That leaves 4 slots open, to be filled by some of the following players:
    Diamantidis, Sloukas, Mantzaris, Xanthopoulos
    Bramos, Vasiliadis, Pappas
    Printezis, Chrysikopoulos
    Kaimakoglou, P. Calathes
    Schortsianitis, Mavroidis, Vouyoukas, Bogris, Sarikopoulos

Diamantidis is not returning to the NT.

Comment

If Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Mavrokefalidis, Tsartsaris and Schortsanitis aren't going to be on the team, I'd like to see:

Spanoulis / Calathes / Sloukas
      Zisis / Bramos
      Perperoglou / Papanikolaou or Chrysikopoulos
      Fotsis / Printezis
      Bourousis / Koufos / Mavroeidis

It's time for the younger guys to get a chance on the national team too. Vasiliopoulos is never healthy. Pat Calathes, Dan Mavraides, and Nikos Pappas all deserve chances as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
        Diamantidis is not returning to the NT.
        Why, because you say so or someone says it in Prasini; Seriously, even last year at that very nice interview where he stated that he has retired etc.., when he was asked about 2012 he told that he didn't want simply to be there but to be able to do the most..

Anyway, Olympics and Eurobasket is a totally different story. And you don't know how he judged the events of this year. I think he knows that he dissapointed many people.

Zisis, stated that "DD has the depth of character and morality to make the right decision"...

Let's wait.
        Last edited by Petran; 09-19-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Petran View Post
          Why, because you say so or someone says it in Prasini; Seriously, even last year at that very nice interview where he stated that he has retired etc.., when he was asked about 2012 he told that he didn't want simply to be there but to be able to do the most..

Anyway, Olympics and Eurobasket is a totally different story. And you don't know how he judged the events of this year. I think he knows that he dissapointed many people.

Zisis, stated that "DD has the depth of character and morality to make the right decision"...

Let's wait.
          No, it's not because it says so in Prasini (I don't read it) and it's not because I say so as you were writing on your original message.

It's because he says so privately.

Comment

No, it's not because it says so in Prasini (I don't read it) and it's not because I say so as you were writing on your original message.

I can't judge this, but I think that even his fellow comrades in the NT don't take this at 100%. Anyway, it is his image that is tarnished with this attitude. And he could have "escaped" if not for all the siliness this summer with the other players, but I think that now there is a bad sentiment about desserting players. Let's see, nobody has to beg anyone, he should come and ask to join, not people running behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
              I think 8 of the 12 slots are pretty certain:
              That leaves 4 slots open, to be filled by some of the following players:
              Diamantidis, Sloukas, Mantzaris, Xanthopoulos
              Bramos, Vasiliadis, Pappas
              Printezis, Chrysikopoulos
              Kaimakoglou, P. Calathes
              Schortsianitis, Mavroidis, Vouyoukas, Bogris, Sarikopoulos
              Don't forget Tsartsaris in the list.
              Although, the final list will largely depend on the season that will be done by all those forementioned, I am almost sure that:
              - Vougioukas, Bogris, Xanthopoulos, Mantzaris don't stand much chance of making the team.
              - The call or not of Sloukas, Bramos, Pappas, P. Calathes, Mavroidis, Printezis will largely depend on how they perform with their team this year.
              - Chrysikopoulos and Sarikopoulos will need to really outshine themselves to draw the attention at this stage
              - Schortsianitis is a special case. Everybody knows he can help. But in the end, it's about the team...after all, the team did not miss inside scoring by our centers. So, it's just a matter of coach and player to discuss...

I would really like to see a team of:
              N.Calathes/Sloukas
              Spanoulis/Zissis/Vasiliadis
              Papanikolaou/Chrysikopoulos
              Fotsis/Tsartsaris
              Bouroussis/Koufos/Sofo

Comment

And what does he say privately regarding the reasons which motivated him to leave the national team?
                You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov View Post
                  I would really like to see a team of:
                  N.Calathes/Sloukas
                  Spanoulis/Zissis/Vasiliadis
                  Papanikolaou/Chrysikopoulos
                  Fotsis/Tsartsaris
                  Bouroussis/Koufos/Sofo
                  I'd rather see Mauvrokefalides in place of Tsartsaris and may be Pappas in place of Sloukas...but as you said, it all depends on the season. Interesting, you don't think Bramos will be invited back or you just didn't like his play?

Comment

Originally posted by GV13 View Post
                    I'd rather see Mauvrokefalides in place of Tsartsaris and may be Pappas in place of Sloukas...but as you said, it all depends on the season. Interesting, you don't think Bramos will be invited back or you just didn't like his play?
                    No doubt Mavrokefalides would be in the team even this year, only if he wanted...I don't see him playing for the NT ever...

Tsartsaris for me is the most complete Greek player of the last decade and can still contribute either as PF or C, just as he does in Pao...

Now, regarding Bramos, I like him what I saw this year! He will fight with Perperoglou for his place in the team since my wish for Chrysikopoulos is just a longshot...
                    But, with Vasiliadis playing at the top-level ACB (and performing well), and Spanoulis/Perperoglou coming back...it is evident that Bramos is facing tough competition.
                    He's not that young to hope for much development and he needs to do an outstanding season to outshine Perperoglou & Chrysikopoulos or even Pappas

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                      And what does he say privately regarding the reasons which motivated him to leave the national team?
                      He wants to rest.

Comment

I think I know the reason why he does not want to stop playing basketball with Panathinaikos to have some rest:

You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

He wants to rest.
                          I think all our NT needs rest. Fotsis, Bourou, Zisis, Span, Perpe, other older players considering a comeback....

Dimitris was lucky that we made it to the preolympic, who knows what he would have read if we've missed it.

Anyways, given the motive of the Olympics and the voices of his former comrades calling for his return, I believe he will do the right thing. He is hurting his legacy with this, and after this summer he should have realized it.

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                            I think I know the reason why he does not want to stop playing basketball with Panathinaikos to have some rest:

So somebody is paying him to rest? Nice theory. I know one about the lines in the sky, wanna hear it?

Also, that's why he stayed at PAO when he could have gone elsewhere and make more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Petran View Post
                              I think all our NT needs rest. Fotsis, Bourou, Zisis, Span, Perpe, other older players considering a comeback....

Dimitris was lucky that we made it to the preolympic, who knows what he would have read if we've missed it.

Anyways, given the motive of the Olympics and the voices of his former comrades calling for his return, I believe he will do the right thing. He is hurting his legacy with this, and after this summer he should have realized it.
                              News is fresh, he's not coming back.

Retiring and then coming back when they beg you is prima donna style. Retiring and keeping your word, is the honest thing to do.

PS: This is the end of this discussion for me. I'm quite bored of the same shit all over again and again.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information