No announcement yet.

fall of "yugoslavian" basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, Croatia has had the biggest fall. That's maybe why Picek posted this. Do we also now claim there is a rise in "Macedonian" basketball? I don't think so. It's fucking amazing that every single ex-yu country managed to qualify for this tournament in the first place. Macedonia finished last in the ex-yu tournament, and above all others in this one. Go figure. It's such a strong tournament as well. The other countries are above their normal standard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
      Anyway, Croatia has had the biggest fall. That's maybe why Picek posted this. Do we also now claim there is a rise in "Macedonian" basketball? I don't think so. It's fucking amazing that every single ex-yu country managed to qualify for this tournament in the first place. Macedonia finished last in the ex-yu tournament, and above all others in this one. Go figure. It's such a strong tournament as well. The other countries are above their normal standard as well.
      come on, you have to agree that finishing 7/8 is a downfall from being a finalist last time around and from being a semifinalist of last WC..
      and all of that with virtually the same team only with a bit more expirience and years of playing together..
      and I don't think slovenians are happy with this result either.. game play even more..
      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Bosnia and Montenegro never were great, Macedonia is having its best year ever, Croatia hasn't been relevant since Drazen passed away, Slovenia contends in Eurobasket every once in a while and that's all they'll ever do..

Yugoslavian basketball means Serbia..
        They reached the final in 2009 and the final four in 2010, just because they had a lesser year, which is completely normal, it doesn't mean bball is on the decline

Very opportunistic thread
        THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
          Croatia hasn't been relevant since Drazen passed away,
          that is true and simply a fact although medal in 1995. was won without Dražen..
          however, being on the last OG (but since you have such an attitude I most respond on it, being on OG is something Turkey hasn't achieved in more then 60 years) and not being on this one is a fall..
          for Serbia, missing on a second consecutive OG tournament is surely a problem..
          that is if you think of OG as the greatest basketball tournament like I do..

Comment

don't write nonsense. in ex yu teams the majority of players always came from croatia. in every single tournament more than 50% players were croats. now serbia is better, but that doesn't mean yugo basket means serbia

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post

2. Croatia - kicked out from the tournament before the real tournament even started - is there really anything needed to say about our performance? o.k., it is not a medal contender team (eventhough I as a hardcore fan always believe in their potential and year after year I get more and more dissapointed) but being kicked out after group stage. unacceptable.
              yes, Tomas and Ukić were a loss but come on. every team has that. the biggest dissapointment of all yugoslavian teams... for sure and not only just for me.. what is even worse for basketball in Croatia they have lost all support even from those hardcore fans like I am..
              biggest issue: no team play, no set offence, unexisting defense. and the thing I hate the most simply no passion in the game, no heart..
              future: for the last 16 years our future was "bright" and for the last 16 year we managed to do nothing or almost nothing. we are claiming we have a bright future.. with no proper coaching both in NT and the clubs, with Radić at helm of our basketball there is simply no future..
              OG history: after two OG tournaments in the 90's Repeša took us to Beijing in 2008. but we are now out of the picture.. again.. oh well, I can atleast use the repeat button on the 1992. OG final tape over and over again..

I'm not sure that croatia had so bright future in last 10 years. we always pretend that we have big talents that was ruined by radiic and our federation. but is it true? since 2002. and start of back to back u - 16 tournaments croatia before 2010. played only once 1/2 finals of u16 eurobasket. talented players win golds and not 6. or 8. or 12. places.

in last 2 yeras we won back to back golds. now these player are REAL talents. we never have so much talented players packed in 2,3 years. and on top of that we have 2 projected superstars. and if you ask me, i am ready to bet that croatia will came close to repeat serbian 4 in row u 16 gold medals. we have realy great 96. and 97. generations.

is radics guilty that tomic is 217 cm big girl, or that tomas have role player mentality. whether the feb president guilty that rubio became mediocre pleyer instead superstar? now look at the spanish bbal as for example. on the surface looks like perfect system. great senior team, lot of u medals, big talents.... but if u scratch surface there is pau gasol and big big hole. a team that needs big reffere help to win 1/4 finals, ready to lose of anyone. and exept purchased montenegrian there is no superstar talent.

croatia have and always will have good players. but only teams with SUPERSTARS win medals continuously. we need our pau gasol to win eurobasket. system can produce good players but superstars are born to be superstars. you can not produce one. in 2011 we have better players then in 1992. or at lkeast bigger number of good players. but we dont have petro, kukoc and radja

on topic. yougolavian basketball did not fall. she is "only" separated in 6 pieces. connect that pieces and you will have great bball nation

Comment

Bosnia once was THE factory of european basketball reasons that's not the case anymore are well known so I won't be repeating them.

Well... The worst thing going on to ex-Yu are the coaches. Basicaly all the best coaches are abroad with only few of them as PeÅ¡ić (Zvezda) or Sagadin (Helios) ever returning back to their native enviroments, while the ones "in a rise" as Džikić, Spahija or Zdovc are gone pretty fast. A lot of knowledge is getting lost this way, knowledge that would get passed down to players as well as the coaches.
                2nd worst thing is the weakness of the top clubs.
                Manager doing what's best for a player are fairytales I can't believe how many players actually believe. Some of the top talents get's sold to foreign clubs where they aren't receiving enough minutes (yet, their native players do) and unless they proove themselves a superstar material they will be treated as completely expendable.
                There is a long list of those youngsters leaving abroad too early, noone can claim some player would be a superstar if not leaving abroad too early, but might just be the case with some of them.

Yet, as long as the club competitions as Adriatic league will keep improving, no need to worry imo.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I don't have an attitude, but you should see Croatia reaching the 2008 games as an exception rather than a normality

Serbia might've missed the Olympic games for the second time in a row, but the two tournament before this they were top 2 and top 4

If 2009's Eurobasket would offer spots for the Olympics then they would be there, so you have to have some luck too.. It's the same Eurobasket, in 2009 it doesn't help you, in 2011 it does..

And I don't think the Olympic Games are the greatest basketball tournament, because 1: it isn't just for basketball, it is one of the many sports and 2: there are very few teams and not even the greatest twelve in the world, and great contenders can't be there because of a bad year

The World Championship is a better tournament because it has more teams and muccchhh more cumulative quality, but the Olympics are the most prestigious one, because the Americans say so
                  THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Bosnia and Montenegro never were great, Macedonia is having its best year ever, Croatia hasn't been relevant since Drazen passed away, Slovenia contends in Eurobasket every once in a while and that's all they'll ever do..

They reached the final in 2009 and the final four in 2010, just because they had a lesser year, which is completely normal, it doesn't mean bball is on the decline

Very opportunistic thread

since drazen past away croatia got 3 medals

and i still wonder how it would look if we didn't have so many absentes and if our federation worked normally since radic got inte federation

since 96. olympics croatia only in 05. played with full rooster where we were robbed big time

and this could be team that would be contender till let say 2007

just for sample 99. and 01. teams could look like

mulamerovic, alanovic, giricek, perasovic, komazec, rimac, z. radulovic, marcelic, kukoc, n. radulovic, golemac, radja, vujcic, prkacin, tabak, kovacic

insted lot of this guys players like henjak, jure ruzic, tomeljak, ivan donald maric

slovenia wasn't strong during ex yugo, but since somwere 02-04., they are haveing probably most talent from all ex yugo teams, but they are consistantly underachiving

most euro teams just started dealing with absentees of kind croatia, serbia, slovenia are dealing over 15 years
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

And excuse me if I seem to not give Bosnia or Croatia enough credit, I'm just 22
                      Since I've been watching Serbia has been the greatest ex-Yu country, followed by Slovenia.. I know very little about the older times
                      THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

There is no fall in Yugoslavian basketball. Macedonia is here to help by winning the bronze medal

Comment

The World Championship is a better tournament because it has more teams and muccchhh more cumulative quality, but the Olympics are the most prestigious one, because the Americans say so
                          going offtopic..
                          world championship has much more cumulative quality then what, OG?
                          with three teams from Africa and 4 from Asia, really? cumulative quality...
                          if you already want to compare quality then compare EC or FIBA Americas with OG.. but not world championship..
                          btw. I'm not an american and I say olympics are more prestigious..
                          probably every professional athlete on the world will say so as well..
                          but I can see why you think differently so I won't continue with the debate over it..

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post

since drazen past away croatia got 3 medals

and i still wonder how it would look if we didn't have so many absentes and if our federation worked normally since radic got inte federation

since 96. olympics croatia only in 05. played with full rooster where we were robbed big time

and this could be team that would be contender till let say 2007

just for sample 99. and 01. teams could look like

mulamerovic, alanovic, giricek, perasovic, komazec, rimac, z. radulovic, marcelic, kukoc, n. radulovic, golemac, radja, vujcic, prkacin, tabak, kovacic

insted lot of this guys players like henjak, jure ruzic, tomeljak, ivan donald maric

slovenia wasn't strong during ex yugo, but since somwere 02-04., they are haveing probably most talent from all ex yugo teams, but they are consistantly underachiving

most euro teams just started dealing with absentees of kind croatia, serbia, slovenia are dealing over 15 years
                            agree. we could only imagine what woult be if croatia played with ful roster between 1997. and 2001. ind ahat would happen if giricek, sesar, vujcic, prkacin and mulaomerovic have opportunity to learn from kukoc, radja, komazec... and in 2005. after lamonica and company robbery giricek and vujcic do same. and again planinic, pop, tomas, ukic... stayed alone without class players

Comment

The World Championships have a higher number of quality teams, so the cumulative quality is greater

And no, I do not think this because we were second last year, that way I can say that you defend the Olympics because of 1992, stop it five
                              THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

I don't have an attitude, but you should see Croatia reaching the 2008 games as an exception rather than a normality

Serbia might've missed the Olympic games for the second time in a row, but the two tournament before this they were top 2 and top 4

If 2009's Eurobasket would offer spots for the Olympics then they would be there, so you have to have some luck too.. It's the same Eurobasket, in 2009 it doesn't help you, in 2011 it does..

And I don't think the Olympic Games are the greatest basketball tournament, because 1: it isn't just for basketball, it is one of the many sports and 2: there are very few teams and not even the greatest twelve in the world, and great contenders can't be there because of a bad year

sice last year absentess this year ec is higher than last year wc

and if no nonsense caled willd card it should be croatia that should play in 2008., WC, not turkey

croatia finished 7th in 05. after huge robbery vs. spain over turkey, and trashed turkey in their matchup. still from marketing reasons italy and turkey got WC, not Croatia

so we were more relevant then Turkey in those years
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information