Thread: Day 1, Group B: Iran 49-37 Chinese Taipei; Uzbekistan 27-12 Qatar

Default Day 1, Group B: Iran 49-37 Chinese Taipei; Uzbekistan 27-12 Qatar

* All time local (UTC/GMT +8)

Iran 49-37 Chinese Taipei 11AM Wuhan Stadium
    Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/G...1914214916.PDF
    IRI: Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 18p 6r
    TPE: Wu Tai-Hao 15p 7r

Qatar 12-27 Uzbekistan 6PM Hongshan Stadium
    *** Qatar loses by default after 5 players getting suspended for eligibility issues and 4 others fouling out 6 minutes into the first quarter. ***
    Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/G...1191544244.PDF
    UZB: Evgeniy Shatrov 10p
    QAT: Saad Abdulrahman 8p
    Last edited by sinobball; 09-15-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    aim low, score high

Iran are defending champions, therefore I expect them to win their first game, since it is supposed to be an easy encounter.

Qatar are current Gulf Cup champions and they seem to care more about basketball than other countries in the region, so they should have a side good enough to overcome their first opponents.

My winners are obviously Iran and Qatar.

easy game for Qatar, though matchup for Iran,but they should have no problem dealing with chinese tapei, i would asses the chances of CT against Iran at 20%, nonetheless, i expect a blowout by Qatar and a -15 win for Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese phoenix View Post
    easy game for Qatar, though matchup for Iran,but they should have no problem dealing with chinese tapei, i would asses the chances of CT against Iran at 20%, nonetheless, i expect a blowout by Qatar and a -15 win for Iran.
    I see Iran winning all three games.. could never be too sure though

I would not rule out Uzbekistan, they are looking good.. picked up some Russian pros :P

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    I see Iran winning all three games.. could never be too sure though

I would not rule out Uzbekistan, they are looking good.. picked up some Russian pros :P
    which pros do you mean and in which club do they play?

Iran and Qatar will emerge victorious against Chinese Taipei and Uzbekistan respectively.

that IR before Iran in the title is just annoying did you ever see Iranian users here use this ?

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    that IR before Iran in the title is just annoying did you ever see Iranian users here use this ?
    Look this is not meant to be political, just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Or, start a revolution if you must.

If these guys can wear it, there is no reason why you can't stand it if you are supporting them.
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    Look this is not meant to be political,
    yes sure !

just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey.
    really ?
    like this one ?
    http://china2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/...5/profile.html
    or
    http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...5/profile.html
    or
    http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...5/profile.html

If you don't like it, just ignore it.
    Of course I will, especially now. but You could ignore my post too, why you didn't ? actually I didn't write it for getting answer. I just said what I felt.

Or, start a revolution if you must.
    sure, Thank you for reminding us.

If these guys can wear it, there is no reason why you can't stand it if you are supporting them.
    this is really unfortunate
    but Yes they can, maybe they are stronger than me, or maybe because they love their country and they want to play for their country at all cost, maybe they have no other choice , I should do the same no doubt. but here I have another choice, and it's really simple.

Look this is not meant to be political, just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Or, start a revolution if you must.

Yes please take the IR from the beginning of the country please. I think we here must accept the will of the majority of the Iranians. So don't look at what competition organizers come up with,look at what the people are willing to be.

OT:

And thanks for reminding us for a revolution. With the direct support of your beloved country and politicians of these jerks ruling our country,we have a hard way to go through such revolutions Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by behzadir View Post
    Yes please take the IR from the beginning of the country please. I think we here must accept the will of the majority of the Iranians. So don't look at what competition organizers come up with,look at what the people are willing to be.
    dude, even FIBA uses Iran.
    I posted many links, now see this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPuWiaSD48g

Our Football NT wears the "IR" on jersey but still FIFA uses Iran. this is different case than Czech Republic or Dominican Republic.

all normal people use Iran. you can see 2007/2009 Asian Champs and 2010 World Champs sections in this forum.

ok forget it, his point is clear, mine too.

Iran vs CT is one game that I'm curious with. I want to see how strong they will be. I expect Iran to win but CT will not go without a fight.

Qatar should win vs Uzbekistan unless the latter will put up some surprises. I have not seen their NT play this year so I don't know what to expect from them.
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

2nd straight time that Iran and CT will play against each other in their first game.

In the early stages of the game, Chinese Taipei will hang on tough because Iran will try to give time to Bharami and Arsalan, but in late 2nd quarter or early 3rd quarter, Iran will find their rhythm and will win easily. Qatar should win this easily even if not too much minutes on their star player Ngombo..

Taipei goes into the game as 15.5 underdogs-- watch out for that number as the refs tries to make this a close affair
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Expecting a similar game to Syria/Jordan ... Taiwan has always been a problem for Iran

Iran by +10

No one in the Chinese Taipei lineup can match up with Haddadi one-on-one. I expect Iran to post him up a lot then wait for the double team and pass it to a cutter or kick it out to an outside shooter. Iran has too many weapons. They should win this by at least 25.

Qatar-Uzbekistan should be exciting. I suspect the Uzbeks will make it a close game until midway through the third, and get the boards until that point. However, Qatar will prove to be the deeper team. I say a 20-point win for them.
    Keep running, big boy.

1st game jitters for both teams, Iran ahs been known for playing flat in their first match eversince 2007 and recently the Jones Cup

Having Tseng and Wu at the same time against iran: a suicide
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I'm appalled at how low this level of play is, especially after watching Eurobasket games earlier today. Teams like Finland would destroy the teams I've seen so far. It seems like there's no discipline in the game. Why is Hadaddi allowed to dribble all around and shoot 3s?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast