Page 712 of 719 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 14368

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Philippine 3x3 team set to leave 1 week before the OQT

https://twitter.com/OneSportsPHL/sta...494652931?s=19
    heard that in the press briefing, like seriously?, here we go again!
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    2 million is entry fee for pba 3x3, and they still cant do a bubble wow, yaman ng bubble
    last year's bubble came with a hefty price tag of more than Php 65 million, getting vaccines could be cheaper but the logistics and time table are fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    heard that in the press briefing, like seriously?, here we go again!
    They'll start practicing next week

https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/pba/...-next-week-oqt

BRT Sumisip replaces Blackwater in 3x3

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/b...ef=home_feed_1

I have questions:
    1. What was the salary arrangement of PBA players and coaches during the pre-pandemic times? (a) Was it all-year round like regular workers of any industry? (b) Or only during the regular season (10 months) do they get paid?
    2. How about these past few months after the bubble conference, did they still get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    I have questions:
    1. What was the salary arrangement of PBA players and coaches during the pre-pandemic times? (a) Was it all-year round like regular workers of any industry? (b) Or only during the regular season (10 months) do they get paid?
    2. How about these past few months after the bubble conference, did they still get paid?
    They are getting paid all year round

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    They are getting paid all year round
    Thank you, Sir. Until the PBA's idea of a 2-conference season (that's still 33 elimination round games) pushes through, I guess the 20% pay cut wouldn't really hurt these millionaires' pockets that much.

Thank you, Sir. Until the PBA's idea of a 2-conference season (that's still 33 elimination round games) pushes through, I guess the 20% pay cut wouldn't really hurt these millionaires' pockets that much.
    yup, plus they are still earning despite the pandemic, other leagues have stopped paying their players whole the pba, despite no income for most of 2020 and 2021, continues to honor their obligations

yes. but it will hurt some of the non-max and all minimum-waged players.

last year's bubble came with a hefty price tag of more than Php 65 million, getting vaccines could be cheaper but the logistics and time table are fuzzy
    I didnt think the vismin cup bubble is worth 60 million or even ten percent of it..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

And as if the are really getting a paycut knowi g smc players when they get the won game bonuses.. bawi yan.. the losers here are the mid level teams and ray parks hahah

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    yes. but it will hurt some of the non-max and all minimum-waged players.
    True that. There should have been levels to this pay cut.

True that. There should have been levels to this pay cut.
    and for the sake of the minimum earners, i hope the league starts ASAP, Com. Marcial promised that the salaries will be reinstated once the PBA resumes operation. (sila pa naman yung majority)

and for the sake of the minimum earners, i hope the league starts ASAP, Com. Marcial promised that the salaries will be reinstated once the PBA resumes operation. (sila pa naman yung majority)
    Masyado kasi sila focus only in Greater Manila.. They can start now actually in some areas likes of Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Laoag or Lucena that is only under MGCQ.. PBA higher ups are no other plans how to start their league.. Umaasa lang sila sa IATF na isa ding palpak on handling situations..

I just realized that we cannot clamor to PBA the "one tournament, one season" that we want. It's not feasible financially. What we can clamor, though, is to reduce the number of conferences from 3 to 2.

We are not the only one that uses split season format. I believe that PBA, NBL, PVL and most professional leagues in our country borrowed this concept from Latin American Sport System of "Apertura and Closura".
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I just realized that we cannot clamor to PBA the "one tournament, one season" that we want. It's not feasible financially. What we can clamor, though, is to reduce the number of conferences from 3 to 2.

We are not the only one that uses split season format. I believe that PBA, NBL, PVL and most professional leagues in our country borrowed this concept from Latin American Sport System of "Apertura and Closura".
    MBA did this before, one national champion 2 sub conferences, they have inter conference and inter intra format. After one season it was scrapped. People will understand the 2-3 conference format more, and teams who get the sweep or grandslam is an easy way of getting bragging rights and can easily be told by historians 20 years from now.

NBA should adapt the principle of super cups during their mid season..

As for pba I am against scrapping the third conference but agree on principle that only top 8 or 6 teams will go to play in governors cup and the lower 4 or 6 will play a separate conference where winner get the top pick.. rewarding teams who fall short and not rewarding teams who just tank every season.

In terms of basketball forum. Interbasket is superior than PEX. Pex has a retarded moderator who never play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    MBA did this before, one national champion 2 sub conferences, they have inter conference and inter intra format. After one season it was scrapped. People will understand the 2-3 conference format more, and teams who get the sweep or grandslam is an easy way of getting bragging rights and can easily be told by historians 20 years from now.

NBA should adapt the principle of super cups during their mid season..

As for pba I am against scrapping the third conference but agree on principle that only top 8 or 6 teams will go to play in governors cup and the lower 4 or 6 will play a separate conference where winner get the top pick.. rewarding teams who fall short and not rewarding teams who just tank every season.
    I prefer more the battle between Philippine Cup champions and Import-conference champions to determine the season champions. I find the third conference as unnecessary. Two-conference setting works better just like in 2004-2010 where PBA implemented Philippine Cup and the Fiesta Cup. Less confusion, less exhaustion on the part of the players, more time for their rest. Might as well, replace the third conference with 3 on 3.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    In terms of basketball forum. Interbasket is superior than PEX. Pex has a retarded moderator who never play basketball.
    Can't really agree with that these days. We don't have a moderator at all. Check the other threads with one being renamed over and over again. It's a full on turf war with burner accounts named after famous celebrities, nba players, and a spokesperson. Looks PEX lite to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Can't really agree with that these days. We don't have a moderator at all. Check the other threads with one being renamed over and over again. It's a full on turf war with burner accounts named after famous celebrities, nba players, and a spokesperson. Looks PEX lite to me.
    Have to agree sadly. There’s also blatant disregard of the forum rules, as no one is really enforcing it and forum members are no longer holding each other accountable unlike before. I miss the days when each post was coherent and well thought of.

Page 712 of 719 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714 ... LastLast