Thread: 3rd Place Game- Philippines vs South Korea

FB Connect

Default 3rd Place Game- Philippines vs South Korea

Wrong forum FAIL Lol

I'm for the Philippines in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by all_about View Post
    I'm for the Philippines in this one.
    Nice! Me too

The truth is, I think Jordan is a much easier team to beat than SoKor. And since Jordan beat us today, logically our chances of winning against Sokor are a bit slim. But who knows, stranger and much less logical things have happened in this tournament ..... like Gilas actually barging into the semi-finals. Whowouldathunk right?

Gilas for the bronze!!!

I go with team pilipinas. we have a score to settle with them.

its time to bury the ghost of busan 2002

Quote Originally Posted by budz17 View Post
    I go with team pilipinas. we have a score to settle with them.

its time to bury the ghost of busan 2002
    It is our time to give them nightmares and a heartbreaking defeat for them.

Go Team Smart Gilas. I hope they beat the South Korean National Team.

Koreans don't have tall, strong and athletic backcourts, they also don't have the body to contain Douhit, but they do have fast ball movement and sharp shooting 3's. While the Phil. has the tournament score leader as their center,
    Their backcourts can create problem for the Koreans like what Jordanians did to RP. Neither of the team enjoy home court advantage....I would say, tmrw's game is going to be 50:50, whoever is in better condition and luck will win the game. I will not predict nor bet on this one and since there is no clear evidence for me to follow, I'd go with my heart. Go Philippines!!!!!!!!!
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

Whichever team overcomes their nerves better will win...I thought all four semifinalists looked nervous today and it showed in their play. Both teams are capable of playing a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

With South Korea holding its own against mighty China..south korea for the victory
    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
    - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Default C'mon Philippines

Firslty, though the Philippines did not reach their goal of winning the 2011 FIBA Asia Championships to book an automatic place in the 2012 London Olympics, I believe that the management, players and coaching staff should still have their heads held up high to reach this far as they have put Philippines back into the asian basketball map as a powerhouse.

Secondly, the coaching staff and management did a great job in selecting a great pick for their choice for their naturalized player, Marcus Douthit. To have a 6'11 240lbs true big man in the post was a huge difference for the team both offensively and defensively.

In conclusion, if the Philippines does not get the bronze to qualify for the pre-Olympic tournament, I believe that they should still keep coach Toroman for the goal of reaching the 2014 World Championships, which I believe Philippines would qualify. They have the coach, the player, the support and most importantly, the belief that Philippines can once again join the international basketball's elite countries.

MABUHAY PILIPINAS! GO PHILIPPINES!
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

This is a battle of teams who came close but not enough. Also a battle of teams who had their worst shooting from the 3's yesterday.

I can't recall when did the Philippines last beat a South Korean team in a major tournament...

My heart says Philippines but my brain says S. Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia View Post
    Firslty, though the Philippines did not reach their goal of winning the 2011 FIBA Asia Championships to book an automatic place in the 2012 London Olympics, I believe that the management, players and coaching staff should still have their heads held up high to reach this far as they have put Philippines back into the asian basketball map as a powerhouse.

Secondly, the coaching staff and management did a great job in selecting a great pick for their choice for their naturalized player, Marcus Douthit. To have a 6'11 240lbs true big man in the post was a huge difference for the team both offensively and defensively.

In conclusion, if the Philippines does not get the bronze to qualify for the pre-Olympic tournament, I believe that they should still keep coach Toroman for the goal of reaching the 2014 World Championships, which I believe Philippines would qualify. They have the coach, the player, the support and most importantly, the belief that Philippines can once again join the international basketball's elite countries.

MABUHAY PILIPINAS! GO PHILIPPINES!
    plus one on this...

let's give team PILIPINAS one last push!

I'm all for keeping Toroman, however something tells me he would like to move on or at least take a break. Assuming this is the case, who is capable and likely to continue the Gilas program. the current assistants are Chot Reyes, Ryan Gregorio , Charles Tiu, while Norman Black is assigned to the SEA games team. Interesting ? and Olsen Racela coaches the youth team

Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crouchingtiger View Post
    Koreans don't have tall, strong and athletic backcourts, they also don't have the body to contain Douhit, but they do have fast ball movement and sharp shooting 3's. While the Phil. has the tournament score leader as their center,
    Their backcourts can create problem for the Koreans like what Jordanians did to RP. Neither of the team enjoy home court advantage....I would say, tmrw's game is going to be 50:50, whoever is in better condition and luck will win the game. I will not predict nor bet on this one and since there is no clear evidence for me to follow, I'd go with my heart. Go Philippines!!!!!!!!!
    lol definitely id go with my heart, beat the sokors and play in the wildcards!
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

of course, i want my country to win in this game. it will be tough but doable. the team must do the ff:

1. limit Korea's perimeter snipings- emulate on how China locked down on the Koreans shooters especially T.J. Moon. "asawahin" dapat nila yung mga shooters ng Korea.

2. perimeter shots must fall- Gilas must not again have that 3/23 shooting from the 3-point area in this game. Lassiter, Alapag and Lutz must connect their outside shots for Marcus to have an easy job scoring inside.

3. hustle and be aggressive- control those rebounds and box out Korea's big 3in the middle: Ha, Kim and Oh. fight for those every looseballs.

4. good support from Kelly, Ranidel and Asi- holding Marcus will surely be the Korean's main defensive strategy. these 3 PBA players must help Douthit in scoring, rebounding and defending the interior lane.

5. good start and strong finish- this is the last game for this Gilas generation. every player must play like there's no more tomorrow. players must play the "Gilas game" for the whole 40 minutes.

GO GILAS! WE CAN DO THIS! BAG THE BRONZE FOR US AND MAKE THE FILIPINOS EVEN PROUDER!

how do we stop Ha Seung Jin, in the Jones Cup he appeared to be unstoppable from the post and those hustle plays for Oh Se Keun.
    you know why I am happy

Go Philippines! Laban Gilas! One more game, end this program strong! Hope it's not the last game we see these guys play together though.
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Go Gilas we want a podium finish

FB Connect

Olsen Racela is the commentator on AKTV how ironic.
    Crouching Tiger-1 Beastly-0

My Dream Gilas

PG- Nate Robinson 5''8(Grand parent is a Filipino)
    SG- Chris Lutz 6''4
    SF- Arwind Santos 6''6
    PF- Japeth Aguilar 6''10
    C- Javale McGee 7''1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast