F- E. Lorbek, Teletovic
    C- Pekovic, Krstic, Tomic

USSR:
    G- Jasikevicius, Kalnietis, Shved
    G- Kaukenas, Pocius
    F- Kirilenko, Siskauskas
    F- Kleiza, Khryapa
    C- Valanciunas, Pachulia, Biedrins
    Maybe we should include only the players who are in this eurobasket.
    Or make it another,ideal,roster.
    But i am very intrigued by this idea.
    So in this tournament we had Latvia,Ukraine,Georgia,Russia and Lithuania from ex soviet block.
    So,in no particular order
    Blums,Kuksiks
    Zaza ,Sanikidze
    Lishchuk(maybe)
    Kirilenko,Chriapa,Shved and probably Mozgov.
    Kaukenas,Kalnietis,Jasaitis and/or Javtokas/Valanciunas

I just picked outstanding players for this tournament in my opinion,not necessarily who would make imaginary final 12 roster
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

funny thing i think ussr side like it was during soviet union would be made of russian and lithuanian players.. well maybe we could add pachullia

Comment

Originally posted by scream2207 View Post
        funny thing i think ussr side like it was during soviet union would be made of russian and lithuanian players..
        Not true.Valters was one heck of the player,maybe more talented then some of our players too.(especially Chomicius).Eiden was decent too.
        Volkov was not Russian.So many others.
        Please.do not bullshit here with your comments if you do not know the facts
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

I thought Yugoslavia was part of the Otoman Empire !! oh Wait we are in the 21st century !! yeah i´ve just realized !! that´s the reason Ginobili and Scola doesn't play for Spain in this EC !

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
            udrih, teodosic, dragic, jaric, ukic, planinic, popovic, lakovic, ilijevski.......

becirevic, rakocevic, pavlovic, giricek, vujacic, djedovic tepic........

stojakovic, nahbar, keselj, bjelica, tomas, bogdanovic, dasic, radmanovic.....

lorbek, teletovic, mirotic, loncar, banic, savanovic, erceg, velickovic....

krstic, brezec, nesterovic, tomic, barac, kasun, perovic, milicic, antic, pekovic.....

here some potetial candidates, you pick
            maybe begic too? he is naturalized player for slovenija, but he wouldnt be for yugoslavia
            Favourite Clubs:
            KK Krka
            Union Olimpija

Favourite League:
            ABA-NLB
            Euroleague
            NBA

EUROBASKET 2013-SLOVENIJA

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
              I thought Yugoslavia was part of the Otoman Empire !! oh Wait we are in the 21st century !! yeah i´ve just realized !! that´s the reason Ginobili and Scola doesn't play for Spain in this EC !
              Imagine a Great Britain NT with players born on their colonies (including the U.S. born and raised ones )
              Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
                Yugoslavia:
                G- Teodosic, G. Dragic, Ukic
                G- B. Udrih, Bogdanovic
                F- Stojakovic, Nachbar
                F- E. Lorbek, Teletovic
                C- Pekovic, Krstic, Tomic

USSR:
                G- Jasikevicius, Kalnietis, Shved
                G- Kaukenas, Pocius
                F- Kirilenko, Siskauskas
                F- Kleiza, Khryapa
                C- Valanciunas, Pachulia, Biedrins
                While those teams look impressive on paper by today's standards, it's also sad to note that they couldn't hold a handle to the respective teams 20 years ago. Petrovic, Kukoc, Paspalj, Radja, Divac, Sabonis, Marculionis, Kurtinaitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo64 View Post
                  While those teams look impressive on paper by today's standards, it's also sad to note that they couldn't hold a handle to the respective teams 20 years ago. Petrovic, Kukoc, Paspalj, Radja, Divac, Sabonis, Marculionis, Kurtinaitis.
                  I'm not so sure though. 20 years ago there was not much of basketball to speak of in Europe which was why the few countries that actually knew how to play the sport (mainly USSR and Yugoslavia) were seen as impossibly better than everybody else. I do not think that "modern Yugoslavia" would had been unable to challenge the old one, it's only that nowadays we have other European powers, besides those two, as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve187 View Post
                    I'm not so sure though. 20 years ago there was not much of basketball to speak of in Europe which was why the few countries that actually knew how to play the sport (mainly USSR and Yugoslavia) were seen as impossibly better than everybody else. I do not think that "modern Yugoslavia" would had been unable to challenge the old one, it's only that nowadays we have other European powers, besides those two, as well...
                    I don't agree.

Take a starting five with Zdovc, Petrovic, Kukoc, Radja and Divac, and you have...
                    - Four starting-caliber guys in the NBA (not a single one in today's) who were better in FIBA basketball.
                    - A superbly balanced team (there are no good SGs nowadays, and the perimeter defense of the current team looks very weak).
                    - An extremely coordinated squad. They played team ball like no one.
                    - A ridiculous bench with guys such as Danilovic, Paspalj, Djordjevic...

I mean, that team was light-years ahead the hypothetical current one.

Comment

Originally posted by JureEe View Post
                      maybe begic too? he is naturalized player for slovenija, but he wouldnt be for yugoslavia
                      i just put some names for top of my head for test
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Imagine a Great Britain NT with players born on their colonies (including the U.S. born and raised ones )
                        Come on, Karl Malone would have been French! What a shame for us to have a NRA guy!
                        It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Well actually GB could do that like france only if the brits were a little bit more interested in hoops.

Comment

the fact these guys had no match in international game doesn't mean they were less good

petrovic, kukoc, radja, divac and danilovic prooved they can play in nba during most physical period of nba

petrovic was 3rd best shooter in nba in last 2 seasons behind jordan and drexler
                            radja was 20-10 guy in his 2nd season before got injured in 3rd season
                            kukoc woudl probably had 20-7-5 if he had gone almost to any other club besides bulls
                            divac was long time starter in most taleted era of all time for ceters
                            danilovic had 14pt per game in nba

and vrankovic, komazec, paspalj, djordjevic, zdovc...etc were stars in europe

and they dominated euro basketball before most of them actually peeked

how that team could actually look like from 1992-96. would be scary

maybe generation of stojakovic, giricek, rebraca, drobnjak, nesterovic, vujcic, tomasevic, bodiroga could challenge them, but curent no way

who could actually to day make in that team? udrih?. lorbek?. krstic?

maybe? rest?, no chace!
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

are you kiding man? in that old ex yu team there was at least 4 superstars, like having gasol, kirilenko, parker and dirk in the same team, in todays european team, no country, even spain, has more than one superstar. only spain player that could be in first five in that yu team would be gasol

Comment

Originally posted by scream2207 View Post
                                funny thing i think ussr side like it was during soviet union would be made of russian and lithuanian players.. well maybe we could add pachullia
                                Depends on period. There where plenty of Georgians in USSR NT before 80s.

For instance, in 1972 olympic games, there were two Georgians in starting five (Korkia-sakandelidze).
                                Crisis began in the end of 70s.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information