[5/6 places] Game 88/A: Lithuania - Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    This was one of the worst individual performances in the history of eurobasket by Valancunas.It seemed every second he was on the court,he'd make sth negative for his team.Unbelievable.
    You are mixing it with Saras.

Valanciunas was +2 efficiency in 8 minutes. One of his personal worst but far from the crap you are spouting here.

Jasikevicius on the other hand had -9 efficiency, and it is indeed one of the lowest performances I can ever remember.

Comment

Personally I'd like to see Lithuania in the final but being more powerful isn't enough at all times, you need luck as well as that.
      The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

well from day 1 was pretty sure that lithuania and turkey were the most overrrated teams this year, Results have come to give me credit

Comment

Originally posted by ACHAIOS-75 View Post
          well from day 1 was pretty sure that lithuania and turkey were the most overrrated teams this year, Results have come to give me credit
          5th place for this year's LTU team is not a bad result, considering the fact that we lacked Kleiza and Maciulis, who are in my opinion half of the team. Luck in sport is also very important thing, sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Unfortunately, the worst game we played in 4finals. We couldn't handle the pressure and it is the main reason.

Comment

lithuanian absentees?????What about greece then?If only we had spanoulis, sofo and 1 or 2 more we would easily go to the final!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ACHAIOS-75 View Post
              lithuanian absentees?????What about greece then?If only we had spanoulis, sofo and 1 or 2 more we would easily go to the final!!!!
              Stop crying.If we had Kleiza and Maciulis we would've easily went to the final.Also Kleiza and Maciulis are more important to our team than Spanoulis and Schortsanitis to your team.There were people that overrated our team,but I never thought we were the favourites to win.In my opinion we should've went to the semi's,but got the 5th place,which definitely isn't that bad.
              Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                Congrats to Lithuania! Good game all in all.

I didn't understand why Bourousis stayed at the bench but whatever. Very close game always fun to watch.

Still optimistic about our chances next year having seen this team. Next year should only be beter.

PS I just love how Lithuanians love this sport and I wish it was like that in Greece... I mean we are descent in basketball and most people in Greece are obesessed with football. I don't get it... We should be all about basketball (...maybe water polo as well!)
                zouros told he was injured
                <-link to video
                http://bit.ly/bg3272
                http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

Originally posted by hustlerlt View Post
                  Stop crying.If we had Kleiza and Maciulis we would've easily went to the final.Also Kleiza and Maciulis are more important to our team than Spanoulis and Schortsanitis to your team.There were people that overrated our team,but I never thought we were the favourites to win.In my opinion we should've went to the semi's,but got the 5th place,which definitely isn't that bad.
                  Ok, assumptions never make history. Cu next year in Puerto Rico, hopefully with 3 only absentees (DD, Span, Sofo) out of a pool of 8 (Those plus Perpe,Tsarta, Mavro, Pap, Vasilo).

Imagine this year's NT with DD and Span at the place of Sloukas and Xanthopoulos and Sofo in the place of Mavroeidis.

Let's see...

Comment

Originally posted by Petran View Post
                    Ok, assumptions never make history. Cu next year in Puerto Rico, hopefully with 3 only absentees (DD, Span, Sofo) out of a pool of 8 (Those plus Perpe,Tsarta, Mavro, Pap, Vasilo).

Imagine this year's NT with DD and Span at the place of Sloukas and Xanthopoulos and Sofo in the place of Mavroeidis.

Let's see...
                    weren't most of these absentees playing in World Champioship last summer?I think they were,and what did they manage to do?Beat the powerhouse that is Cote D'Ivoire,lose easily to Turkey and the worst Spain of recent years and struggle against Puerto Rico and China!As you see there is no guarantee that had Greece a full roster they'd perform better on court.And do people seriously think that Perperoglou, 35 year old Tsartsaris and Vasilopoulos after 2 knee operations are some kind of difference makers?.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                      weren't most of these absentees playing in World Champioship last summer?I think they were,and what did they manage to do?Beat the powerhouse that is Cote D'Ivoire,lose easily to Turkey and the worst Spain of recent years and struggle against Puerto Rico and China!As you see there is no guarantee that had Greece a full roster they'd perform better on court.And do people seriously think that Perperoglou, 35 year old Tsartsaris and Vasilopoulos after 2 knee operations are some kind of difference makers?.
                      Even now, you haven't understood what happened to Greece in WBC 2010
                      Like the problem was the "weak" roster or something
                      Man, you are one of the most biased persons against Greece in IBN.
                      What is wrong with you?

Comment

Don't you think however that those guys deserved a failure; And no, I don't suggest taking those guys in the position of those young guys who proved that they can support us in the future. I am talking about swapping Xanthopoulos and Sloukas with the best guards in the nation currently (and the higher paid athletes as well) and putting Sofo in place of Mavreidis (if Sofo wants to fight and behaves as a professional). For Vassilo, let'see. And as a clarification Tsarsa will be 33, not 35 next year.

Comment

I tried to avoid Greece threads and critical mass of their fans, but since it's Lithuania and Greece I had to read a little bit, and what do I see?

Same story Greece playing so great if only not these missing players, imagine there's Spanoulis and SOFO (sound like God's name), imagine this team against all these poor teams in Eurobasket, the final would be in our pocket

As I mentioning this since 2008, the same "Greece is playing the best BB in history" syndrome

PS: Off course, that goes only to some fans of Greece that constantly overrate Greece and after failures come with excuses or blaming and not criticism for their team.

Greece looked way better in this game though. They played nice and relaxed game while Lithuania struggled again. Horrible BB basically. With such basketball we have nothing to do in Olympics. Radical changes are needed.
                          Last edited by Straight forward; 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM.
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            I tried to avoid Greece threads and critical mass of their fans, but since it's Lithuania and Greece I had to read a little bit, and what do I see?

Same story Greece playing so great if only not these missing players, imagine there's Spanoulis and SOFO (sound like God's name), imagine this team against all these poor teams in Eurobasket, the final would be in our pocket

As I mentioning this since 2008, the same "Greece is playing the best BB in history" syndrome

PS: Off course, that goes only to some fans of Greece that constantly overrate Greece and after failures come with excuses or blaming and not criticism for their team.

Greece looked way better in this game though. They played nice and relaxed game while Lithuania struggled again. Horrible BB basically. With such basketball we have nothing to do in Olympics. Radical changes are needed.
                            I think you are upset because the "gold medal contender" Lithuania could not beat the B-GreekNT (which was crippled more than ever in that game, in front of your home crowd) without the help of the refs. Anyone who has watched the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

PS For your information, we (the majority of the Greeks) consider that this NT was successful. If Greeks have great expectation, they are cocky. If they are modest and don't believe much in their team, then they are looking for excuses. You're very "objective"

And you didn't play horribly. That's how you can play when you are facing a good defensive team

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                              I think you are upset because the "gold medal contender" Lithuania could not beat the B-GreekNT (which was crippled more than ever in that game, in front of your home crowd) without the help of the refs. Anyone who has watched the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

PS For your information, we (the majority of the Greeks) consider that this NT was successful. If Greeks have great expectation, they are cocky. If they are modest and don't believe much in their team, then they are looking for excuses. You're very "objective"

And you didn't play horribly. That's how you can play when you are facing a good defensive team
                              Lithuanian NT with kleiza and without him are two different things. You say it is your B squad but frankly even your A squad would have troubles beating Kleiza leading Lithuania.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                                How you and your fellows can consider differently? Greece overachieved a lot. Pray to Zouros, any lucky charm or whatever you have, as 6th place is a HUGE victory for a team with such roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information