Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All-Dissapointing team

ricky rubio has not played dissapointing tournament. his number was same as season average

from this point, mystery is how he dominate in youth competitions. he is so "good" that i am not sure whom will i pick for back up pg in hkk siroki brijeg. he or josip naletilic

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Like Avdic said brick factory Slovenia lacked talent
    Disagree. Although 6th - 8th place is reality when it comes to the talent Slovenia brought, the team in 2009 wasn't that much more talented when Dragič's and Smodiš's injuries are calculated in.

Result is just fine and in the limits I've predicted, yet the game was a disaster.
    I don't care losing to Russia in the last seconds, but after a normal well played game (just as we've lost to Lith's), not after a quarter where you can rightfully ask yourself if throwing the ball from midcourt at every possesion might even result in higher scoring

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
    The scouts and experts over here have changed their tune about Rubio, now most of them are saying that "his development has stalled" (obvious) and that they don't expect him to be a huge part of the Timberwolves right now.

I agree that his skill set does fit in the NBA better than in Euroleague but every good point guard in the NBA can do one or two of the following:
    1) shoot a good % from 20' to 3 pt line
    2) slice to the basket and be able to finish above or around big men

I can't think of a single good point guard in the last 10 years that wasn't able to do at least one of those things and right now Rubio can't do either. He's going to struggle, no doubt.
    Exactly that. Not being able to shoot is a liability, but the real problem with him is his absolute inability to score!
    Papaloukas was always a liability shooting the ball, but he was always able to score by driving to the basket if it was needed and/or post smaller guards. With Ricky is like playing with only 4 players in offense...

For me the all disapointing team is croatia
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Quote Originally Posted by yessuz View Post
    He's got no shooting abilities. He just can't shoot.
    He's physically - weak.
    Rajon Rondo has got the same issues...thin as a rail and can't make an open 15 footer...but they both have got incredible vision and handling. Both play good defense although Rondo has better hands. If Rubio had a coach, say like Doc Rivers, he'd turn into a great point guard. But going to Minnesota isn't too bright.
    My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
    1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
    1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
    1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
    1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
    1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
    1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
    1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Exactly that. Not being able to shoot is a liability, but the real problem with him is his absolute inability to score!
    Papaloukas was always a liability shooting the ball, but he was always able to score by driving to the basket if it was needed and/or post smaller guards. With Ricky is like playing with only 4 players in offense...
    I dont know if Ricky will ever become strong enough to go to the basket, take a hit and make the shot, so my advice to him would be to spend hours and hours with Navarro. I mean, Ricky's got the king of floaters playing right next to him, that would be the perfect shot for Ricky to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by usausa View Post
    Rajon Rondo has got the same issues...thin as a rail and can't make an open 15 footer...but they both have got incredible vision and handling. Both play good defense although Rondo has better hands. If Rubio had a coach, say like Doc Rivers, he'd turn into a great point guard. But going to Minnesota isn't too bright.
    But Rondo is so fast he can get by any defender (Ricky is not fast by NBA PG standards), he has developed a decent floater like Navarro or Parker and he is sneaky strong and clever around the basket (I'd say Ricky is somewhat clever around the basket but not as strong as Rondo). Plus, Rondo plays on one of the few teams where he needs to score very, very little. Most other PGs need to score more for their team to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
    But Rondo is so fast he can get by any defender (Ricky is not fast by NBA PG standards), he has developed a decent floater like Navarro or Parker and he is sneaky strong and clever around the basket (I'd say Ricky is somewhat clever around the basket but not as strong as Rondo). Plus, Rondo plays on one of the few teams where he needs to score very, very little. Most other PGs need to score more for their team to be successful.
    Minesotta has plenty of scorers - they need the play maker first rather than the scorer so its a good team for Rubio in that sense.

bogdanović. but maybe mirko novosel is right, maybe his bad form is vranković's fault, he said plan of preparations of croatian nt were awful

If you have a team full of stars (Spain), I understand that it may be hard for Rubio to step up, especially when he doesn't need to. Just pass some balls to the weapons of mass destruction (Gasol brothers) and Navarro and you'll win games. If he was in some other national team he'd perform better i'm sure of it and he will have a better season than he seemed to play in this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj View Post
    No Slovenians?

I'd add Maljković as head coach to this team.
    For me Goran Dragič was disappointment....I expected A LOT MORE from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Liha View Post
    If you have a team full of stars (Spain), I understand that it may be hard for Rubio to step up, especially when he doesn't need to. Just pass some balls to the weapons of mass destruction (Gasol brothers) and Navarro and you'll win games. If he was in some other national team he'd perform better i'm sure of it and he will have a better season than he seemed to play in this tournament.
    That's true but it doesn't explain why his shooting %s are so low. In theory he shouldn't be scoring a lot but his shooting %s and his assist to turnover ratio should be very good.

Well i guess, but I do know some players that shoot better when their team really needs it. Not sure is he 1 of those.

''teo is the most overrated player in history''
    that is completely bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen View Post

Good one.
    seems like something still hurts
    its funny to see people hails Teodosic last season, making him Drazen number 2.
    its totally normal to have bad or less quality season after one that was unbelievable.
    Even Navarro who is now your hero in basketball, plays sometimes like mediocre player, even for whole season, then he explodes or just play better.
    Teo showed that he has quality and it's clear to see him going on better, he had mid-level season at Olypiakos, and on Eurobasket he had lot of pressure to repeat things from 2009 and 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12