No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas - Day 7 (Second Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry to say this, but I hope that Santiago stays out.

Comment

Apparently Santiago is out for the rest of the tournament.

Jack Michael is playing so I think he is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
        great another injury, and Jack Michael is limping

ok I give up, see you in the Olimpic Qualifier
        What makes you think both of us are going? If Puerto Rico can somehow beat both of you, and Argentina beat you guys too, wouldnt DR and Brazil be tied and the fact that you beat Brazil make them get 4th place?

Everybody happy then! Except brazilians of course.
        Originally posted by J-Mart
        the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
          What makes you think both of us are going? If Puerto Rico can somehow beat both of you, and Argentina beat you guys too, wouldnt DR and Brazil be tied and the fact that you beat Brazil make them get 4th place?

Everybody happy then! Except brazilians of course.
          I never said that Puerto Rico was going to the Olympic qualifier. I said I we'll see "you" as in : you guys or you all, or you users of interbasket forum who follow this section of the website.

get it?
          ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

I never said that Puerto Rico was going to the Olympic qualifier. I said I we'll see "you" as in : you guys or you all, or you users of interbasket forum who follow this section of the website.

get it?
            I think I did, but can you describe what you just said with pictures, just in case?

Kidding

**** I wanted to get our 2nd gold medal in Argentina and fourth overall, but if it was a possibility with Santiago, now it will be practically impossible with our 3rd string center starting.
            the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry, missed the Baez injury. Is he out for the whole tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
                Sorry, missed the Baez injury. Is he out for the whole tournament?
                he is day to day with calf pain. he didn't play yesterday nor today. what I have heard is that he will not play untill the semifinals to rest him, so he will miss the next 2 game against Argentina and Puerto Rico and they will see if he can play in the semifinals but we don't know for sure if he is going to play or if he is going to recover on time.

I'm tell you, we should change that name on the jerseys from Rep. Dominicana to "General Hospital" or "*M*A*S*H"

now Jack and Cisco were limping a little bit after the game, but I don't think they will miss any game, they probably just need some ice.
                Last edited by Ciscorlie Horford; 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM.
                ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

he is day to day with calf pain. he didn't play yesterday nor today. what I have heard is that he will not play untill the semifinals to rest him, so he will miss the next 2 game against Argentina and Puerto Rico and they will see if he can play in the semifinals but we don't know for sure if he is going to play or if he is going to recover on time.

I'm tell you, we should change that name on the jerseys from Rep. Dominicana to "General Hospital" or "S*M*A*S*H"

now Jack and Cisco were limping a little bit after the game, but I don't think they will miss any game, they probably just need some ice.
                  DR just needs to go on "Quisqueyano Warrior" mode

Good news for us, apparently Danny could play for us against Brazil or in the semifinals

http://www.primerahora.com/nopierden...ue-548146.html

Danny is definetly on "Guerrero Borincano" mode

WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR Santiago!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
                    Well I feel much better today now that Sosa is better.

On to day 2

Puerto Rico vs Canada = PR wins by 10

DR vs Uruguay = DR wins by 10

Argentina vs Venezuela = Argentina wins by 15

Brazil vs Panama = Brazil wins by 20

PR needs to make Canada pass the ball to their centers, a lot of their turnovers seem to come with their centers mishandling the ball. I mean, did you guys see that center commit an unforced turnover while he was just dribbling the ball? I bet a 3 year old could do that.
                    In watching Canada play both Argentina and PR now I have little to no faith in Canada's national team. Pluswithout Nash being around for them I'm just hoping things don't get outright humiliating for them. Sloppiness all around.

Comment

Why Joel Anthony did not played too much? injury? because he should make a nice match playing against PUR without Santiago.

Comment

Originally posted by GustavoGanso View Post
                        Why Joel Anthony did not played too much? injury? because he should make a nice match playing against PUR without Santiago.
                        I couldn't find anything for Anthony's stats today but so far in Canada's 6 games he's played 125 minutes and averaging 5 points per game and 5.3 rebounds. Not horrible but not great either. Here is a breakdown of his stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodeo Riot View Post
                          In watching Canada play both Argentina and PR now I have little to no faith in Canada's national team. Plus, without Nash being around for them I'm just hoping things don't get outright humiliating for them. Sloppiness all around.
                          Canada did tie the game against Puerto Rico with two minutes left. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Humiliation is too strong, but Canada has no excuse for finishing out of the top 4 in this competition.

Comment

I know you guys dont want to talk about injuries with a puertorican

We missing PJ Ramos, Peavy, Vassallo, Carmelo Lee and David Huertas due to injury, and Ayuso who got suspended.
                            sigpic

Comment

IBN MVP of the Day

Al Horford (Dominican Republic)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodeo Riot View Post
                                I couldn't find anything for Anthony's stats today but so far in Canada's 6 games he's played 125 minutes and averaging 5 points per game and 5.3 rebounds. Not horrible but not great either. Here is a breakdown of his stats.
                                http://www.mardelplata2011.com/en/ju...c=CAN&n=Canada
                                he had stomach problems... poop

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information