Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They have a good record in drafting and developing talents. Hopefully they'll pick someone who's also eligible for GILAS. The evil empire can have the ineligibles.
    Credit goes to Coach Caloy's team

I honestly hope they should draft someone like Brickman. So they could play Nambatac at his natural position the 2 spot. And Rosales is not a starting caliber point guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
      here's another snow bomb, lols

After losing in an individual award, one player claims to prioritize team.

Ok.

Kaya pala galit sayo mga teammate mo dahil bwaya ka, dahil nagmimintis ka pag end game na, dahil stats mo lang inuuna mo, dahil galit din sayo media, dahil di ka tatagal sa liga pagganyan ugali mo
      Tapang talaga nung snow bugok na to. Well if Al Chua can't put him on his place, then who else can?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
        Credit goes to Coach Caloy's team

I honestly hope they should draft someone like Brickman. So they could play Nambatac at his natural position the 2 spot. And Rosales is not a starting caliber point guard.
        if only all small market teams are like ROS,
        despite his poor in game adjustments and questionable rotations, Caloy is a good coach esp. at developing players

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
          if only all small market teams are like ROS,
          despite his poor in game adjustments and questionable rotations, Caloy is a good coach esp. at developing players
          Caloy's really an assistant coach for development. Yeng taught him well.

Alaska could probably be like ROS. Teng and Tratter are developing nicely. Eboña might develop into a good player as well.

Comment

• Yeah.

Caloy is not a winning coach. He is only a Developmental Coach.

Atleast Coach yeng in pba standards, are both able to win and develop. He improved Jeff Chan, Belga, Quinahan, and Norwood to a lesser extent. Paul Lee is the only player he got na magaling na talaga before being in his hands. He was able to win with a LESS TALENTED ROSTER COMPARED TO SMC AND MVP TEAMS.

Going back to Caloy, Yeah atleast he can contribute to gilas by developing players. We need it since he and his team are not under SMC.
            Tratter is really good. He can be a situational gilas replacement when our PF are unavailable

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
              PBA should just abolish D-League, absorb its financially-capable clubs (do the same with MPBL if it folds definitely), and create at least 2 more divisions with 10 teams each, with promotion-relegation between the 2 lower divisions (PBA top flight not included in this scheme because.. you know..). Those 2 lower division will serve as a feeder league, which will be a lot easier to stomach, unlike what we have with the current PBA today.
              Exactly. This will be a lot better for the PBA. It can be further improved if the top-flight is included. If you're not looking to compete, you deserve to go down. That may serve as a disincentive to just giving away top players.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                2015 is a strong draft class as well. Here are the notables in case they're unsigned by 2022:

Mo Tautuaa
                Troy Rosario
                Maverick Ahanmisi
                Chris Newsome
                Scottie Thompson
                Garvo Lanete
                Baser Amer
                Norbert Torres
                Art dela Cruz
                Glenn Khobuntin
                Kevin Racal
                Almond Vosotros
                Bradwyn Guinto
                Don Trollano
                Aljon Mariano
                Simon Enciso
                Marion Magat
                Jaypee Mendoza
                Michael Miranda
                Abel Galliguez
                Jansen Rios
                Roi Sumang
                Nico Elorde
                Mike DiGregorio
                Jerramy King
                Samboy de Leon
                Bong Galanza
                Galanza will still be eligible in 2022, as he signed a contract extension for only one year.

Comment

• Belga or Manuel at NLEX?

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/w...e_featured_big

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                    In a hypothetical situation wherein all teams would lend their players to the NT, which team would Navarro fit the best. I really would like see how Tim Cone would utilize Navarro. I think he could replicate what JDV did for Tim Cone's teams. If not Ginebra, I would like to see him play for ROS and become Norwood's understudy.

Off topic, whatever happened to Art Dela Cruz? When he was in San Beda, I thought he potential to be a NT member considering he's a good sized wing man with a high basketball IQ. I know injuries stalled his career but he has quite some time to recover.
                    Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    He got an unlucky string of injuries. As in sunod sunod. He looked like a SG NT candidate prior to his initial injury in BW.
                    Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                    Is he still recovering right now? Or is he just stuck on a loaded Ginebra team? Aljon and rookie Arvin are already ahead of him in Cone's rotation. I am still on the Art bandwagon and refuse to jump ship. Hehe. Hope he rejuvenates his career like how Justin Chua did at Phoenix.
                    Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    A little bit of both. It would be better if he goes to a rebuilding team or they trade one of their wings. Sayang sya
                    Yeah, Ginebra is overloaded with wings, they'll need to move some of them. Chan, Aljon, Dillinger, Arvin, Art. However, Dillinger and Chan are already aging. Art may get some minutes in the rotation once he gets healthy. Art's injury problems keep him out of the rotation. Look at the 2019 Governors' Cup. Art was in the main rotation, even with Brownlee. However, he got injured, and Dillinger replaced him in the rotation somewhat permanently.

Question is, who and to whom should Ginebra trade? They barely have any team needs other than probably a versatile 6'6" or above forward to replace JDV.

Comment

Yeah, Ginebra is overloaded with wings, they'll need to move some of them. Chan, Aljon, Dillinger, Arvin, Art. However, Dillinger and Chan are already aging. Art may get some minutes in the rotation once he gets healthy. Art's injury problems keep him out of the rotation. Look at the 2019 Governors' Cup. Art was in the main rotation, even with Brownlee. However, he got injured, and Dillinger replaced him in the rotation somewhat permanently.

Question is, who and to whom should Ginebra trade? They barely have any team needs other than probably a versatile 6'6" or above forward to replace JDV.
                      Judging by SMC'S trade track record, it's either Northport, Terrafirma, SMB, or Magnolia. Most probably as part of a lopsided deal. Hahaha

Where would be his best destination tho. Probably Phoenix. He could play behind Abueva and Perkins at the 3 and 4. Or maybe Meralco? But is Art and Black/Trillo (aka the 5 Peat coaching thrust) in good terms?

Comment

Judging by SMC'S trade track record, it's either Northport, Terrafirma, SMB, or Magnolia. Most probably as part of a lopsided deal. Hahaha

Where would be his best destination tho. Probably Phoenix. He could play behind Abueva and Perkins at the 3 and 4. Or maybe Meralco? But is Art and Black/Trillo (aka the 5 Peat coaching thrust) in good terms?
                        NorthPort and TerraFirma have an abundance of wings. NorthPort has Ferrer, Manganti, Taha, Grey, and Lanete. TerraFirma has Perez, Adams, Cahilig, and Khobuntin.

Maybe SMB or Magnolia can use him, as neither team has enough wings. SMB has only Marcio, Pessumal, and probably Arwind. Magnolia has Rome and Dionisio (if he really can be considered a wing). MERALCO's another team that has a tall wing problem. They could use him, but who will they trade to get him?

Phoenix, interesting destination. He can replace Intal and Napoles in Topex's lineup. Plus, Topex gets another ballhandler after Wright and Perkins.

Comment

NorthPort and TerraFirma have an abundance of wings. NorthPort has Ferrer, Manganti, Taha, Grey, and Lanete. TerraFirma has Perez, Adams, Cahilig, and Khobuntin.

Maybe SMB or Magnolia can use him, as neither team has enough wings. SMB has only Marcio, Pessumal, and probably Arwind. Magnolia has Rome and Dionisio (if he really can be considered a wing). MERALCO's another team that has a tall wing problem. They could use him, but who will they trade to get him?

Phoenix, interesting destination. He can replace Intal and Napoles in Topex's lineup. Plus, Topex gets another ballhandler after Wright and Perkins.
                          I doubt he ends up with Meralco. I just suggested that it would be a good landing spot. I doubt tho that Ginebra would deal an asset to the rival corp. Hehe

I thought about San Miguel but I'm not too sure Coach Leo would be the best coach for him. He's pretty set in his rotations so I think it would be the same situation for him over at San Miguel.

Yep, I agree. Phoenix I think would be perfect.

Realistically, I feel Art would probably dealt as part of an underwhelming package for a superstar. Maybe Art and Slaughter for Standhardinger. Terrafirma and Northport doesn't necesarilly make moves based on basketball logic. If you know what I mean $$$ haha

Comment

I doubt he ends up with Meralco. I just suggested that it would be a good landing spot. I doubt tho that Ginebra would deal an asset to the rival corp. Hehe

I thought about San Miguel but I'm not too sure Coach Leo would be the best coach for him. He's pretty set in his rotations so I think it would be the same situation for him over at San Miguel.

Yep, I agree. Phoenix I think would be perfect.

Realistically, I feel Art would probably dealt as part of an underwhelming package for a superstar. Maybe Art and Slaughter for Standhardinger. Terrafirma and Northport doesn't necesarilly make moves based on basketball logic. If you know what I mean $$$ haha
                            But still, NorthPort or TerraFirma getting Art may fit with basketball logic. They get a tall 2/3, provided Art is used that way.

Comment

But still, NorthPort or TerraFirma getting Art may fit with basketball logic. They get a tall 2/3, provided Art is used that way.
                              It wouldn't be too logical tho if it was at the expense of Perez or Standhardingder. Haha but anyways.. #FreeArt

Comment

• Cstand to Ginebra? Aces offered Manuel

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/n...210126-fbfirst

The rumors grew more persistent the past months, especially after Greg Slaughter went on a sabbatical with Barangay Ginebra, and after Alaska star Vic Manuel expressed a desire to leave the Aces.

Arejola, in fact, admitted that the wantaway Manuel was offered to them in a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information