Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hypothetical question: What would the result have been if China and Iran had met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hypothetical question: What would the result have been if China and Iran had met?

I know this is a hypothetical question, but I am just curios about the opinions of the experts and fans here. The question I'm proposing is: Had Iran not been upset by Jordan in quarter-finals, given the overall performance of China and Iran in this tournament, what would have been the outcome of a final match between China and Iran?

Please set aside your personal biases, rivalries, grudges etc, and give an honest answer.
    China
    0%
    Iran
    0%

The poll is expired.

Simple Mathematic Q

J > I & C>J

Result in

C>J>I

0____________0

Comment

I know, but this is not mathematics, it's basketball with a round ball. But even mathematically speaking, Iran has beaten Jordan 4 out of the last 5 times they've played, it's just the law of average caught up with Iran at the worst possible time. That and the fact that the Jordanian players played with their hearts and souls, and had lady luck on their side with seven consecutive threes going in during the last few minutes of the match, while the Iranian players played a relaxed and arrogant game throughout the match.
      Last edited by Sabz; 09-25-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

hmmm of course they can win w/o a problem,unless if they play in china then they wont,not because china is better,but the refs that will change the path of the game in 1 single phantom call to china's favor ,play against them in any other place and u would win

Comment

Every place has its own homecourt whistle , i have heard enough about that and to be honest that was much better for those of u who havent seen Asia championship in Busan in 2002. I guess the most effective way is to hose this tournament in somewhere else like Russia or USA or Eyrope whatever if u wish.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrael0825 View Post
            Every place has its own homecourt whistle , i have heard enough about that and to be honest that was much better for those of u who havent seen Asia championship in Busan in 2002. I guess the most effective way is to hose this tournament in somewhere else like Russia or USA or Eyrope whatever if u wish.
            man things doesnt work that way..it has been done time and time again..
            the chinese team is good dont get me wrong,but its not better than jor,iran.lebanon,philippines,,the only way to secure their ticket to world even is by hosting every single championship,,we have seen the level of the chinese team since the last asian cup,they barely made it throw the semis with the ref's help, and in the final game iranian team gave them a big lesson in BBall,same thing with today's final game

Comment

iran win

Comment

Iran would win by 8-10 points...

Comment

well it's a tough question.

both teams were the most consistent in the tournament and most of the experts/fans were waiting the final clash between the two powerhouses.

I myself was waiting for the final game between China and Iran but as you've said this is basketball with a round ball you need to respect the ball first then your opponent to achieve the best result possible.

Answering your question it would be a close game not more than 5 pts gap to China or Iran (+ or - 5 pts, 10 overall)

Comment

Nobody doubts that Iran, individually, were the best team there, but their arrogant coach was kinda stupid to even think that Jordan is a walk by, eventhough that all iran's games against Jordan were close, remember semi finals 2009? jones cup 2011?

I also noticed they just relied on Haddadi, although they don't have to, when they have best players on all positions, and despite that their systems was just around Haddadi who doesn't impress me basketball wise, unlike Arsalan Samad and Afagh, those guys were limited big time this year... Gob job by matic

Meanwhile, China year by year, will reach a point where they might fail to even make it to semis, but they r lucky to host Fiba Asia everytime, so this is doing it for them instead, especially that Wang zhizhi and Liu Wei will not play forever and i don't see any real talents coming out there to fill the gap.
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

I don't care whether or not China is the strongest team in Asia. The fact is, everytime China can reach the final 16 or 8 of all recent world tournament, with or without Yao. No other Asian team can make it in 21st century.

BTW, the reason why China can frequently host the Asian Championship is because only China can supply a safe (most important) and world-class game place without worry about expenses If any country can realize that quality, be free to compete with us.

Comment

Originally posted by littledk View Post

BTW, the reason why China can frequently host the Asian Championship is because only China can supply a safe (most important) and world-class game place without worry about expenses If any country can realize that quality, be free to compete with us.
                        China has an enormous capacity for hosting events and they have shown that by hosting 2008 Olympic games. But, Keep in mind that there are a lot of other countries in Asia that are safe with world class standards, which could arguably be better hosts than China (Japan, Korea, CT, some Arab countries..). It's extremely hard to argue for hosting this event twice in a row and I personally don't buy any of your arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
                          China has an enormous capacity for hosting events and they have shown that by hosting 2008 Olympic games. But, Keep in mind that there are a lot of other countries in Asia that are safe with world class standards, which could arguably be better hosts than China (Japan, Korea, CT, some Arab countries..). It's extremely hard to argue for hosting this event twice in a row and I personally don't buy any of your arguments.
                          Personally speaking, I prefer China winning a champion outside the border and players will do better without that pressure from local Chinese fans.

The problem right now is that no other countries even compete with us. Japan has no willingness, Korea maybe has, but trust me, you will see even worse refs there. Arab countries, dont you see the reason why lebanon lost the hosting right because of safty consideration?

Comment

Personally speaking, I prefer China winning a champion outside the border and players will do better without that pressure from local Chinese fans.

The problem right now is that no other countries even compete with us. Japan has no willingness, Korea maybe has, but trust me, you will see even worse refs there. Arab countries, dont you see the reason why lebanon lost the hosting right because of safty consideration?
                            that could be the case, maybe Japan and Korea know they will have a hard time winning and they son't show interest in hosting, but I was more specifically talking about countries like Qatar, UAE, Kuwait or Saudi Arabi when I mentioned Arab countries.

Comment

Maybe safe in terms of the country but not in terms of the fans and what they do .

The problem right now is that no other countries even compete with us. Japan has no willingness, Korea maybe has, but trust me, you will see even worse refs there. Arab countries, dont you see the reason why lebanon lost the hosting right because of safety consideration?
                              Regarding Lebanon it wasn't about safety.. It was about our stadiums which need to meet the proper international requirements for such a Championship as well as the availability of appropriate parking slots and traffic (which are quite a big problem in Lebanon).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information