J.C. Navarro MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.C. Navarro MVP

Ok, I agree Navarro MVP, because he scored almost everything in key games.

But Pau Gasol "statistical" MVP, with 20.1 ppg - 8.3 rpg - 1.7 asp, 1.7 bs - great percentages (>50 % in 2P and 3P, 79 % ft)... and the only Spain defeat without him...
    Sorry for my poor english

Bo....but unfortunally it has to be someone from golden team

Gasol trought turnamet

Semifianals----Navarro

Finals Navarro-Gasol. He had some mometum flashes typical for him self, that got voters wrong. + lot from FT (not all deserved), but actually it was Gasol who did it in "duncan" stayle

So Gasol it is
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
      Bo....but unfortunally it has to be someone from golden team

Gasol trought turnamet

Semifianals----Navarro

Finals Navarro-Gasol. He had some mometum flashes typical for him self, that got voters wrong. + lot from FT (not all deserved), but actually it was Gasol who did it in "duncan" stayle

So Gasol it is
      Funny you said that, I was thinking the same thing.........that the MVP voting for this tournament is very similar to what occurred for Finals MVP in NBA in 2007. Duncan was the clear leader and MVP of that team, their entire offense and defense was built around him. Parker had a great series and that stuck in the mind of the voters.

Here, Gasol is still the main option and the driving force behind the Spanish team but it was Navarro who came through and made some key plays for them in the last 2 games.

Comment

Since it has to be a player from the winning team and not McCalebb, then I don't really mind which of the two Spanish superstars wins it. Even Marc could contend at some other scenario

But, Navarro stepped up during the key games and that's what mattered more for the voting. We are talking about seriously world class players here. Gasol has won the award before, so it was Navarro's turn. Originally, what mattered more for Spain's dominance was the balance between the frontcourt (as the main option, with the two brothers' great chemistry) and the alternative of Navarro's execution. That's what made Spain difficult to guard. The knock out games weighed more and especially the well contested semi-final against FYROM, where Spain built their lead on the 3rd quarter, led by Navarro's showtime. Also a very solid 1st half by Navarro in the final explained the vote and the rest is history
        Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Obviously deserved! Even Pau looked like shadow of Navarro. Great player, best shooting guard of Europe for a long time.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

navarro is a man amongst boys.. he is in the team full of nba talent and he came out again to be the main player of the team .. i alwasy hated him because he caused soo many problems for lithuania many times b4 but i respect him now hes truly one of a kind player

Comment

There will always be people disagreeing with the MVP choice and suggesting other choices but you have to agree that Juan Carlos Navarro truly deserves it. When it mattered most, he showed everyone who's boss. He made it look easy against the best defensive teams of the Eurobasket. La Bomba is one of a kind.

Comment

well deserved. Don't think anyone else deserved it more.

Comment

since 99 he didn't missed any tournament ? Navarro for me is the key player for Spain. Not Pau. If Navarro doesn't score the they can not dominate unless opponent Centers are 2.06.

Comment

Would've said a tie with McCaleb and Navarro if we didn't look at who won the gold.

Offtopic, but I wonder if McCaleb is going to the NBA next year. Does anyone know if his contract in the spanish league would allow that?

Comment

Navarro deserves it. He has been the best player of quarters, semis and the final
                      BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Truly the best player of the tournament and well deserved. When he is hot he just cant miss like that 3 point layup looking shot with 1:25 to go in the 4th..WTF!

He always shoots the lights out against us as well..

Comment

a money time player

Comment

MVP is not the player that makes the most points, or the one that has the most impressive stats, it is the one that if you take out of a team, that team will not be able to compete.

if you take Navarro out of the Spanish Roster, Spain still wins gold, if you take any of the Gasol, Spain still have enough talent to win gold.

if you take Bo out of Macedonia, they don't make it past the first round
                            ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

I wonder whterher he has ever been regretted due to play a little in nba. he could be a first option of a team in nba also imo. there is a word. " Statistics are like mini skirts. They give you good ideas, but hide the most important parts." Spain's true leader in this tournament is Navarro, not Pau..
                              https://twitter.com/#!/_twilost_
                              !Fenerbahçe! #12 Damir Mrsiç
                              !Dallas Mavericks! #41 "The Best European"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information