Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this eurobasket the one where home team had least of referee help?

Default Was this eurobasket the one where home team had least of referee help?

Compared to previous eurobaskets and world championships?

The referees were a little more on their side in the game against us IMO
    But it doesn't matter, because we played like crap

But other than that it was all fair, they deserved to be fifth, at least
    THE NBA IS FAKE

there was obvious homecooking in the games against Germany and Turkey so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    No as reffs were not 100% fair. But what about when we compare to helping home teams at 2010, 2009, 2007 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    No as reffs were not 100% fair. But what about when we compare to helping home teams at 2010, 2009, 2007 etc?
    lamonica consultations to invent rule wich would put lithuania trough in qf vs macedonia,,,,,,,,no
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Lamonica also took care of minimizing host nation's chances to reach EC semifinal in a most important match of the tournament...funny how failed to mention this

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Lamonica also took care of minimizing host nation's chances to reach EC semifinal in a most important match of the tournament...funny how failed to mention this
    bo last layups were under hard fouls, non called
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

definitely less help than turkey had last year.. but we don't need help we proved many times that with a good chemistry we can beat anyone.. just wait till next year i know it will be good

Agreed...plus the last minutes of Macedonia match.
    However i think they deserved their final position..

Our commentator mentioned that Spanish journalists think that it's a first tournament where hosts team team was beaten by the refs, or something like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

judging from the game yesterday between greece and lithuania, lithuanians got a lot of help!

Quote Originally Posted by ACHAIOS-75 View Post
    judging from the game yesterday between greece and lithuania, lithuanians got a lot of help!
    Where we got help? LOL, you south-countries people(turkey, serbia, greece) can not speak about anything, just about refs, after a loosing a game.. what a disrespect for winner.. Damm, everyday talking sh**s about refs, STOP IT! They are people, they can not make mistakes. And if they make 2-3 whistles not in that side where it should be, it is not that they helping one team or another!

hahaha!!!you are unbelievable, even the lithuanian tv showed everything pretty clearly! You lithuanian people stop fantasizing about your teams potential. If this years eurobasket had been hosted by other country, you would not be a olympic games candidate for sure!!!!!

This is the discussion, that definitely won't end up with the answer to the question.. As for my opinion, i think we did not get any help from the refs this year. Talking about game with germany? Yea, there were some doubtful whistles in favour of Lithuania, but how many there was in favour of Dirk? Some non-existant fouls by Songaila? I just count that as influence of a star, you will always get those. Macedonia - we didn't get any help, and it's OK.
    I think that referees were told that they have to handle the pressure from lithuanian crowd, so they always started games like they know that they have to whistle all lithuanians fouls there, because if they won't- people will say that referees are helping home team, so they always overdid that.
    My verdict - no help from referees here in lithuania was for the home team.
    But it's not that i'm asking for that, that is the way it should be
    Kicking around on a piece of ground

I expected more help this Year, if we would have advantage like Turkey in 2010 then we would advance to semis and after that play against Russia for Bronze.

It's enough to win some games and everyone will see you as "carried all the way by officials". Nothing special. And I don't blame people who Lithuania had help from referees - no one likes to lose.

fibaeurope.com: You have 40 years of experience as a coach, can you talk about the level of refereeing at this EuroBasket?

Maljkovic: "You could not have asked for better refereeing than we had in this tournament. The game between Lithuania and F.Y.R of Macedonia was an example of that. We saw very honest officiating, very good refereeing. It's another sign that when you want to, you can have great officiating. There has been no favoritism. FIBA Europe must continue on this path. I have always respected professor Miguel Betancor –former international referee and Head of Operations at FIBA Europe– for many years. Whenever he refereed I would sleep well at night knowing that he was referee, before and after the game. I know he would not give me something or take anything away. Now he is educating referees and I've seen new talents. I've seen many new faces who are very good."

OK, I can't be objective because I'm Lithuanian. BUT! What I saw was few referees mistakes which was good for Lithuania. Also I saw more than few mistakes(Probably it was just few, but what do you want? I'm Lithuanian and I want only good for our team.) which was not good for Lithuania. So in my opinion there wasn't any help for home team, just few mistakes(and not only to out side)

Lithuania didn't see much referee support. On the contrary on the most previous championships and it's Fiba's cooking, this one was rather clean. A big and welcome surprise to be honest. Please, do keep it this way, let it come in the ref's blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    fibaeurope.com: You have 40 years of experience as a coach, can you talk about the level of refereeing at this EuroBasket?

Maljkovic: "You could not have asked for better refereeing than we had in this tournament. The game between Lithuania and F.Y.R of Macedonia was an example of that. We saw very honest officiating, very good refereeing. It's another sign that when you want to, you can have great officiating. There has been no favoritism. FIBA Europe must continue on this path. I have always respected professor Miguel Betancor –former international referee and Head of Operations at FIBA Europe– for many years. Whenever he refereed I would sleep well at night knowing that he was referee, before and after the game. I know he would not give me something or take anything away. Now he is educating referees and I've seen new talents. I've seen many new faces who are very good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Lithuania didn't see much referee support. On the contrary on the most previous championships and it's Fiba's cooking, this one was rather clean. A big and welcome surprise to be honest. Please, do keep it this way, let it come in the ref's blood.
    My thoughs as well. Thats why I opened this topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast