Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emir Prelzic story, or does FIBA has to answer to somebody?

Default Emir Prelzic story, or does FIBA has to answer to somebody?

This story was discussed somewhere in a less noticeable places and I think this issue deserves a separate topic.

From what I read, and please somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Prelzic denied in the past to play for Slovenia because he said that he is Bosnian and wished to play for Bosnia, but FIBA refused him this right because he had played for Slovenia's young teams.

Now he plays for Turkey, and is doing very well.

There are two questions
    1. Why does he want to play for Turkey if he feels as Bosnian
    2. (more important) Why FIBA allowed him to play for Turkey and not for Bosnia before, especially that he is Bosnian and ex-Yugoslavia region have "special case" that could be considered.

Is money involved?
    Are other Federation knows the reason but don't want to confront FIBA?
    Considering also the decision about extending the tournament to 24 teams after the qualification was played I'm asking myself, do we, the fans, should realize that basketball is not a very profitable business and that if we want the show to go on, we should except that it's not all fair.
    And I won't get into the issue of referee role in certain games I've seen, because it's more subjective issue even that it seemed very clear to me....

p.s.
    I like very much Prelzic's game, and used to watch Fener's games for seeing him playing (also posed here a video of him). But now he really have lost my respect.

FB Connect

what a provoke topic..

ıf u check Emir twitter.what he said.

rille55 Emir Preldzic
    just to make sure,i didnt say those words.

He like to play with us and he is happy now.ıt's very ridicilouse topic

FB Connect

http://litvanya2011.sporx.com/haber/247333.php

here is also news,Emir says when ı hear that ı got so sad.bcs ı didnt say it.I have been here long time ,ı have good friends here.

Preldzic forced to play for Turkey, interview made for Slovenian media two days ago.

http://bit.ly/qaZAnH

Want to make it clear again, not just Turkey attract players to play for passport.
    The Maccedonian McCaleb story is not different. Also Blu who played for Israel, even that wasn't forced (he got the passport automatically for being a Jew a long time before), he felt that fans and the team expect him to play.
    This is not the issue, each country's inner matters should not bother me.

The issue is FIBA! FIBA, not Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by ZizzitSlo View Post
    Preldzic forced to play for Turkey, interview made for Slovenian media two days ago.

http://bit.ly/qaZAnH
    what a ridiculous news. How can you force an adult professional sportsmen to play for a country, against his will!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Ylistaro View Post
    what a ridiculous news. How can you force an adult professional sportsmen to play for a country!!??
    He got a big time contract extension in Fenerbahce due to his new Turkish citizenship. Federation apparently threatened him that they will somehow take away his Turkish citizenship if he doesn't play for them. He said this for an interview for a well respected sports portal and journalist here in Slovenia. Of course the story blew up and now he is denying he said those words.

http://www.siol.net/sportal/sportal_...prisilili.aspx

Default Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    Don't bother.. 90% will probably see it's an Israeli that opened a thread about Turkey, won't read even one line and will blame you for provocating
    +5 Quoted for truth...I bet you're right.

Thing is this subject is not significantly different than other illegal or suspicious naturalization issues. So why not post in the other Naturalization thread? Maybe post it in the Turkey NT thread. Why this "new" thread? Hmmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Deleted
    I'd start talking about Kurds, and some other things, but I just think you're trying to get this thread closed or moved to the political section of the forums.

Anyway, I didn't see this reaction from the Turks about the "bullshit" (not my words btw) news from turkish media about the referees and the greek federation. But I guess that could help future games of your team, so, they're ok.

but if he played for Slovenia with the youngs how fiba let him play for Turkey?

imagine Greece with the Hellenized players(Tarlac,Tomic.Gurovic,Jaric ,Stojakovic,Nesterovic,Vuksevic) noone played ,i don;t know if it was our decision or somebody else but we had the right to play for Greek national team.

IMHO is useless to speak (write&read) about Preldžić subject.

He knows what, how, when and how he decided to play for Turkish NT and if he feels O.K. with that than for us - fans the story should be closed.

I wish to Preldžić all the best and so you all should too.
    MI LAHKO !

andw77 wrote:

"I really look forward to see Slovenia in Katowice on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If that is the case, I'll try to wear something green Kto nie skacze, nie Słoweniec, hej hej hej "

Quote Originally Posted by elaj View Post
    He got a big time contract extension in Fenerbahce due to his new Turkish citizenship. Federation apparently threatened him that they will somehow take away his Turkish citizenship if he doesn't play for them. He said this for an interview for a well respected sports portal and journalist here in Slovenia. Of course the story blew up and now he is denying he said those words.

http://www.siol.net/sportal/sportal_...prisilili.aspx
    Well if he did because of big time contract=lots of money, u cant say forcing anymore right?and seemingly not because of Turkish passport since he wanted to play for another country(Slovenia, BIH or Bahamas), keeping Turkish passport should not be big deal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze Lupin View Post
    +5 Quoted for truth...I bet you're right.

Thing is this subject is not significantly different than other illegal or suspicious naturalization issues. So why not post in the other Naturalization thread? Maybe post it in the Turkey NT thread. Why this "new" thread? Hmmmmm......
    This is different because he played for Slovenia and because of that wasn't allowed by the same FIBA to play for Bosnia.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PieR View Post
    IMHO is useless to speak (write&read) about Preldžić subject.

He knows what, how, when and how he decided to play for Turkish NT and if he feels O.K. with that than for us - fans the story should be closed.

I wish to Preldžić all the best and so you all should too.
    +10 for being positive!!

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    but if he played for Slovenia with the youngs how fiba let him play for Turkey?

imagine Greece with the Hellenized players(Tarlac,Tomic.Gurovic,Jaric ,Stojakovic,Nesterovic,Vuksevic) noone played ,i don;t know if it was our decision or somebody else but we had the right to play for Greek national team.
    It was their decision. None else could decided instead of them, but I believe there were some pressures on several players from the list...

puting all politics, players wishes and biased coments this is serius question

this is sample where FIBA break their own rules and defenetly questions their fairness

let say mirotic sings for olymiacos and gets greek passport. will he get free hands to go and play for greece? well, because of this move fiba would (or should) be force to let him go

or why souldn't croatia take durant and kobe in team?

ok, they don't have anything with croatia, you can have only 1 naturalized player, and bouth already played for USA. but fuck, rulse don't metter, and we could fit them perfectly in our team

so people can try to take this subject out of context, but fact is one organization break their own rules, and now this opens lot of posibiltys and questions
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
    It was their decision. None else could decided instead of them, but I believe there were some pressures on several players from the list...
    As far as I know (and I believe I know ) no one of them was ever asked to play in Greek NT. On the contrary, at least Stojakovic and Batiste (!!! he could acquire Greek nationality because he lives and works in Greece for many years) had expressed their desire to play for Greek NT.
    Greek federation has a constant principal against such tactics.

This is a disgrace to FIBA. Same as Bo mcaleb, jr holden, serge ibaka, thomas kelati and many more. SHAME

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    puting all politics, players wishes and biased coments this is serius question

this is sample where FIBA break their own rules and defenetly questions their fairness

let say mirotic sings for olymiacos and gets greek passport. will he get free hands to go and play for greece? well, because of this move fiba would (or should) be force to let him go

or why souldn't croatia take durant and kobe in team?

ok, they don't have anything with croatia, you can have only 1 naturalized player, and bouth already played for USA. but fuck, rulse don't metter, and we could fit them perfectly in our team

so people can try to take this subject out of context, but fact is one organization break their own rules, and now this opens lot of posibiltys and questions
    Man if you manage to get Kobe and Durant i will only say well played

"A player who has played in a main official competition of FIBA (see article 2-1) after having reached his seventeen (17) birthday may not play for a national team of another country. However, in exceptional circumstances the Secretary General may authorise such a player to play for the national team of his country of origin if he is ineligible to play for such country according to this article 3-23 and if this is in the interest of development of basketball in this country. An administrative fee as stipulated in article 3-305 and decided by the Secretary General is payable to FIBA"

Well... for the "if he is ineligible to play for such country" part... They say Turkish Federation probably gave some money (about 300k) to Slovenian Federation but who cares??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast