No announcement yet.

fall of "yugoslavian" basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great article in NIN magazine about Danilović and a personal overview on his career. He said one very interesting thing, a great example why we had such great players and why ex-Yu will struggle to make such a great player again.
    "Cak i moji roditelji su osetili da je taj covek pravi i da se na njega mogu osloniti kad sam ja, tada sedamnaestogodisnjak, u pitanju. Duletov, skoro slucajan, dolazak u moju kucu u Sarajevu bio je prekretnica u karijeri i prelasku u 'Partizan'. Pre toga upozorio me je da postoje teskoce sto se tog transfera tice, jer bez ispisnice kluba iz kojeg dolazim ne mogu zvanicno igrati u novom klubu godinu dana. To nije promenilo moju odluku. Presao sam u 'Partizan' za par patika, smestaj i hranu ne postavljajuci nikakve uslove. Moji nisu bili za to. Mama se bunila, a caleta sam brzo pridobio."

Tada je naucio da trenira po sedam-osam sati, da ustaje rano, da prihvata savete samo od onih koji su se kao dobronamerni vec dokazali. "Dule je u tom trenutku za mene bio i otac i trener, covek koji me je formirao u igrackom i ljudskom smislu. Od njega sam naucio da posvecujem puno paznje individualnom radu. Shvatio sam da u sportu, kao i u bilo kojoj profesiji, talenat nije nista bez rada. Ponekad cak ni to nije dovoljno jer, jednostavno, mozete da nemate srece."
    "Even my parents felt that this man is genuine and that I, as seventeen-year-old, can rely on him. Dule's almost accidental arrival to my home in Sarajevo was a turning-point for my career and for my move to Partizan. Before it happened, he warned me that there are difficulties with the transfer, because without the release papers from my old club I could miss next season without playing officially for the new club. It didn't affect my decision. I moved to Partizan for a pair of sneakers, accommodation and food, without asking any question. My parents opposed the idea. Mom protested, but I convinced my father quickly."

Then he learned to train for seven or eight hours, to get up early, to accept advice from those who have already proven as bona fide. "Dule was both father and coach for me at that time, the man who helped me form as a person and as a player. I learned from him to devote myself to individual practice. I realized that in sports, as in any other profession, talent means nothing without practice. Sometimes even that is not enough, simply because you can run out of luck."
    Dule is Duško Vujošević, of course.

Comment

yes Cibosu, that's true... basketball now is so poor that I watch only old Yugoslav games. in my opinion, only Teodosic could play old league.
      as I'm also from Croatia, I can say that 1995 episode of leaving the podium put curse in our basketball and basketball gods remember it, not allowing us to win anymore...

Comment

perhaps true for euskadi. but...
        only serbian coaches from ex-yugoslavia are lions...

Comment

i think that basketball and all cheap talks about it is complete nonsense after fall of Yugoslavia. during the Yugoslav period, everyone (except USA and USSR) was miles beyond. today we have situation that Spain is powerhouse.
          Navarro??? - he is fine player, but could play in Rabotnički or Borac Čačak in ex-Yu league. he would be nice as floor cleaner for Kićanović or Delibašić...
          to Pimpekaustas - yes, many Croatian players played for an ex-Yu team, but Serbia produced more stars over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by souly View Post
            i think that basketball and all cheap talks about it is complete nonsense after fall of Yugoslavia. during the Yugoslav period, everyone (except USA and USSR) was miles beyond. today we have situation that Spain is powerhouse.
            Navarro??? - he is fine player, but could play in Rabotnički or Borac Čačak in ex-Yu league. he would be nice as floor cleaner for Kićanović or Delibašić...
            to Pimpekaustas - yes, many Croatian players played for an ex-Yu team, but Serbia produced more stars over the years...
            you lost your mind
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information