Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hypothetical question: What would the result have been if China and Iran had met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldnews View Post
    how did we enter the second round?

China 81-89 Greece
    China 83-73 Cote d'ivoire
    China 76-84 Puerto Rico
    China 80-89 Russian
    China 40-87 Turkey (Bob play 5 babys because we had already qualified)
    China 67-78 Lithuania

PS Guo Ailun is not even close to the young talents who I mention.
    I think Dany is trying to say that China was lucky to get into the second round of the 2010 World Championships since China, Puerto Rico and Cote D'Ivoire were all tied with 1 win and 4 losses but China had a better goal average and that's why they qualified.

The young talents you are talking about are Wang Zhelin, Li Muhao and Zhou Qi?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabz
      I know this is a hypothetical question, but I am just curios about the opinions of the experts and fans here. The question I'm proposing is: Had Iran not been upset by Jordan in quarter-finals, given the overall performance of China and Iran in this tournament, what would have been the outcome of a final match between China and Iran?

Please set aside your personal biases, rivalries, grudges etc, and give an honest answer.
      I never answered this hypothetical question so this is my take on it.

Had Iran not lost to Jordan and qualified to the finals and met with China I don't believe the outcome would have been much different to the Jordan-China game... It would have been a very close game and either team could have won.

I don't think Iran would have been able to repeat their dominant performance against China 2 years earlier...

Reasons (in my opinion):
      - I think China were better prepared to face Iran this time around even though their results in the previous rounds showed otherwise.
      - China would have been more focused and wanted to get back at Iran for their loss 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
        Nobody doubts that Iran, individually, were the best team there, but their arrogant coach was kinda stupid to even think that Jordan is a walk by, eventhough that all iran's games against Jordan were close, remember semi finals 2009? jones cup 2011?

I also noticed they just relied on Haddadi, although they don't have to, when they have best players on all positions, and despite that their systems was just around Haddadi who doesn't impress me basketball wise, unlike Arsalan Samad and Afagh, those guys were limited big time this year... Gob job by matic

Meanwhile, China year by year, will reach a point where they might fail to even make it to semis, but they r lucky to host Fiba Asia everytime, so this is doing it for them instead, especially that Wang zhizhi and Liu Wei will not play forever and i don't see any real talents coming out there to fill the gap.

there are some talents already. in a China U20(or B-team) now. "u do not see" thats your problem.

Comment

iran lost to jordan by 4, jordan lost to china by 1.
          they are all close. this games would be decided by details. and its hard to predict.

Comment

yi jianlian still has 8 years in him at least. so china will always contend with him.if they ever produce another talent beside, they will keep to dominate 4ever

Comment

i pick China would win. I felt Iran was just not the same team from 2yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty000 View Post
                i pick China would win. I felt Iran was just not the same team from 2yrs ago.
                That's it !!!

For their arragont,Frankly,the big margin made in preliminary group by Iran NT makes some illusion that they are "USA Dream team" in Asia

Actually ,they are way to reach that Position in Asia .Only China who did ever reached that Position in Asia(win their opponent 30+ per game in AC).

Bear in mind ,you should modest and humble ,even you got "Dream team" faculty ,not only in Asia ,but everywhere and every field.

why Iran NT lost?no ,not by the Jordanese,not the Chinese .
                but the arrogant and the big margin in the group game killed them
                Looking back to 2yrs ago,China NT do the same as Iran NT do now,meanwhile the Iran NT is a challenger,put themselves at a position of challenger

Comment

just for fan

or else ,any hypothetical is nonsense.
                  just look through the history in formal game ,the China NT is not so bad when the met European NT who are 5-8 position in Euro Game,the performance is 3w and 3L,and also If the all players available,according to WC 2010,also The China NT played not so bad when they counter Serbia ,Russia and even Lithuvia.

I really have no idea someone here without a basis by saying undoutbtly "a neutral place or other place the Iran NT would win"

Comment

most likely the host will win.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                      Nobody doubts that Iran, individually, were the best team there, but their arrogant coach was kinda stupid to even think that Jordan is a walk by, eventhough that all iran's games against Jordan were close, remember semi finals 2009? jones cup 2011?

I also noticed they just relied on Haddadi, although they don't have to, when they have best players on all positions, and despite that their systems was just around Haddadi who doesn't impress me basketball wise, unlike Arsalan Samad and Afagh, those guys were limited big time this year... Gob job by matic

Meanwhile, China year by year, will reach a point where they might fail to even make it to semis, but they r lucky to host Fiba Asia everytime, so this is doing it for them instead, especially that Wang zhizhi and Liu Wei will not play forever and i don't see any real talents coming out there to fill the gap.
                      Coach Vaselin Matic, arrogant & stupid? talk about arrogance, aren't some lebanese basketball fans arrogant & stupid also? I hope you're not one of them.

Talk about China being lucky as the host, weren't Lebanon also got lucky that Qatar was stripped of it's 5 players, boosting Lebanon's chances of making it 2 d quarterfinals? What if Qatar played w/ a complete line up? What was the chance of Lebanon beating qatar in the 2nd round of the elimination 2 salvage the last quarterfinals slot in it's group? 50-50%? In the 3 friendly games Qatar & Lebanon played prior 2 Wuhan, Lebanon beat Qatar twice, both being close games. Qatar however got back at Lebanon in d 3rd encounter winning by 15 pts. So had Qatar & Lebanon squared off in Wuhan, w/ Qatar playing w/ a full roster, it would have been a toss up. Had Lebanon lost, then d Lebanese would have been relegated to the battle for 9th place.

Imagine the humiliation!

Comment

china would have won it.i think china was more prep to face iran than jordan mentally they being beaten in the past and pride being the host

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information