J.C. Navarro MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naumoski View Post
    Ok, I agree Navarro MVP, because he scored almost everything in key games.

But Pau Gasol "statistical" MVP, with 20.1 ppg - 8.3 rpg - 1.7 asp, 1.7 bs - great percentages (>50 % in 2P and 3P, 79 % ft)... and the only Spain defeat without him...
    Well, for the last week of this tournament, Navarro was the best player in the world. He is the one that makes the difference in these last games.

When he decided to kill a game, he killed it. Period.

Pau had bad stats. under 60% 2point shooting...
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by twilost View Post
      I wonder whterher he has ever been regretted due to play a little in nba. he could be a first option of a team in nba also imo. there is a word. " Statistics are like mini skirts. They give you good ideas, but hide the most important parts." Spain's true leader in this tournament is Navarro, not Pau..
      First option? Are you kidding me, he went to a lottery team and he never made an impact as far as W goes. And he did not played little, he was playing for 25 minutes a game. Without the help of refs for his flopping, he was routinely abused on defensive end. And Pau was the MVP of Spain team. Maybe Navarro deserved the award for his outstanding play in knockout stages but without Pau, Spain ain't going nowhere just like last year at WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
        First option? Are you kidding me, he went to a lottery team and he never made an impact as far as W goes. And he did not played little, he was playing for 25 minutes a game. Without the help of refs for his flopping, he was routinely abused on defensive end. And Pau was the MVP of Spain team. Maybe Navarro deserved the award for his outstanding play in knockout stages but without Pau, Spain ain't going nowhere just like last year at WC.
        First of all, hello to the forum, ive been lurking for years, and now i decided to join the party.

Southpaw, theres life beyond the NBA. I know Filipinos are crazy about the L, that you play your games with NBA's rules, etc. But European basketball has a huge basketball history of its own, and that gotta be respected. Navarro was a rookie and made significant contributions for the Grizzlies, with a few games with 20+ points being defended by more athletic defense. He also played in the all star for the rookie team. With time im sure he would have improved. By the way, France is a NBA team and couldnt stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by DunkOnYou View Post
          First of all, hello to the forum, ive been lurking for years, and now i decided to join the party.

Southpaw, theres life beyond the NBA. I know Filipinos are crazy about the L, that you play your games with NBA's rules, etc. But European basketball has a huge basketball history of its own, and that gotta be respected. Navarro was a rookie and made significant contributions for the Grizzlies, with a few games with 20+ points being defended by more athletic defense. He also played in the all star for the rookie team. With time im sure he would have improved. By the way, France is a NBA team and couldnt stop him.
          Navarro is a good player. theres no denying that but he is not I consider a first option. If he was a first option in an NBA team, that team wont go anywhere. i'm pretty sure he can make a significant contribution to any NBA team but I cant see any NBA team being built around his offense.

Comment

About Navarro......

Navarro had a great tournament. I believe he deserved MVP. I also believe others deserve MVP more. Navarro had the benefit of having Pau, Mac and Ibaka under the basket. With those 3 players Navarro could bomb shots all 40 minutes with little worries. Put him on a weaker team and I'm not so sure he has the security to play his game. IMHO I believe Bo was MVP. Next Pau then Navarro.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information