Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
    saw on twitter that Parks just signed an extension to play for ALAB PILIPINAS.
    Whats the all caps, are you happy kd or not?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      i have a feeling belga will be next that will be traded. looks like RoS is on a cleanup.lols.
      They should get the best value out of him. A wide 6'6 guy who can dribble, drive and shoot from the perimeter would be an asset to any team, just as long as he keeps his cool
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Now I appreciate the play of parks more level headed, been wrongly described as passive but reads the game well
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
          saw on twitter that Parks just signed an extension to play for ALAB PILIPINAS.
          sbp is planning that we don't know or the mvp group is doing something that we don't know..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            sbp is planning that we don't know or the mvp group is doing something that we don't know..
            Stan playing for HK should give us a hint. They didn't bring him here just to play there, I'm sure. Call it a conspiracy theory but I think it is a subtle maneuver on the part of SBP. Saber rattling perhaps, but I think they are ready to commence on Plan B if the status quo (a measly week player release, some even still playing for their mother teams a day before sendoff, the Maliksi hulabaloo, etc) remains the same. Parks seems to be in, Ravena might come next, Edu should not be a problem, Kai too Ervin Sotto being a MVP guy. Get guys like the Paras bros on the boat, recruit some of our promising mobile bigs, get a Kamaka Hepa caliber naturalized to spell CS, reinforce them with willing PBA pros and you got a pool that's good for at least a decade at the least.

I know, baseless ramblings. But I'd rather see the birth of Chooks-MVP backed NT that would not be at the mercy of PBA than be content of its token "full cooperation".
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• I'd go for an independent national team and I am willing to accept the humiliating losses at the start because it is the right road to tread. The support of the PBA is a joke.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                Stan playing for HK should give us a hint. They didn't bring him here just to play there, I'm sure. Call it a conspiracy theory but I think it is a subtle maneuver on the part of SBP. Saber rattling perhaps, but I think they are ready to commence on Plan B if the status quo (a measly week player release, some even still playing for their mother teams a day before sendoff, the Maliksi hulabaloo, etc) remains the same. Parks seems to be in, Ravena might come next, Edu should not be a problem, Kai too Ervin Sotto being a MVP guy. Get guys like the Paras bros on the boat, recruit some of our promising mobile bigs, get a Kamaka Hepa caliber naturalized to spell CS, reinforce them with willing PBA pros and you got a pool that's good for at least a decade at the least.

I know, baseless ramblings. But I'd rather see the birth of Chooks-MVP backed NT that would not be at the mercy of PBA than be content of its token "full cooperation".
                won't be surprise if AP will tap andre paras. get quality imports..

sigpic

Comment

the writing is on the wall that is probably the case, mean while Narvasa realeses the statement- Gilas and I will sit down and talk after Beirut, anything to make the PBA and Narvasa feel they're involved - para may papel pa rin
                  Last edited by analyzed; 08-17-2017, 11:19 PM.
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    the writing is on the wall that is probably the case, mean while Narvasa realeses the statement- Gilas and I will sit down and talk after Beirut, anything to make the PBA and Narvasa feel they're involved - pay papel pa rin
                    High profile players like Ravena, Parks and CS foregoing the PBA draft. I hope this becomes a trend. But I do feel they are pretty informed with all the BS going on between gilas and the PBA.

Comment

• “This one was a learning process. But we have to understand, nag-uumpisa pa lang tayo. This is a long-term program,” said Narvasa during the sendoff held for the Gilas Pilipinas team bound for the 29th Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur on Thurday at EDSA Shangrila Hotel.
                      “Kapag bago ka, its natural na matatalo ka along the way."

Consoling words from kume. Haha. Year 6 na po kami sir!

Ang PBA may priorities din. Malaki na ang epekto negatively sa PBA itong mga breaks natin,” he stressed. “However, it’s a sacrifice the PBA is willing to take in order for the national team program to succeed.”
                      “Lahat ito sakriprisyo just to be able to ensure that we do well.”

Very telling. Aminado e.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        “This one was a learning process. But we have to understand, nag-uumpisa pa lang tayo. This is a long-term program,” said Narvasa during the sendoff held for the Gilas Pilipinas team bound for the 29th Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur on Thurday at EDSA Shangrila Hotel.
                        “Kapag bago ka, its natural na matatalo ka along the way."

Consoling words from kume. Haha. Year 6 na po kami sir!

Ang PBA may priorities din. Malaki na ang epekto negatively sa PBA itong mga breaks natin,” he stressed. “However, it’s a sacrifice the PBA is willing to take in order for the national team program to succeed.”
                        “Lahat ito sakriprisyo just to be able to ensure that we do well.”

Very telling. Aminado e.
                        to kume: "the success of National Team is the success of PBA" after that 32 point nightmare loss to Korea? and a possible 5th place finish? good luck with gate attendance
                        Last edited by Silent Killer; 08-18-2017, 03:54 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I can't blame MVP & the SBP for doing this(in case its true). They're only doing the right thing.

Everyone knows what happened to Lassiter, Lutz, Barroca & even Japeth. These guys got polished with their stint with Smart Gilas (I deliberately mentioned the sponsor. Why not? The sponsor deserves it). But look who is benefiting with the services of these players right now. Ayaw pang ipahiram sa national team.

Kumbaga, si MVP ang nagtanim, nag ani at nagsaing ang masibang si RSA ang kumain.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            to kume: "the success of National Team is the success of PBA" after that 32 nightmare loss to Korea? and a possible 5th place finish? good luck with gate attendance
                            Does dismal showing of our national team really translate to Pinoy cage fans losing some interest in the PBA?

I hope it does.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              I can't blame MVP & the SBP for doing this(in case its true). They're only doing the right thing.

Everyone knows what happened to Lassiter, Lutz, Barroca & even Japeth. These guys got polished with their stint with Smart Gilas (I deliberately mentioned the sponsor. Why not? The sponsor deserves it). But look who is benefiting with the services of these players right now. Ayaw pang ipahiram sa national team.

Kumbaga, si MVP ang nagtanim, nag ani at nagsaing ang masibang si RSA ang kumain.
                              they should have create a team somewhere in nbl or abl with tab baldwin as a coach. this will form the nucleus for the succeeding gilas incarnations. the mvp group will be relegated as reinforcements (add more muscles kumbaga).

the composition of the gilas team will look like this:

-6 players from my hypthetical nbl or abl team
                              -2 players from tnt (pogoy and rosario)
                              -1 player from meralco (amer or tolomia)
                              -1 player from nlex (alas)
                              -2 players from blackwater (erram and belo)

or in basic model would be like this:

-half of the players from my hyphothetical team
                              -another half from mvp teams and blackwater.
                              -get a naturalized players, either an ineligible player fil-for (hepa, stan, or millora-brown) or a pba import (jefferson, green, or white).

what your thoughts?
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                they should have create a team somewhere in nbl or abl with tab baldwin as a coach. this will form the nucleus for the succeeding gilas incarnations. the mvp group will be relegated as reinforcements (add more muscles kumbaga).

the composition of the gilas team will look like this:

-6 players from my hypthetical nbl or abl team
                                -2 players from tnt (pogoy and rosario)
                                -1 player from meralco (amer or tolomia)
                                -1 player from nlex (alas)
                                -2 players from blackwater (erram and belo)

or in basic model would be like this:

-half of the players from my hyphothetical team
                                -another half from mvp teams and blackwater.
                                -get a naturalized players, either an ineligible player fil-for (hepa, stan, or millora-brown) or a pba import (jefferson, green, or white).

what your thoughts?
                                Add players from cooperative independent teams: Wright and Torres from Phoenix , Norwood, Almazan and Belga from ROS, Escoto from Kia and buyout AVO contract from GPBP.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information