"Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by cesnakas View Post
      Teo is definitely not overrated.

Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
        Rubio is nba type of player, fast, who knows some defense and has passing skills. He is not second T.Parker - thats true, but im sure he will do ok.
        The scouts and experts over here have changed their tune about Rubio, now most of them are saying that "his development has stalled" (obvious) and that they don't expect him to be a huge part of the Timberwolves right now.

I agree that his skill set does fit in the NBA better than in Euroleague but every good point guard in the NBA can do one or two of the following:
        1) shoot a good % from 20' to 3 pt line
        2) slice to the basket and be able to finish above or around big men

I can't think of a single good point guard in the last 10 years that wasn't able to do at least one of those things and right now Rubio can't do either. He's going to struggle, no doubt.

Comment

Ricky Rubio should have played in the NBA when he was 19 yrs.old. It seems like he had officially regressed as a basketball player.

He needs to learn how to shoot if he wants to survive playing in the NBA, and staying with his national team. I really don't understand why they compared him to Nash and Maravich those guys were terrific shooters and scorers.
          Last edited by Lebron23; 09-19-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
            No Slovenians?

I'd add Maljković as head coach to this team.
            Orhun Ene is much more appropriate for the coach position
            The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

ricky rubio has not played dissapointing tournament. his number was same as season average

from this point, mystery is how he dominate in youth competitions. he is so "good" that i am not sure whom will i pick for back up pg in hkk siroki brijeg. he or josip naletilic

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                Like Avdic said brick factory Slovenia lacked talent
                Disagree. Although 6th - 8th place is reality when it comes to the talent Slovenia brought, the team in 2009 wasn't that much more talented when Dragič's and Smodiš's injuries are calculated in.

Result is just fine and in the limits I've predicted, yet the game was a disaster.
                I don't care losing to Russia in the last seconds, but after a normal well played game (just as we've lost to Lith's), not after a quarter where you can rightfully ask yourself if throwing the ball from midcourt at every possesion might even result in higher scoring
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                  The scouts and experts over here have changed their tune about Rubio, now most of them are saying that "his development has stalled" (obvious) and that they don't expect him to be a huge part of the Timberwolves right now.

I agree that his skill set does fit in the NBA better than in Euroleague but every good point guard in the NBA can do one or two of the following:
                  1) shoot a good % from 20' to 3 pt line
                  2) slice to the basket and be able to finish above or around big men

I can't think of a single good point guard in the last 10 years that wasn't able to do at least one of those things and right now Rubio can't do either. He's going to struggle, no doubt.
                  Exactly that. Not being able to shoot is a liability, but the real problem with him is his absolute inability to score!
                  Papaloukas was always a liability shooting the ball, but he was always able to score by driving to the basket if it was needed and/or post smaller guards. With Ricky is like playing with only 4 players in offense...

Comment

For me the all disapointing team is croatia
                    BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by yessuz View Post
                      He's got no shooting abilities. He just can't shoot.
                      He's physically - weak.
                      Rajon Rondo has got the same issues...thin as a rail and can't make an open 15 footer...but they both have got incredible vision and handling. Both play good defense although Rondo has better hands. If Rubio had a coach, say like Doc Rivers, he'd turn into a great point guard. But going to Minnesota isn't too bright.
                      My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                      1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                      1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                      1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                      1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                      1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                      1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                      1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                        Exactly that. Not being able to shoot is a liability, but the real problem with him is his absolute inability to score!
                        Papaloukas was always a liability shooting the ball, but he was always able to score by driving to the basket if it was needed and/or post smaller guards. With Ricky is like playing with only 4 players in offense...
                        I dont know if Ricky will ever become strong enough to go to the basket, take a hit and make the shot, so my advice to him would be to spend hours and hours with Navarro. I mean, Ricky's got the king of floaters playing right next to him, that would be the perfect shot for Ricky to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by usausa View Post
                          Rajon Rondo has got the same issues...thin as a rail and can't make an open 15 footer...but they both have got incredible vision and handling. Both play good defense although Rondo has better hands. If Rubio had a coach, say like Doc Rivers, he'd turn into a great point guard. But going to Minnesota isn't too bright.
                          But Rondo is so fast he can get by any defender (Ricky is not fast by NBA PG standards), he has developed a decent floater like Navarro or Parker and he is sneaky strong and clever around the basket (I'd say Ricky is somewhat clever around the basket but not as strong as Rondo). Plus, Rondo plays on one of the few teams where he needs to score very, very little. Most other PGs need to score more for their team to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                            But Rondo is so fast he can get by any defender (Ricky is not fast by NBA PG standards), he has developed a decent floater like Navarro or Parker and he is sneaky strong and clever around the basket (I'd say Ricky is somewhat clever around the basket but not as strong as Rondo). Plus, Rondo plays on one of the few teams where he needs to score very, very little. Most other PGs need to score more for their team to be successful.
                            Minesotta has plenty of scorers - they need the play maker first rather than the scorer so its a good team for Rubio in that sense.

Comment

bogdanović. but maybe mirko novosel is right, maybe his bad form is vranković's fault, he said plan of preparations of croatian nt were awful

Comment

If you have a team full of stars (Spain), I understand that it may be hard for Rubio to step up, especially when he doesn't need to. Just pass some balls to the weapons of mass destruction (Gasol brothers) and Navarro and you'll win games. If he was in some other national team he'd perform better i'm sure of it and he will have a better season than he seemed to play in this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information