Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas - Day 11 (Finals & Third Place)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament All Stars team:

Luis Scola (ARG) MVP
    Manu Ginobili (ARG)
    Marcelinho Huertas (BR)
    Carlos Arroyo (PUR)
    Al Horford (DOM)

Comment

Originally posted by asdzas View Post
      Congrats to Argentina, altought is ''sad'' to see a great team, like they were, in the end of their prime. Playing at home, and with all their players, they had a lot of trouble to beat all the other teams who missed a lot of important players.Let's see what they can do next year...If they play like this, not much.

Brazil...well, we improved a lot with Magnano, good defense, playing like a team..and I know that Nene, Leandrinho, Varejão don't deserve to be on the team(only Varejao deserves it), but without them we have no chance against top teams, no chance at all...let's see what Magnano will decide about them.
      I dont want to see Nene on the team. The rumours were, that he took "enhancement pills" and faked an injury back then to be not included in Istanbul, otherwise he would have tested positive. (That comes from tow Brazilian journalists that I've met there).

Varejao is always good for the Olympics. If the Russian cheerleaders going to be there as well, he will be scoring a lot in their bed-room. Same with Leandrinho

Marcelinho Machado was the X-factor to me. Great clutch shooter. And no young gun. Also, Hettsheimer did a great job, he is the future of Brazilian hoops.

Dominicans on the other hand should change the coach and get someone, that knows the international game. Playing man-to-man defense on weak legs...

I from Wisconsin!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post

Luis Scola (ARG) MVP
        Manu Ginobili (ARG)
        Marcelinho Huertas (BR)
        Carlos Arroyo (PUR)
        Al Horford (DOM)

Replace Horford with Martinez. I think he did the most for DR.

I from Wisconsin!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
          I dont want to see Nene on the team. The rumours were, that he took "enhancement pills" and faked an injury back then to be not included in Istanbul, otherwise he would have tested positive. (That comes from tow Brazilian journalists that I've met there).

Varejao is always good for the Olympics. If the Russian cheerleaders going to be there as well, he will be scoring a lot in their bed-room. Same with Leandrinho

Marcelinho Machado was the X-factor to me. Great clutch shooter. And no young gun. Also, Hettsheimer did a great job, he is the future of Brazilian hoops.

Dominicans on the other hand should change the coach and get someone, that knows the international game. Playing man-to-man defense on weak legs...
          I saw the moment he injured his back..if he faked he is a very good actor hahaha..but I don't want him on team too..but I know he is our best best player. Some players like Alex Garcia are very clear..they don't want him on the team..some others leave the door open for his comeback. The players already said they count on Leandrinho and Varejão for next year.

The man who will make the decision about Nene, is Magnano...let's see what he will do..The most important thing is to do what is the best for the future of brazilian baskeball..That Nene is an idiot, no doubt about it...but if the team wants to compete with the best, they need him. Splitter played very poorly this tournament. Lot of injured players..Varejão,Leandrinho, Murilo Becker..new players like Larry Tayor(very talented PG,who just got his brazilian citizenship)..and Nene..Magnano will have some tough decisions to do.

I think they should give Callipari another chance..he improved their attitude as a team..and he will learn how to play international game. They lack some depth to rotate the team.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post

Luis Scola (ARG) MVP
            Manu Ginobili (ARG)
            Marcelinho Huertas (BR)
            Carlos Arroyo (PUR)
            Al Horford (DOM)
            Vasquez didn't make the team
            Scolas mvp
            ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post

the other history, its Nene's american wife had problems with her passport to get into Turkey...

its an rumor, no one know exactly about this.... but he was not injuried, this is 100% true.

with him, we could finished in 1st Group position in WC, and made semi-finals against Lithuania... buuuuuuuuuuut, this is the life, idiot problems, questions... and who lose with this is us, fans, supporters of brazilian basketball... more white hairs!

Calipari was fine, did a good job, better than last coach did in 2009.

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
              Vasquez didn't make the team
              Scolas mvp
              agreed... Vasquez out not was fine to me too.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information