and no days off before quarterfinal and semifanal- what a present!, while Russia and Croatia was resting) and Spain in the final suffered from the pressure created by themselfs. More over, Russia won't be underdogs in olympics, they have big goals and the team will have a pressure this time. And we'll see what kind of genius is D. Blatt in olympics.
                bla , bla , bla , bla, bla.
                Again Lithuanian arrogance.
                Few you received on the noses in the semi -finale.
                I remember perfectly that said Songaila to 1 / 4.

Russia in the course of the tournament beat current champions of Europe and the world.
                Champions of the world in the finals on the home of Spain. And the "great" national team in Lithuania.

This is "accidentally" in professional sports?

You "great" basketball analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by uRAgan

Russia in the course of the tournament beat current champions of Europe and the world.
                  Champions of the world in the finals on the home of Spain. And the "great" national team in Lithuania.

Your coach himself was admitting after the semifinal victory, that the key to a win was that Lithuanians were still tired after the quaterfinal game. You can read it once more here. Nobody denies, that you had a good team in last Eurobasket. We are just admitting, that we can do better, and you can be sure, that we will do so in the Olympics.

After the WC'06 I was waiting for the game against the turks the most. Now I can't wait till we can get our sweet revenge against the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by uRAgan

Man, don't get me wrong, but you're the one who is way arrogant if you don't addmit that Russia was underdog in any game with Lithuania simply since independency of our country.
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Because it was decisive? One additional day of rest combined with a perfect game of Russians against more worn-down Lithuanians guaranteed that victory. There is a reason for the Lithuanians to complain about the schedule but Russia has become a worth champion and nobody can take it away from them. Nobody has given away the gold medal to them. It was all about hard work.
                      burnstein

Comment

News

USA negotiates with the manager of Team Russia Tarakanov to hold friendly matches and joint training to O G.

Comment

its interesting...this is the "2008 Russia NT" thread and all i can see is 1 russian (URAGAN) writing while the rest posters are from around the Europe!!!
                          strange world
                          1st in IBN 2018-2019
                          2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                          2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                          1st in IBN 2014-2015
                          2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                          2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                          2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                          3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                          1st in IBN 2008-2009
                          2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                          https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                          @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by crazy green
                            its interesting...this is the "2008 Russia NT" thread and all i can see is 1 russian (URAGAN) writing while the rest posters are from around the Europe!!!
                            strange world
                            All Russian fans here.

here are Lithuanians, Israelis, Ukrainians.

Comment

I hope Russia pulls some strings in FIBA so they can fit Makarov to the NT. He could be a significant help.
                              Who is that?

Comment

Didn't you watch the Final tonight? Khimki player...
                                Sure i am watching very often russian league games. I didn´t know that McCarty has russian passport.

But he has no right to play. Or he plays and Holden not. No way that FIBA would allow that to Russia. Then they have to allow this to all teams. And all in all i am against that that players like Holden play for Russia or Masseys for FYROM and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information