No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas - Day 10 (Medal Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to the dominicans, you guys deserve the bronce medal , puerto rico obviously didn't came to play tonigh! ...it was embarrassing honestly the way they played.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GustavoGanso View Post
      man

please don't talk crap

we won the final against complete Puerto Rico in his own home (2009) without Marquinhos and Nene Hilario.

that Brazil had a big internal problems, don't compare 2007 with 2011, today the team is WAY BETTER than that.
      And Puerto Rico didnt have Barea, Peavy or Balkman

How am I talking crap about you guys, I went there with facts not BS.

Yes, big internal problems as in bad coach.
      Originally posted by J-Mart
      the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tres equis View Post
        Congratulations to the dominicans, you guys deserve the bronce medal , puerto rico obviously didn't came to play tonigh! ...it was embarrassing honestly the way they played.
        The first half was embarrasing, second half the lead was reduced from 28 to 9. So they tried
        the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDW View Post
          Arroyo was the best player in this tournament (for Puerto Rico) and you say he doesn't add much to the team?

PJ Ramos - Starting C in 2010

Angel Vasallo - Starting SG in 2010

Carmelo Lee - Starting SF in 2010

Nathan Peavy - Best PF in 2010 but Manolo decided to start Ricky Sanchez who should not even be in this team

Guillermo Diaz - Back up PG/SG in 2010

David Huertas - Back up SG in 2010

And actually there 6 players not 5
          JGX probably still remembers Arroyo's crossover on Struddlemire.

Lee and Ricky shouldnt even be in Team A. Diaz should have been in this team as he is better than Mojica, but I would put Holland over him in the London Olympics.

Everybody else we really need, especially Vassallo since were not living or dying from three pointers anymore.

Andres Rodríguez is the real MVP of this tournament though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
            Dude against T&T we where without half of the team, not to mention the bad conditions on the court practically made it a 50-50 game.
            The only guys you were missing that saw major playing time in the WC were Lee (who sucks), and Vassallo (how'd he do in France last season?), who's okay. Plus you had superstar Arroyo to balance out their absences...Arroyo/Barea/Ramos all played 35+ minutes.

Originally posted by TDW
            rroyo was the best player in this tournament (for Puerto Rico) and you say he doesn't add much to the team?
            Was it his 2-9 against Brazil in the last group game? Or his 6-17 in the semifinal? You can't seriously say that they played any worse at the WC last year once he got injured.
            Originally posted by Fedfan
            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
            Originally posted by GuTO
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post

Was it his 2-9 against Brazil in the last group game? Or his 6-17 in the semifinal? You can't seriously say that they played any worse at the WC last year once he got injured.
              The tournament wasn't just 2 games, they played 10 games. Against Brazil nobody played well, Alamo and Balkman got their points in garbage time. Against Argentina he didn't shoot very well but played better defense than Barea and kept the team under control (as much as possible) while Barea on most games took bad shots ( Arroyo also tooks some bad shots but not as many).

Last year we lost by 9 against Ivory Coast and just won 1 game the whole tournament. Yes we played better even when we were missing 6 players of the WBC team. A center like PJ Ramos and shooters like Vasallo and Lee make life easier for PGs like Arroyo and Barea, we had none of that in this tournament.

Comment

Dont know about you guys, but I think JM Martinez was even better than Al "I'm trying to shoot one footed like Dirk" Horford in this tournament. Probably a big head-case, but a great player to me. Villanueva on the other hand...and the coach is also a joke. Man-to-man against Brazil...and Garcia guards the guards...smh

I from Wisconsin!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Brasil, does better without their NBA's stars.

Puerto Rico: Missed their frontcourt starters:

Carmelo Lee sf, should not be back in the team, his replacer should be John Holland who perform very well in his international debut.

Nathan Peavey PF

Peter John Ramos P

Back up foward, who should become the starting small forward, Angel Vasallo.

Sg David Huertas

Big man, Angel Luis Garcia, who has to be in the team from now on.

Others that could have a big shot for the America's Tournament are: Richard Chaney and Ramon Clemente.

Guillermo Diaz, should be at least in this tournament of America, even he is not set for the qualifier next year.

Others with chances to make the team next year are:

Mike Rosario, Jorge Brian Diaz and Victor Davila.

We had five important players missing (Peavey, Ramos, Vasallo, Huertas and Garcia) that should be in the team for this America's tournament.

Comment

Mike Rosario, Jorge Brian Diaz, Victor Davila (this three players did not receive permision from their NCAA college, but if they were given permision they would make the team), Richard Chaney and Ramon Clemente should be in this team that went to the America's Tournament if they show up to practice. In this team, they should be in for Javier Mojica, Alejandro Carmona, Manuel Narvaez , Alex Galindo and Ricky Sanchez.

This team will be looking like this:

JJ Barea 5"10"
                    Andres Rodriguez 5"10"
                    Carlos Arroyo 6"2"
                    Mike Rosario 6"3"
                    John Holland 6"6"
                    Richard Chaney 6"5"
                    Ramon Clemente 6"6"
                    Renaldo Balkman 6"7"
                    Daniel Santiago 7"1"
                    Jorge Brian Diaz 6"11"
                    Victor Davila 6"8"
                    Angel Alamo 6"9"

This team was even better than the one we sent.

Comment

every team epcet for Venezuela, Cuba, Paraguay and Argentina was missing a lot of players including Brazil
                      one thing to consider is that you can only have 12 players on your roters
                      ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Silvio A, Rick Apodaca was an excellent basketball player but he already past his prime.

You r right, Horford, but Puerto Rico was the team that was missing the most players.
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I dont think Puerto Rico would have done better with the missing players. There are too many ego's to be pleased in the team. Lee, Peavy, Ramos, G.Diaz, Vassallo, Huertas...they all want playing time. And you cant have a 12-man-rotation. BTW: Rosario tore his ACL in Brazil. Dont think that he will be back in time for the senior national team. Even if, he wont play, since he has to play college first.

I from Wisconsin!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Mojado, it was not Rosario who get hurt in Brasil, it was Fontan.

Its true about the egos of those players, but still in talent they are better than the ones who substitute them. Except Ramos, I still think that there are better choices than him for the national team.

If the players with their ego's can sacrifice for the team, then there would be big chances not only to win the qualifier but go big in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by cardenales View Post
                              Mojado, it was not Rosario who get hurt in Brasil, it was Fontan.

Its true about the egos of those players, but still in talent they are better than the ones who substitute them. Except Ramos, I still think that there are better choices than him for the national team.

If the players with their ego's can sacrifice for the team, then there would be big chances not only to win the qualifier but go big in the olympics.
                              If we are taking about egos, I would say that Huertas, Vassallo, and Peavy would have no problem with their role.

Arroyo
                              Barea
                              Balkman
                              Ramos

Are the guys to worry about.

On court, well, the WC 2010 team averaged 16 assists per game against better competition. The FA 2011 averaged 15 assists per game, inluding 7 in the most important game of the Tournament against Argentina, so I dont think there will be much difference.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information