Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this eurobasket the one where home team had least of referee help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's enough to win some games and everyone will see you as "carried all the way by officials". Nothing special. And I don't blame people who Lithuania had help from referees - no one likes to lose.
    I'm on twitter

Comment

fibaeurope.com: You have 40 years of experience as a coach, can you talk about the level of refereeing at this EuroBasket?

Maljkovic: "You could not have asked for better refereeing than we had in this tournament. The game between Lithuania and F.Y.R of Macedonia was an example of that. We saw very honest officiating, very good refereeing. It's another sign that when you want to, you can have great officiating. There has been no favoritism. FIBA Europe must continue on this path. I have always respected professor Miguel Betancor –former international referee and Head of Operations at FIBA Europe– for many years. Whenever he refereed I would sleep well at night knowing that he was referee, before and after the game. I know he would not give me something or take anything away. Now he is educating referees and I've seen new talents. I've seen many new faces who are very good."

Comment

OK, I can't be objective because I'm Lithuanian. BUT! What I saw was few referees mistakes which was good for Lithuania. Also I saw more than few mistakes(Probably it was just few, but what do you want? I'm Lithuanian and I want only good for our team.) which was not good for Lithuania. So in my opinion there wasn't any help for home team, just few mistakes(and not only to out side)

Comment

Lithuania didn't see much referee support. On the contrary on the most previous championships and it's Fiba's cooking, this one was rather clean. A big and welcome surprise to be honest. Please, do keep it this way, let it come in the ref's blood.
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Breogan View Post
            fibaeurope.com: You have 40 years of experience as a coach, can you talk about the level of refereeing at this EuroBasket?

Maljkovic: "You could not have asked for better refereeing than we had in this tournament. The game between Lithuania and F.Y.R of Macedonia was an example of that. We saw very honest officiating, very good refereeing. It's another sign that when you want to, you can have great officiating. There has been no favoritism. FIBA Europe must continue on this path. I have always respected professor Miguel Betancor –former international referee and Head of Operations at FIBA Europe– for many years. Whenever he refereed I would sleep well at night knowing that he was referee, before and after the game. I know he would not give me something or take anything away. Now he is educating referees and I've seen new talents. I've seen many new faces who are very good."
            Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
            Lithuania didn't see much referee support. On the contrary on the most previous championships and it's Fiba's cooking, this one was rather clean. A big and welcome surprise to be honest. Please, do keep it this way, let it come in the ref's blood.
            My thoughs as well. Thats why I opened this topic.

Comment

we are small country and only in basketball we are big.So we never had support from referees as greece,spain or turkey had playing at home.And thanks god i like fair basketball,we dont need unfair help.Macedonia game they deserve with they fighting spirit and won,im just happy our team find a heart and spirit to come back after 15hours huge upset for all our nation and play very imporant game against slovenia.Our home championship dreams are gone,but still our olimpic dream is alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                we are small country and only in basketball we are big.So we never had support from referees as greece,spain or turkey had playing at home.And thanks god i like fair basketball,we dont need unfair help.Macedonia game they deserve with they fighting spirit and won,im just happy our team find a heart and spirit to come back after 15hours huge upset for all our nation and play very imporant game against slovenia.Our home championship dreams are gone,but still our olimpic dream is alive...
                Always the same history. We steal every game that we play...
                BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information