Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    For me, He should fight for minutes e. Playing time is earned, not given. If you are performing well in Practice, then you have almost a guaranteed playing time.

Junmar is not a modern Big man also. Also a post up player like greg, but why junmar is given minutes? Because he earns it.

If Junmar is in Ginebra, Tim cone and Ginebra will never trade him, even if they will play run and gun hybrid triangle.
    Gregs value has decreased at GSM because masyadong Ball heavy mga guards nila. PRINGLE, TEnorio and Thompson has more shot compared to Japhet and GS... Kahit naka seal na sila and in good inside position still no pass... Seems like the situation of Kai last U18 World Cup, he barely touch the ball unlike in U16 WC... Mas ball heavy kasi teaamates nia like Dave, Abadiano, Fortea et al...

Comment

Yeah. Thats the point. Basketball has evolved now. If Greg is born un 1980's, He will be tougher. And We know that Big Men during those daysbare the one dominating.

They even make a shitty rule that Mon Fernandez, Abet Guidaben, Another Big Man(I forgot) cannot play with the same team.

In other words, Greg is born late of his time.
      Never really thought of that equality rule where Mon, Abet, Manny and Yoyoy were not allowed to play for one team was a sh1tty one. I actually thought it was consistent of what the PBA espoused back then - parity among all teams. It all started when Crispa disbanded and then Deputy Commissioner Tommy Manotoc (Commissioner Naning Yenko was a mere figurehead) spread out the players to different teams instead of making them form a dynasty team with Shell, the company that bought the Crispa franchise. Thereafter, he instituted the PBA draft where the least performing team of the previous season would get the top pick in the draft. Since Shell was a new team and only got Cezar, Fabiosa and Cristobal from Crispa, Manotoc gave them the first overall pick which turned out to be Sonny Cabatu. This allowed the Azodrin Bugbusters to enter the Finals in the All Filipino of their maiden season, losing out to Great Taste.

Then, of course, the big men parity rule. Considering that Fernandez and Guidaben were practically dominant then (winning the 1982 to 1984 and 1986 MVP plums), Manotoc spread out these two along with Victorino and Villamin to different teams in 1987 to allow every PBA team to have a chance of winning. True enough, from 1986 to 1991, seven franchises won championships in an 18-conference span. And yes, this also led to the PBA becoming the biggest sports entertainment spectacle in the country, attracting fans and viewers all over in what can be described as the PBA's glory years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
        Never really thought of that equality rule where Mon, Abet, Manny and Yoyoy were not allowed to play for one team was a sh1tty one. I actually thought it was consistent of what the PBA espoused back then - parity among all teams. It all started when Crispa disbanded and then Deputy Commissioner Tommy Manotoc (Commissioner Naning Yenko was a mere figurehead) spread out the players to different teams instead of making them form a dynasty team with Shell, the company that bought the Crispa franchise. Thereafter, he instituted the PBA draft where the least performing team of the previous season would get the top pick in the draft. Since Shell was a new team and only got Cezar, Fabiosa and Cristobal from Crispa, Manotoc gave them the first overall pick which turned out to be Sonny Cabatu. This allowed the Azodrin Bugbusters to enter the Finals in the All Filipino of their maiden season, losing out to Great Taste.

Then, of course, the big men parity rule. Considering that Fernandez and Guidaben were practically dominant then (winning the 1982 to 1984 and 1986 MVP plums), Manotoc spread out these two along with Victorino and Villamin to different teams in 1987 to allow every PBA team to have a chance of winning. True enough, from 1986 to 1991, seven franchises won championships in an 18-conference span. And yes, this also led to the PBA becoming the biggest sports entertainment spectacle in the country, attracting fans and viewers all over in what can be described as the PBA's glory years.
        hope marcial does this but with the way things are happening, i doubt..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          hope marcial does this but with the way things are happening, i doubt..
          Another problem is that No Big Man player will be willing to play for a bottom/unpopular team.

Greg, Junmar,Japeth, Almazan, Sanggalang, Cstand, Tautua, Erram are our best bigs. Except for greg and japeth, they have different teams naman. So parity among big man is ok.

If there is a parity rule that may apply. It is much better to have only maximum 2 superstar, and 2 star each team.
          In short,Parity of Star Players!!!!!.

But as you said, Commisioner is not open to our ideas and suggestions.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            Nagpapapresyo lang siya, he will wait if MVP teams will bite his demands. Then smc will be forced to match it. He will have many opportunities to show his stuff. From SMB, Northport and magnolia, kaso he wants more than what is offered on the table..I dont think he "only" wants to stay with Ginebra, he only wanted to have his playing time to be secured..
            nagpapapresyo? I think BGSM still has the rights on him. It's either they released him unconditionally or trade him. There's no need for SMC to match MVP offers. It should be the other way around.

Comment

• With Slaughter on leave, will that mean no Brownlee in the second conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                With Slaughter on leave, will that mean no Brownlee in the second conference?
                will tim cone reward him on allowing him to chase his nbandream he is 32, evennsean chambers step aside on a big import conference and long term tim needs a brownlee replacement... cs will get to ginebra with or without slaughter.. although he is thinking that japhet will lose his prime and he will have. career resurgence in ginebra..
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                  With Slaughter on leave, will that mean no Brownlee in the second conference?
                  It is time for Ginebra to have a 6'8 brownlee type of player.

I think they can get Anthony Bennet.

Comment

Another problem is that No Big Man player will be willing to play for a bottom/unpopular team.

Greg, Junmar,Japeth, Almazan, Sanggalang, Cstand, Tautua, Erram are our best bigs. Except for greg and japeth, they have different teams naman. So parity among big man is ok.

If there is a parity rule that may apply. It is much better to have only maximum 2 superstar, and 2 star each team.
                    In short,Parity of Star Players!!!!!.

But as you said, Commisioner is not open to our ideas and suggestions.
                    Because unpopular or league bottom teams have limited financial package can offer unlike the teams from 2 giant corporate, they can offer bonuses that if you accumulate, it is more than the monthly salary cap

Comment

• Read a piece of Musong Castillo in the Philippine Daily Inquirer I don't know if it is dated today or yesterday. Greg's reasons are ofcourse the high possibility of getting traded, lack of playing time and you won't believe the last one. Greg might try his luck to try out for NBA. It saids there that he will reconnect with the one who tried to recruit him last 2010. I hope this is true. Kahit di siya makuha, it just means he still cares about his basketball career. And if you're gonna aspire. Aspire big things. Sana mangyari (Parks, kiefer, japeth route) whatever it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                        Read a piece of Musong Castillo in the Philippine Daily Inquirer I don't know if it is dated today or yesterday. Greg's reasons are ofcourse the high possibility of getting traded, lack of playing time and you won't believe the last one. Greg might try his luck to try out for NBA. It saids there that he will reconnect with the one who tried to recruit him last 2010. I hope this is true. Kahit di siya makuha, it just means he still cares about his basketball career. And if you're gonna aspire. Aspire big things. Sana mangyari (Parks, kiefer, japeth route) whatever it is.
                        Good luck. NBA has moved away from the likes of him for years now that his chances are zero to none.
                        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                          Read a piece of Musong Castillo in the Philippine Daily Inquirer I don't know if it is dated today or yesterday. Greg's reasons are ofcourse the high possibility of getting traded, lack of playing time and you won't believe the last one. Greg might try his luck to try out for NBA. It saids there that he will reconnect with the one who tried to recruit him last 2010. I hope this is true. Kahit di siya makuha, it just means he still cares about his basketball career. And if you're gonna aspire. Aspire big things. Sana mangyari (Parks, kiefer, japeth route) whatever it is.
                          Imagine him cracking a spot in nba.

It will help our young more skilled players to try to go in nba. If Greg can enter Nba, then a lot of our Big Men can too if thats the case.
                          (COMING FROM A GINEBRA FAN)

Pba is in a downwardfall anyways, iur young players can target nba. Mapipilitan naman pba irevise 2 year draft rule if a lot of players will try to go nba before settling for pba.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                            Good luck. NBA has moved away from the likes of him for years now that his chances are zero to none.
                            Well if Tacko Fall can get a two way contract, Greg has a slight chance.

They are almost the same. Both Tall, Soft, and Slow

Comment

Well if Tacko Fall can get a two way contract, Greg has a slight chance.

They are almost the same. Both Tall, Soft, and Slow
                              Tacko is 7’ 5”. And yet he can’t crack the Celtic rotation and hardly ever played. What more a smaller version?
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                                Tacko is 7’ 5”. And yet he can’t crack the Celtic rotation and hardly ever played. What more a smaller version?
                                Well we can argue that Greg is a better shooter. The reason Tacko is not effective today is because he can only scores around 5-10 ft under the basket.

I am not saying Greg can crack an nba team rotation. But If tacko fall was able to provide good numbers in Gleague, then Greg can be in g league too.

I believe Greg= Tacko. And Yes Junmar> Tacko. Being an Nba player doesnt mean you are better.

Jason castro is miles ahead if you campare to Yuta Tabuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information