Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emir Prelzic story, or does FIBA has to answer to somebody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puting all politics, players wishes and biased coments this is serius question

this is sample where FIBA break their own rules and defenetly questions their fairness

let say mirotic sings for olymiacos and gets greek passport. will he get free hands to go and play for greece? well, because of this move fiba would (or should) be force to let him go

or why souldn't croatia take durant and kobe in team?

ok, they don't have anything with croatia, you can have only 1 naturalized player, and bouth already played for USA. but fuck, rulse don't metter, and we could fit them perfectly in our team

so people can try to take this subject out of context, but fact is one organization break their own rules, and now this opens lot of posibiltys and questions
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
      It was their decision. None else could decided instead of them, but I believe there were some pressures on several players from the list...
      As far as I know (and I believe I know ) no one of them was ever asked to play in Greek NT. On the contrary, at least Stojakovic and Batiste (!!! he could acquire Greek nationality because he lives and works in Greece for many years) had expressed their desire to play for Greek NT.
      Greek federation has a constant principal against such tactics.

Comment

This is a disgrace to FIBA. Same as Bo mcaleb, jr holden, serge ibaka, thomas kelati and many more. SHAME

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
          puting all politics, players wishes and biased coments this is serius question

this is sample where FIBA break their own rules and defenetly questions their fairness

let say mirotic sings for olymiacos and gets greek passport. will he get free hands to go and play for greece? well, because of this move fiba would (or should) be force to let him go

or why souldn't croatia take durant and kobe in team?

ok, they don't have anything with croatia, you can have only 1 naturalized player, and bouth already played for USA. but fuck, rulse don't metter, and we could fit them perfectly in our team

so people can try to take this subject out of context, but fact is one organization break their own rules, and now this opens lot of posibiltys and questions
          Man if you manage to get Kobe and Durant i will only say well played

Comment

"A player who has played in a main official competition of FIBA (see article 2-1) after having reached his seventeen (17) birthday may not play for a national team of another country. However, in exceptional circumstances the Secretary General may authorise such a player to play for the national team of his country of origin if he is ineligible to play for such country according to this article 3-23 and if this is in the interest of development of basketball in this country. An administrative fee as stipulated in article 3-305 and decided by the Secretary General is payable to FIBA"

Well... for the "if he is ineligible to play for such country" part... They say Turkish Federation probably gave some money (about 300k) to Slovenian Federation but who cares??

Comment

but preldzic was in slovenian NT during the preolimpic four years ago?

Comment

1st: Emir is one of the indispensable players in FB, we want him to keep no matter what. So he DID NOT need Turkish passport in order to play for FB

2nd: Almost every team has a 1 neutralized player in TBL, because there's a ridiculuous rule - if we consider it as a rule(!) - that a player who plays 3 year in Turkey can obtain Turkish passport. There are many neutralized player in Turkey, but nobody except Emir was considered as a candidate for Turkish NT ( last year in newspapers its written that maybe Tarence Kinsey could be a candidate ) So his neutralization WAS NOT related with National Team, Fenerbahçe,we, wanted to use this ridiculuous rule for the good of team. Because of that Mrsic had to retire.

3rd: Governments, federations or etc cannot deprive of a person's citizenship without any crime he/she did it. So, someones could threat him, but cannot claim that he will lose his citizenship if he does not play for NT.

4th: No wonder he does not play for Turkish pride. Imo he wants to play for us because of money and reputation. Do you remember how much money our roster got from government last year ?
                https://twitter.com/#!/_twilost_
                !Fenerbahçe! #12 Damir Mrsiç
                !Dallas Mavericks! #41 "The Best European"

Comment

I think that it's a same old story about club+federation pressure on the naturalised player. If you wanna be counted as a naturalised player then play for our NT. It's the exactly same thing as it was in the cases of J.R. Holden, CSKA and our NT and is in the case of David Blu(thental), MTA and Israeli NT. I think that this sort of things characterise badly all sides involved - the player not brave enough to say "no" if he doesn't want to play for his "naturalised" NT, and the club and federation who want to force player to play for their NT "forgetting" that NT is only for those who not only want to play in it but also think of it as of a great honour and reponsibility. The main point here which make this odious situation especially ugly is that Preldzic was already naturalised by Slovenian NT and played for them in serious tournaments like, f.e., Olympic qualification. After that Emir said that he wants to play for his motherland BiH and that's a reasonable point and I think if we see him in this champ alongside Teletovic and Djedovic almost no one would complain (no would I at least ). It's the same thing as in the case of Ermal Kurtoglu and Turkey/Albania national teams and it's the most reasonable and morally right situation if we considering NT-change. But Bosnian federation seemed to haven't enough money and desire for the instituonalised bribe to FIBA in the form of buy-out. So suddenly Turkish BB federation appears and... we all know that turks and bribes are two things inseparable I think that Emir is at least very decent player but this style of his behaviour makes me think of him as of personality in rather negative light. Shame on him! And all sides involved (greedy FIBA included).
                  2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

preldzic's interview

few hours ago preldzic was on the Turkish tv replying the questions about this issue. he said the interview published on slovenian media was misunderstanding, he had said before that he didn't want to play any national team after declined to play for Bosnian NT. he added that now he's very happy to be at the Turkish NT and he is like playing for a long time with the other players.
                    "All hostilities come from unnecessary generalizations"
                    Carl Gustav Jung

Comment

can someone explain how the hell he was approved to
                      play for our NT, while he was rejected to play for Bosnian NT?

this topic has a good point and I admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
                        can someone explain how the hell he was approved to
                        play for our NT, while he was rejected to play for Bosnian NT?

this topic has a good point and I admit that.
                        exactly

him, his fealings, his interwives doesn't matter.

fiba fucked them self and something needs to be done
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Just check out my previous post... FIBA needed some kinda document from Slovenian Basketball Federation which says he is ineligible to play for Slovenian NT..

Probably they asked some money in order to give it from Bosnian BF.. they couldnt(or didnt) pay it... After that Emir got Turkish passport(after playin 3 years in Turkey he earns that right.). Tanjevic asked him to play for Turkish NT. As Tanjevic was both Turkish NT and Fenerbahce coach he easily convinced him.. And probably Turkish Basketball Federation paid some money(rumors says its 300k euros) to Slovenian side in order to get that document...

Comment

I wonder if preldzic hasn't played very well, would they have claimed that he was forced to play? Probably not.
                            EFES PILSEN 2012-2013

Gordon - Tunceri - Balbay
                            Farmar - Guler
                            Shipp - Vujacic - Batuk
                            Savanovic - Gonlum
                            Erden - Barac - Kuqo - Batista

Comment

Yes, we are forcing him at pistol point before the games begin because his performance is great, he is the best of the team while he is on the court.
                              The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

Originally posted by HikenNoAce View Post
                                Just check out my previous post... FIBA needed some kinda document from Slovenian Basketball Federation which says he is ineligible to play for Slovenian NT..

Probably they asked some money in order to give it from Bosnian BF.. they couldnt(or didnt) pay it... After that Emir got Turkish passport(after playin 3 years in Turkey he earns that right.). Tanjevic asked him to play for Turkish NT. As Tanjevic was both Turkish NT and Fenerbahce coach he easily convinced him.. And probably Turkish Basketball Federation paid some money(rumors says its 300k euros) to Slovenian side in order to get that document...
                                this answer is quite satisfying to me.
                                so lets stop the threatening bullshit and keep watching
                                his great performance in Turkish NT.
                                seems that slovenian and turkish BF made an agreement
                                within FIBA regulations. other than that I guess it would
                                be impossible for him to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information