Lithuanian national team - 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithuanian national team - 2012

I think it is about the time we talk ,just talk,between us.
    What is the future for our national team?
    The list of the players that should be leaving is in a way bigger than a list that we have coming.
    Coach?
    Under immense pressure Kemzura does not deliver.
    He does not fail too.
    Please,do share your opinion
    And for mods,please,do not move this thread away.
    It belongs here
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Team for the Olympics(I hope we'll qualify):

PG: Kalnietis, Cizauskas(we should give him a chance, also Gecevicius and Kaukenas could play as a point guard)
    SG: Kaukenas, Pocius, Gecevicius
    SF: Maciulis, Jasaitis
    PF: Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas
    C: Valanciunas, Javtokas

With all respect to Saras, he should retire from NT. He just cant be the team' leader anymore, and he dont want to be just a role player. He's not that kind of player. Songaila today stated that he would help Lithuania if he would be needed. But I dont see any place for him, except if injuries occurs. In SG spot we also have Seibutis, but they're similar players with Pocius, so it'd be unlogical to take them both and Pocius is at higher level as of today. I think Kemzura should stay as a coach, because in this EC I wasnt sure who was in charge, Saras or Kemzura? So i cant judge him.
    Also, i'm not sure about Kleiza' situation for pre - Olympics. Will he be able to play? Because I know there are some restrictions within NBA contracts.

Comment

Kemzura obviously staying because he didn't even mentioned the possibility of leaving and we already know federation wants him to stay. Well, I'm not the fan of such conformism, but over all I agree situation is questionable and let's say Kemzura deserves one more chance.

As for players, I will repeat my position: we have to say thank you and good buy for all veterans except Javtokas as I don't think he's already a veteran and also a natural part of 2010 team. I don't know if our coach will take this serious step, but I think it obviously has to be made and probably not too many people would disagree with that after 2011.

NT camp should look something like that:

Kalnietis, Delininkaitis* (Depending on the season - Vasiliauskas, Janavičius, Čižauskas)
      Pocius, Gecevičius, Seibutis, Juškevičius
      Mačiulis, Jasaitis, M. Kuzminskas
      Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas, Katelynas
      Valanciunas, Javtokas, Andriuškevičius

* Would be good to change him with young player or to use Gecevičius at this point, who knows how to play p&r. If Delnas would show he's ready in preparation phase, let it be.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
        Team for the Olympics(I hope we'll qualify):

PG: Kalnietis, Cizauskas(we should give him a chance, also Gecevicius and Kaukenas could play as a point guard)
        SG: Kaukenas, Pocius, Gecevicius
        SF: Maciulis, Jasaitis
        PF: Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas
        C: Valanciunas, Javtokas
        Basically I agree with you,although I think that Saras should still be in the team.Even if he commits a lot of turnovers,he's still valuable as a PG comming of the bench and we don't have any high level PG's in our country at the moment anyway.I think Cizauskas should be taken to our NT and given the same ammount of playing time as Delininkaitis had in this tournament,unless he starts playing very well in our NT.
        Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

Too early, waaay to early to think about the roster. Season is long, some players might blossom, new candidates appear, some might go down. I can only say the same like before - only the best should be there, be it Cizauskas, be it Saras, be it Motiejunas, Songaila, Gecevicius or even Babrauskas - I don't care. Olympics is not the place to make experiments, we have preparations for that. In 2013, with a new Olympic cycle, we can start building team for 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Too early, waaay to early to think about the roster. Season is long, some players might blossom, new candidates appear, some might go down. I can only say the same like before - only the best should be there, be it Cizauskas, be it Saras, be it Motiejunas, Songaila, Gecevicius or even Babrauskas - I don't care. Olympics is not the place to make experiments, we have preparations for that. In 2013, with a new Olympic cycle, we can start building team for 2016
            The only "little" problem is how to judge who is the best Kemzura was thinking Delnas was better than Gecevičius for example and he had his own reasons not depending on the seasons results and stats. Motiejunas was too young and so lacking experience, but the crucial mistakes was bade by Šaras and Songaila who despite the game against completely tired Dirk, was open hole in defence all tournament long...

Again, it seems like no-one even realising it was a f... failure this year and this "tolerance" and all chats how veterans will think about NT next summer IMO is not good.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

PG:Kalnietis, Delininkaitis, Vasiliauskas, Janavicius, Cizauskas also maybe Saras(I know, I know... But he didn't say no and it's Kemzura's decision who should be in the team.)
              SG:Kaukėnas, Pocius Seibutis, Gecevicius, Juskevicius
              SF:Maciulis, Jasaitis, Kuzminskas
              PF:Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas, Songaila, Katelynas, K.Lavrinovic
              C:Valanciunas, Javtokas Andriuskevicius, D.Lavrinovic

So we have 9 players which probably(Injuries possibility) will be in team next year, and more than 10 players who could fill others 3 players spots.
              Don't forget that it's possible that qualification and Olympic(If we qualified) teams will be completely different.
              Last edited by efap; 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                The only "little" problem is how to judge who is the best Kemzura was thinking Delnas was better than Gecevičius for example and he had his own reasons not depending on the seasons results and stats. Motiejunas was too young and so lacking experience, but the crucial mistakes was bade by Šaras and Songaila who despite the game against completely tired Dirk, was open hole in defence all tournament long...

Again, it seems like no-one even realising it was a f... failure this year and this "tolerance" and all chats how veterans will think about NT next summer IMO is not good.
                Failure? You must get back to earth, mate What did you expect? Gold? medals? As I've wrote somewhere before tournament - Spain is clear favorite, then there're some 8 teams who possibly could fight for medals (didn't include FYROM, they were big surprise), we got the place we deserved and it's just how good we are. We could get into medals fight, we could be left empty handed... I'm satisfied atleast with what we've got.
                If anyone could say our loss vs Macedonians were huuuge upset or failure, do they could the same after their game vs Spain, even before that they managed to lose to Russia with buzzer beater. Both of that teams I rate higher than us...
                Also I remember how after Kleiza's injury most of the fans were shouting that we are doomed, 6th place would be good result, what happened then? We lost Maciulis, we lost Petras, partly we lost Javtokas, Ksystof and Songaila, who played with injuries or didn't play at all... And what a miracle we see now - finally 5th place is historical failure... I mean WTF?
                Some needs reality check seriously. With Kleiza out we lost not only 20pts/10rbs player, we lost A LEADER, a guy who could carry the team in tough moments, lot of people underestimats this loss. Look at all the teams, who made to Top4, all have such player, even few, we lacked that badly...
                And there's no need to bitch about veterans, about last year success, just remember how many key players all other teams missed WC and you'll get the picture, last year we just took advantage of it, but with that roster we probably would get our ass kicked even more.
                Now we added players to certain positions, but sadly lost leader. Add Kleiza - we would be hell of the team, add all other players we missed and I'm sure we would be serious gold contenders. But not now...

No offense SF, just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by efap View Post
                  PG:Kalnietis, Delininkaitis, Vasiliauskas, Janavicius, Cizauskas also maybe Saras(I know, I know... But he didn't say no and it's Kemzura's decision who should be in the team.)
                  SG:Kaukėnas, Pocius Gecevicius, Juskevicius
                  SF:Maciulis, Jasaitis, Kuzminskas
                  PF:Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas, Songaila, Katelynas.
                  C:Valanciunas, Javtokas Andriuskevicius

So we have 9 players which probably(Injuries possibility) will be in team next year, and more than 10 players who could fill others 3 players spots.
                  Don't forget that it's possible that qualification and Olympic(If we qualified) teams will be completely different.
                  I kinda agree, just would add Seibutis too from the ones who already established themsleves as serious contenders.
                  No idea about Bros... Too injury prone and can't play more than a season healthy and needs all summer rest, cause breakes after 1st training camps... Probably they are done

Comment

Oh yes Seibutis... I completely forgot about him.
                    I already edited my post, also I added both of Lavrinovic because of who knows factory... I mean they are possible candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Failure? You must get back to earth, mate What did you expect? Gold? medals? As I've wrote somewhere before tournament - Spain is clear favorite, then there're some 8 teams who possibly could fight for medals (didn't include FYROM, they were big surprise), we got the place we deserved and it's just how good we are. We could get into medals fight, we could be left empty handed... I'm satisfied atleast with what we've got.
                      If anyone could say our loss vs Macedonians were huuuge upset or failure, do they could the same after their game vs Spain, even before that they managed to lose to Russia with buzzer beater. Both of that teams I rate higher than us...
                      Also I remember how after Kleiza's injury most of the fans were shouting that we are doomed, 6th place would be good result, what happened then? We lost Maciulis, we lost Petras, partly we lost Javtokas, Ksystof and Songaila, who played with injuries or didn't play at all... And what a miracle we see now - finally 5th place is historical failure... I mean WTF?
                      Some needs reality check seriously. With Kleiza out we lost not only 20pts/10rbs player, we lost A LEADER, a guy who could carry the team in tough moments, lot of people underestimats this loss. Look at all the teams, who made to Top4, all have such player, even few, we lacked that badly...
                      And there's no need to bitch about veterans, about last year success, just remember how many key players all other teams missed WC and you'll get the picture, last year we just took advantage of it, but with that roster we probably would get our ass kicked even more.
                      Now we added players to certain positions, but sadly lost leader. Add Kleiza - we would be hell of the team, add all other players we missed and I'm sure we would be serious gold contenders. But not now...

No offense SF, just my 2 cents
                      I'll say clearly were is the failure - the loss against Macedonia. That's it.

As for complains about the injuries and so on...I don't buy that, except the fact that Kleiza is the key for us. All other is just excuses, no-one forced to cut Motiejunas and to stay with one and only ready to fight Jankunas at 4. No-one forced to cut Gecevičius or Seibutis. I mean there were options so we have no reason to cry about the injuries. It wasn't like we were missing entire core as it was in 2005, 2006 and 2009.

I hope some conclusions will be made because it seems like everybody is so happy with that 5th place.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I'll say clearly were is the failure - the loss against Macedonia. That's it.
                        I also thought so after the game - failure, tragedy, but later changed my mind, basically after saw Macedonians givin' a fight to Spain (where I predicted easy game for Spaniards with +20 or so ), then 2nd time in a row makin' sweat Russia till last seconds. FYROM was not a fluke, now it's obvious, we lost to a good team, which was on a roll, just it got no name, that's why so much of a dissapointment that loss brought, but as we see now, this team isn't that much worse than Croatia, Slovenia, Greece or the same Russia and even better than some of them...

As for complains about the injuries and so on...I don't buy that, except the fact that Kleiza is the key for us. All other is just excuses, no-one forced to cut Motiejunas and to stay with one and only ready to fight Jankunas at 4. No-one forced to cut Gecevičius or Seibutis. I mean there were options so we have no reason to cry about the injuries. It wasn't like we were missing entire core as it was in 2005, 2006 and 2009..
                        Not only Kleiza, but another key player - Maciulis. And there's no excuses or smth. Just pure facts. There're always options, just you can't always hit the right ones. Sometimes by readin' some opinions (not yours), it looks like Kemzura made mistakes on purpose
                        Btw, Gecevicius or Seibutis wasn't a mistake, especially the latter. Kaukenas and Pocius were really good at SG. Kaukenas was poor at preparations, very poor, Pocius too, but at the right time they delivered - it was right decision.
                        And we all know (atleast I hope so) why Delnas was brought, but even he didn't see almost any minutes nor ar PG, nor at SG and was at deep end of the bench.

I hope some conclusions will be made because it seems like everybody is so happy with that 5th place.
                        Not happy, but satisfied, no need to be so hyperbolical

Comment

Mindozas, I wasn't thinking it was a tragedy even though I still think that the loss was shameful because Macedonia wasn't that good that night as they were against Spain or even Russia in the small final. What I'm thinking it's a simple failure. Kazlauskas retired in 2001 even though it wasn't so hard to see it was one tournament loss, the generation was red hot. But he showed some balls and paid the price.

The loss is one thing. The fact that we didn't play a single good game in the tournament (against Serbia it was close to that, but defence was horrible) is another. Basically we were struggling all tournament long. Some say it's objective reasons, veterans are not as good as it used to be and I partly agree, but the team wasn't so bad, it's just Kemzura wasn't good enough to make more from it. I'm not saying Kemzura is a bad coach, but in my account he's more limited than people thought after 2010. Half court offense looked pretty bad both years 2010 and 2011. Kemzura couldn't pick the right game style for current players. He knew Songaila and Ksistof are not 100% ready for the champ, but still refused hard working and 100% ready Motiejunas. Also he made mistakes with rotation against Macedonia and got involved with "Šaras stuff"...And because of that I hope there won't be Šaras next year.

However you look, Kemzura deserves criticism and should be seriously discussed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I was impressed how coach who coached NT with Sabonis in 1999 showed some balls
                            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Is Siskauskas officially retired from the national team?

I'd like to see this Lithuanian team in 2012:
                              Kalnietis / Jasikevicius / (Cizauskas)
                              Kaukenas / Pocius / (Gecevicius)
                              Maciulis / Jasaitis / (Obviously Siskauskas if he'll play)
                              Kleiza / Motiejunas / Jankunas (or Songaila)
                              Valanciunas / Javtokas / (or Petravicius)

A lot depends on how the younger guys perform this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information