Korea 80-62 Lebanon 3:30PM Wuhan Stadium
    Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/G...1191622948.PDF
    KOR: Yang Donggeun 20p 7a, Jarod "TJ Moon" Stevenson 18p
    LIB: Ghaled Reda 20p, Rodrigue Akl 15p

Malaysia 71-67 India 6pm Hongshan Stadium
    Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/G...0119165125.PDF
    MAS: Ooi Ban Sin 20p, Guganeswaran Batumalai 14p 7r 6a
    IND: Jagdeep Singh 25p 11r, Amjyot Singh 13p 12r
    Last edited by sinobball; 09-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    aim low, score high

meeting Korea on Day 2 is a tough one. It would have been a fierce match-up if the game was on Day 3.

Anyway i think Korea has a slight advantage 52-48 % over Lebanon.

But i'm counting on the heart of our boys for a big fight.

The South Korea - Lebanon match is interesting. It could be anybody's ballgame. Hard to choose but in the end I got to choose one team and that is South Korea over Lebanon.

India vs Malaysia - These 2 teams are upstars in the Asia Championships. Either team is capable of beating the other but since I have to choose one I'd pick India winning over Malaysia.

Lebanon 77-75 South Korea
    India 72-66 Malaysia.

as much as i hope we win but i see a koren first strike due to our injuries and lack of preparation. However we will strike back in the upcoming rounds.
    Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

I've got a funny feeling that korea will be the champs this year.
    TEAM [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SmartGilasFan View Post
    I've got a funny feeling that korea will be the champs this year.
    You said it FUNNY!!!
    Good luck for your Philipina's NT team ...

Hard Game for Both Teams ,Hope we will win that game but no one will know who will win but the Korea have a slight advantage on us ,but im sure that Our Players will fight !!

Our Main Keys in this Game will be :

Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
    GR Mission:Scoring as he s an experienced player ,Very Good Deffence considered to be the best deffensive player in Lebanon very Agressive ,can play the Role of a leader ,can shoot very well from everywhere !

Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
    ABN Mission :to be the Leader ,scoring since he s the best scorer in the team now, show his maturity on the court as usual ,fight on every ball (doing eveything on the court as usual ,being JAN ),fight on deffence

Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG)
    MI Mission:Since he s a tall PG ,he wil have big Miss match against Korean and for sure he will dominate them on Deffence and offence ,+ we need he s very good Vision on the court and also we need his shooting who killed a lot of teams before

as we see that our Starting 5 are very good Deffensive player ,like Ghaleb a very good fighter and abdel Nour also and Kannaan and Hoskin ...
    Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bury Please View Post
    ----------
    Man,seriously you're the funniest guy i met on this forum,you think all this world is a conspiracy theory and everything happens for a reason, you watch way too much science fiction movies dude,lighten up
    Fac was picked in the first place but he refused after he saw the huge list of absentees and the limited budget,sarkis was the only man brave enough to step up,so give him some credit for God's sake.
    And so far with sarkis we had awesome results
    so if you could just wait till the championship is over and then start bashing,it would be very much appreciated, but pls for the moment spare us your funny comments
    Last edited by Khalid80; 09-13-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese phoenix View Post
    Man,seriously you're the funniest guy i met on this forum,you think all this world is a conspiracy theory and everything happens for a reason, you watch way too much science fiction movies dude,lighten up
    Fac was picked in the first place but he refused after he saw the huge list of absentees and the limited budget,sarkis was the only man brave enough to step up,so give him some credit for God's sake.
    And so far with sarkis we had awesome results
    so if you could just wait till the championship is over and then start bashing,it would be very much appreciated, but pls for the moment spare us your funny comments
    They are my initial thoughts. I am seeing things before happening.It doesnt require a genious.

ghassan is going to fail.he thinks he is einstein, his tactics are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bury Please View Post
    They are my initial thoughts. I am seeing things before happening.It doesnt require a genious.

ghassan is going to fail.he thinks he is einstein, his tactics are horrible.
    tactics horrible ha ?

where were you when he grabbed two straight b2b Asian Club Championships a decade ago ?

Ghassan in an Interview said that we will win against Korea in the Groups Stage and he s preparing very well for this Game and in my opinion our Players can do it ,all of them are talented ,from Rod to Migu to Ibrahim ,to Ghaleb-Jean-Stephan-Kanaan-Bawji-Tabet-Hoskin ,we have very good players ,we will do it hope that ,it will help us a lot in the next games if we top the Group !
    Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazara View Post
    Ghassan in an Interview said that we will win against Korea in the Groups Stage and he s preparing very well for this Game and in my opinion our Players can do it ,all of them are talented ,from Rod to Migu to Ibrahim ,to Ghaleb-Jean-Stephan-Kanaan-Bawji-Tabet-Hoskin ,we have very good players ,we will do it hope that ,it will help us a lot in the next games if we top the Group !
    this game would be a good one, but i think korea would emerge the winner by a strong 3rd quarter..Lebanon will win this one if their inside game will going to start strong, then their shooters would be left open..however, if the big guys of korean will be able to withstand the biggies of lebanon, then that's it for lebanon coz in the wings, korean has a very fast players to cover all your shooters..

Quote Originally Posted by macan77 View Post
    this game would be a good one, but i think korea would emerge the winner by a strong 3rd quarter..Lebanon will win this one if their inside game will going to start strong, then their shooters would be left open..however, if the big guys of korean will be able to withstand the biggies of lebanon, then that's it for lebanon coz in the wings, korean has a very fast players to cover all your shooters..
    i have a feeling that korea's big men will have the worst time of their lives playing against us, specially that lame excuse for a basketball panda Ha
    with the fast tempo we'll be playing and our fast breaks he'll barely make it through the 1st quarter,coach ghassan knows that Ha is useless on offense and okay on defense if he's in place for this reason he'll adapt a fast tempo limiting Ha's effectiveness (he needs a minute to run the court).
    on defense our team can again limit the big Ha with the full court press and pressuring the undersized korean PG,
    bottom line,if we can adapt a fast tempo limiting the korean's slow inside game,and pressure their PG and control the tempo the game will be in our hands

i have a feeling that korea's big men will have the worst time of their lives playing against us, specially that lame excuse for a basketball panda Ha
    with the fast tempo we'll be playing and our fast breaks he'll barely make it through the 1st quarter,coach ghassan knows that Ha is useless on offense and okay on defense if he's in place for this reason he'll adapt a fast tempo limiting Ha's effectiveness (he needs a minute to run the court).
    on defense our team can again limit the big Ha with the full court press and pressuring the undersized korean PG,
    bottom line,if we can adapt a fast tempo limiting the korean's slow inside game,and pressure their PG and control the tempo the game will be in our hands
    are you sure you were watching the korean game? koreans slow? where did you get that idea? beside Ha is not their star player..if you are concentrating on Ha, then it would be a short nite for your team..anyway, i know your coach knows the weakness of koreans and its not only Ha..koreans can bench Ha and still could win the game against you..that's how useless Ha could be sometime..and please don't tell me that you need to up the tempo of the game to beat the koreans..coz you would be playing their game..you need to slow the game and throw the ball inside to make their power forwards play hard defense and in foul trouble..coz its their power forwards who are good and could shoot the threes..

Quote Originally Posted by macan77 View Post
    are you sure you were watching the korean game? koreans slow? where did you get that idea? beside Ha is not their star player..if you are concentrating on Ha, then it would be a short nite for your team..anyway, i know your coach knows the weakness of koreans and its not only Ha..koreans can bench Ha and still could win the game against you..that's how useless Ha could be sometime..and please don't tell me that you need to up the tempo of the game to beat the koreans..coz you would be playing their game..you need to slow the game and throw the ball inside to make their power forwards play hard defense and in foul trouble..coz its their power forwards who are good and could shoot the threes..
    i said speeding up the tempo to limit their inside game and Ha
    plus,i've seen their starting Pg,he's undersized and less than impressive,if we shut them down,and Ha (the only pure center), the game will be in our hands.
    Position 1 and 5 are the most sensitive positions and once those are handled the game is in hand

i said speeding up the tempo to limit their inside game and Ha
    plus,i've seen their starting Pg,he's undersized and less than impressive,if we shut them down,and Ha (the only pure center), the game will be in our hands.
    Position 1 and 5 are the most sensitive positions and once those are handled the game is in hand
    i think you are not listening to macan. you are correct that you have advantage in height in point guard but that's it. korean PG up to the PF shoots 3s. that's what he meant by saying get their power forwards in foul trouble especially that Kim which by far is one of their stars. they can even utilize one of their Power forwards as centers and there you go, everyone is shooting 3s. if the koreans control the defensive boards then that's it, they can ran and stop and shoot in the 3s or perimeter. now tell me, is that easy to defend? you can neutralize it by slowing the game, and shoot the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    i think you are not listening to macan. you are correct that you have advantage in height in point guard but that's it. korean PG up to the PF shoots 3s. that's what he meant by saying get their power forwards in foul trouble especially that Kim which by far is one of their stars. they can even utilize one of their Power forwards as centers and there you go, everyone is shooting 3s. if the koreans control the defensive boards then that's it, they can ran and stop and shoot in the 3s or perimeter. now tell me, is that easy to defend? you can neutralize it by slowing the game, and shoot the ball well.
    Hi ASB welcome along
    two players from the Lebanese side don't shoot 3s only 2.
    Most of the followers they will be shocked by the change of style of our side in this tournament.
    Remember we don't have big names anymore. It's more like the new approach from our head coach to build a new team based on team work and not on individuals.
    It's obvious the change in our system as the team can play exactly similar to the opposition or back to the routs and slowing down the pace regarding the score.
    However i still believe that Korea has a slight advantage on us at this moment because of our lack of preparations.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    you're also forgetting that all our lebanese starting lineup can shoot the 3s without any exception and at very high percentages too,
    our PG,SG,SF, even our PF and our C are all 3 pt experts,so i guess that we have an advantage in that field, add to that that our 1-2-3 are all excellent defenders, are all very fast, plus are 4-5 are also renown for their defense (hoskin was voted defensive player of the russian league or euroleague i'm not sure).
    So to sum it up: Height, we have the advantage.
    -long range shooting: we also have the advantage.
    -PG: we have a distinct advantage and that allows us to control the tempo of the game (this is a fatal advantage).
    -speed and stamina: all are players our young and can give stable performances for 40 mins
    -under the basket: i dont think we will have any problem with tabet and hoskin under the basket (both averaged 15 rpg in the lebanese and iranian leagues respectively).
    Plus our coach is very well renown for his defensive strategies, he can easily deal with any sharpshooting team and he has done times and times again in our league.

you're also forgetting that all our lebanese starting lineup can shoot the 3s without any exception and at very high percentages too,
    our PG,SG,SF, even our PF and our C are all 3 pt experts,so i guess that we have an advantage in that field, add to that that our 1-2-3 are all excellent defenders, are all very fast, plus are 4-5 are also renown for their defense (hoskin was voted defensive player of the russian league or euroleague i'm not sure).
    So to sum it up: Height, we have the advantage.
    -long range shooting: we also have the advantage.
    -PG: we have a distinct advantage and that allows us to control the tempo of the game (this is a fatal advantage).
    -speed and stamina: all are players our young and can give stable performances for 40 mins
    -under the basket: i dont think we will have any problem with tabet and hoskin under the basket (both averaged 15 rpg in the lebanese and iranian leagues respectively).
    Plus our coach is very well renown for his defensive strategies, he can easily deal with any sharpshooting team and he has done times and times again in our league.
    with this analysis, you should beat Korea easily..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast