• France

25 38.46%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Final] Game 90/A: Spain - France

Default [Final] Game 90/A: Spain - France

Date:18.09.2011
    Time:21.00 local(GMT+3)
    Kaunas Arena

Well if spain loses, they will be considered as unsuccessful. But it doesn't matter for france, they looked already very satisfied with the ticket to olympics yesterday and their media won't hassle them in case of a loss.

Besides that I just hope the game goes to 2 overtimes or something so we can watch a great final. If spain gets the lead from the beginning and finishes comfortably I will SO DAMN HATE that!

of course in spain loose this game, it would be bad performance for them

We believe!

France was happy, because they broke a kind of spell, that took this great generation out of the OGs fro so much time, out of the Final too. Yet, as soon as they came back to the locker room, Parker was telling everybody to focus on sunday. He will be there, and I guess the others will follow the leader. But, for the first time in the tournament, there was joy on their faces after a win.
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeri_Disledim View Post
    Well if spain loses, they will be considered as unsuccessful. But it doesn't matter for france, they looked already very satisfied with the ticket to olympics yesterday and their media won't hassle them in case of a loss.
    I didn't like this attitude by the French players.Seemed like they had finished their tournament allready.Collet said sth like they were going to the bars yesterday to celbrate?Wtf,hello..you got a final to play.

Spain will have to have an off day in order to enhance the chances of France.

The favorite, to me, is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    Flaming/offtopic deleted
    Indeed for the fair game.

Win for Spain! I expect exciting match and game from Spain.
    Last edited by robbe; 09-17-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Deleting quoted post

We're favorites, but I prefered to play against Russia. I don't want surprises, so we must play serious for bringing another gold medal.

So, Sergio, don't do stupid things. Please!
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Scariolo will fuck it up. I voted for France :-(.

I hope France wins this game. So much effort from this team all these years, they deserve to win a Gold medal. Spain will be alright with the silver!

Spain to rape France for the n-th time

in scariolo we trust.

Allez les bleus,you can do it.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Let's do it baby! Let's get the shit out of those Spaniards. We can do it, this team is on a mission, don't see anything stopping them.

Let's go guys, there will be blood!

imo Russia would have been a stronger opponent for Spain than France. Actually I was surprised when France advanced to the final.

France seems to be very weak in the center position - Bourousis crushed Noah in almost any duel except that nice dunk. It's difficult to believe that he is a dominant center in NBA. Traore and Seraphin are mediocre at best. Imo the game under the rim is a lost cause for France.
    France can win only if its (her?) guards (Tony and Decolo) along with Battum play a really good game. This is the true strength of France imho. Especially if the Frenchies can repeat the 3p% they had yesterday and at the same time Navarro stops scoring like a lunatic, then they might win this. Needless to say that a zone defense is a "must".

I'll support the underdog again. (That's why my prediction game is ruined )
    All members of "I am ARAB (Antispanish Revolutionary Antifloppinism Brigade)" group ASSEMBLE

btw I think that the Spaniards don't flop too much this year. Or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post

I'll support the underdog again. (That's why my prediction game is ruined )
    All members of "I am ARAB (Antispanish Revolutionary Antifloppinism Brigade)" group ASSEMBLE

maybe it's because after sooo many years we managed to escape finishing a tournament without losing against them?
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan View Post
    maybe it's because after sooo many years we managed to escape finishing a tournament without losing against them?
    Is this question coming from a member of the group?

I think others started to flop more.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

France seems to be very weak in the center position - Bourousis crushed Noah in almost any duel except that nice dunk. It's difficult to believe that he is a dominant center in NBA.
    Here's what I wrote after the same kind of says in the France Russia thread:

Quote Originally Posted by damelo View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFdfVCFR8BI

Just to add about Noah.

I was not amongst the guys who were waiting a lot from him. And I did not enjoy so much his first matches, seemingly, he was not ready for Euro ball. He does not take so many rebounds. His moves are strange, not beautiful nor very fluid.

Yet, he brings interesting stuff on the floor. This video is not against Russia, it was posted on french sites just after the game against Greece. It shows all the little things Noah did to limit Bourousis, although Iannis had a huge game. When he was isolated against Noah in the Post, Bourousis was forced a lot to pake difficult passes. He did not score much on Noah, but after switches on the screens. Noah is efficient Low Post defender, although he is not a tough on the contacts as some of the best Europeans low post players.
    He has been able to defend on smaller opponents when he was forced after France had to switch on screens. His foot quickness is very interesting for a guy this size. It allows France to switch without giving up 2 match-ups. Or when they don't switch, to be aggressive on the ball holder and quickly in position to defend one on one low post.
    He does not take a lot of rebounds. But we saw that against higher teams, France needed often to push the ball away of taller opponents to get the ball in a second time. I guess he helps a lot in this fields, by activity, size, and athleticism. When he has been able to step up and get the rebounds, France usually had good runs.
    Defensively, it's hard to shoot over him. So, opponents might also change their shots, or skip it in front of this guy.
    Offensively, he has been ok. He makes the free throws, has taken the open shots. It's a plus if he makes them, not so bad for the team if he does not. It is important for the team to play a few one on ones low post for him realy on. He is not great in this kind of plays, but he can make a little lefty hook shot. If he in able to get something going out of these plays, it is a big plus. And it is important to have the big time defensive guy getting the ball offensively, for confidence, implication. If he's hot, then, the ball keeps going to him. Else, the teams has other solutions.

Let's sum up:
    Defensively, although he has not been so impressive, he has done a very good job. He brings up size, and seriousness, while his speed is an interesting factor.
    Offensively, in FIBA ball, the most important is not to make errors. He takes advantage of what comes, plays when he has to, but never really went out of what he can do. He made very few errors IMO.
    Thus, he showed he is, in his own style, a totally viable center in the FIBA game.

Here's my point of view. Let's not forget his horrible shooting mechanics !

Edit: Here's the video against Russia:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDhlh...layer_embedded
    Just watch the videos, they are interesting. I had the same feeling you have when I first saw Noah play with France.

For the other part: Against Spain, France managed to remain in the game with 9 players, for 1 half. After, Traoré and Séraphin were in foul trouble. But this time, they will not be needed to share 50 minutes on posts 5 and eventually 4. They will bring what they have been taken for, immediate impact. and they were able to limit the Gasols for one Half. Not so bad, considering the difference of level, theoretically. With a 3rd guy like that, the game could have been different. So, as usual, traoré will bring his instant offense, and I hope Séraphin will have a few minutes to confirm that he is able to manage a Marc Gasol for at least 10 minutes.
    The offense is much better than it used to be. In this tournament, the 5 of the French team are scoring like never we saw in the past 10 years. Traoré may now be better than Nancy idol Cyril Julian, who was the previous holder of this offensive center on little periods. Traoré is most probably, like he was for years in the French Pro A, the most efficient scorer per minute in this championship. Séraphin proved very able to shoot from the high post, or from 4 meters generally, even if correctly defended. Noah is not bringing so much offensively, but his activity have him scoring a bit, getting a pair of free throws at least every game in few opportunities to score.
    Sure, the main threat is Parker. But he is not alone this time. You can not focus only on him.
    Batum and Gelabale will hopefully continue to take open 3s. France does not take many 3s, but chooses them carefully, they have no Navarro nor Rudy. they know many guys in this team can create for themselves a good 2 pointer. The high 3 % is only needed to open the spaces if the opponents make a zone. But is not a primary option.
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Spain wins, 42 by Navarro, 23 in 3rd quarter.

France making it to the final is a bigger surprise than Macedonia playing the bronze game.
    poof

Quote Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
    Spain wins, 42 by Navarro, 23 in 3rd quarter.

France making it to the final is a bigger surprise than Macedonia playing the bronze game.
    yeah of course a team with Parker, Noah, Batum, Diaw, DeColo....has no chance to get to the final. Are you kidding me or are you anti-french?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast