Page 536 of 556 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,720 of 11111

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

  1. #10701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Adding more teams can be a pro or con, it should be the levels of the Henry sy, gokongwei if not it will just be another farm team
    Exactly. Pba must inly allowed capable owners that will not be a farm team.

    In nba, they make sure that each owner is a multi billionaire

  2. #10702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Or should say PBA should improve their dleague.. the farms teams like Columbian, blackwater and Northport should be here.. rather being an farm team in the PBA..
    Well lets face it. If pba remove farm teams. SMC and MVP will threaten to pull out. I think SMC reportedly did it in the past. They know ginebra,smb, purrfoods are the life of pba.

    Mpbl will surpass Pba when this happens.

    If only pba can be firm and impose their will against these bug companies

  3. #10703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well lets face it. If pba remove farm teams. SMC and MVP will threaten to pull out. I think SMC reportedly did it in the past. They know ginebra,smb, purrfoods are the life of pba.

    Mpbl will surpass Pba when this happens.

    If only pba can be firm and impose their will against these bug companies
    MPBL will only be until 2022 the latest. The league is already dwindling with many issues.

    This was used I believe for politics

  4. #10704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    856
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Pacman is now more of a profiteering politician than sportsman. Still respect him as an athlete but his politics is garbage.

  5. #10705
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Pacman is now more of a profiteering politician than sportsman. Still respect him as an athlete but his politics is garbage.
    MPBL is just for his political campaign purposes. I have more respect for NBL that MPBL.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-25-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #10706
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,077
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    if they add teams, scrap the 3rd conference.. look what’s happening in 12 teams right now.. kaya now ideally 12 teams is fine.. if possibly 10 teams will do not unless one the outside companies will buy Blackwater..

  7. #10707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    if they add teams, scrap the 3rd conference.. look what’s happening in 12 teams right now.. kaya now ideally 12 teams is fine.. if possibly 10 teams will do not unless one the outside companies will buy Blackwater..
    maybe what they can do is still have the 3 conferences and add a couple more teams but make sure to have a 2-3 weeks break per conf. for every team and a 2 months break per season. it doesnt really matter if what month the season finish differently every year.
    just like what's happening now , there is a long off season, the eliminated teams even have a longer off season already.

  8. #10708
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    maybe what they can do is still have the 3 conferences and add a couple more teams but make sure to have a 2-3 weeks break per conf. for every team and a 2 months break per season. it doesnt really matter if what month the season finish differently every year.
    just like what's happening now , there is a long off season, the eliminated teams even have a longer off season already.
    Maybe Pba can adopt nba style. Everyday games. Our players must be USED to it to be better.

    What do you think are the reasons why americans is better than Filipinos now in basketball?

    Simple. They are training much harder. Everyday they play games, trained hard, they even play eith jetlags sometimes.

    In 1950s we are on par or even better than Usa, but they surpassed us by their work ethics.

    This will make the pba season shorter. And allowed the players practice fully for national team.

    SBP is slowly moving away from getting pba players. Looks like they will composed players of amateurs to be full time gilas players. So they will not have a hard time borrowing pba players.

  9. #10709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Maybe Pba can adopt nba style. Everyday games. Our players must be USED to it to be better.

    What do you think are the reasons why americans is better than Filipinos now in basketball?

    Simple. They are training much harder. Everyday they play games, trained hard, they even play eith jetlags sometimes.

    In 1950s we are on par or even better than Usa, but they surpassed us by their work ethics.

    This will make the pba season shorter. And allowed the players practice fully for national team.

    SBP is slowly moving away from getting pba players. Looks like they will composed players of amateurs to be full time gilas players. So they will not have a hard time borrowing pba players.
    you are dreaming again with your assumptions
    comparing the nba players to pba players , may pa 50's pa na comparison.

  10. #10710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    you are dreaming again with your assumptions
    comparing the nba players to pba players , may pa 50's pa na comparison.
    See. Thats why we are not evolving in basketball e. We always say that we cant do what nba does.

    We are all humans in planet earth. We have the same set of physical appearance(hands,feet,face,etc). It is just how we improve it.

    "Pilipino lang kasi tayo" mentality must be stop. If we want to be the best, we need to play and dream with the best.

    Look at euroleague, they are already catching up with nba. Australia league also. Japan and Korea basketball league is also hoing global.

    And Yes we can compare Pba players to nba Players. They are both human and players. Are you saying if Kai enters nba, we cant even compare him to our local big?

    Terrence Jones is a legit nba starter, smb manages to defend him. Also Kj mcdaniels.

    And yeah. In 1950 s we get the bronze in olympics. Yes olympics!!!!!. We did that without an nba player and without an import.

    But after that other nations surpassed us. Because of the menatality of "Pilipino lang tayo, di natin kaya nba"

  11. #10711
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,792
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    See. Thats why we are not evolving in basketball e. We always say that we cant do what nba does.

    We are all humans in planet earth. We have the same set of physical appearance(hands,feet,face,etc). It is just how we improve it.

    "Pilipino lang kasi tayo" mentality must be stop. If we want to be the best, we need to play and dream with the best.

    Look at euroleague, they are already catching up with nba. Australia league also. Japan and Korea basketball league is also hoing global.

    And Yes we can compare Pba players to nba Players. They are both human and players. Are you saying if Kai enters nba, we cant even compare him to our local big?

    Terrence Jones is a legit nba starter, smb manages to defend him. Also Kj mcdaniels.

    And yeah. In 1950 s we get the bronze in olympics. Yes olympics!!!!!. We did that without an nba player and without an import.

    But after that other nations surpassed us. Because of the menatality of "Pilipino lang tayo, di natin kaya nba"
    Jesus Christ pls stop with this. If CMac and Jones were "nba level starters" then they would be in the nba right now. Yes they are good but not THAT good.

  12. #10712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Jesus Christ pls stop with this. If CMac and Jones were "nba level starters" then they would be in the nba right now. Yes they are good but not THAT good.
    Well if you guys contented in pba. And you think there is no improvement needs to be done. Then I will let it for your OWN opinion.

    You all can have the last words. Im done.

    Because looks like you all are against globalization in basketball

  13. #10713
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    See. Thats why we are not evolving in basketball e. We always say that we cant do what nba does.

    We are all humans in planet earth. We have the same set of physical appearance(hands,feet,face,etc). It is just how we improve it.

    "Pilipino lang kasi tayo" mentality must be stop. If we want to be the best, we need to play and dream with the best.

    Look at euroleague, they are already catching up with nba. Australia league also. Japan and Korea basketball league is also hoing global.

    And Yes we can compare Pba players to nba Players. They are both human and players. Are you saying if Kai enters nba, we cant even compare him to our local big?

    Terrence Jones is a legit nba starter, smb manages to defend him. Also Kj mcdaniels.

    And yeah. In 1950 s we get the bronze in olympics. Yes olympics!!!!!. We did that without an nba player and without an import.

    But after that other nations surpassed us. Because of the menatality of "Pilipino lang tayo, di natin kaya nba"
    Unfortunately thats just how most of our countrymen think. They think our local ballers can't even compete with NCAA level foreigners so they banned them.

  14. #10714
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Unfortunately thats just how most of our countrymen think. They think our local ballers can't even compete with NCAA level foreigners so they banned them.
    Finally someone agrees with me. Yeah. We filipinos can compete with ncaa foreigners.

    Cstand,pringle, tautua are all ncaa caliber players. But our locals can compete with them.

    And In ncaa philippines, I read the news that they banned imports. Really bad for competition. Philippines is nit going with the trend now which is globalization.

    What If Kai is banned also in US ncaa because he is foreign. Also in euroleague because he is not from europe.? What will happen to Kais nba dreams.

    Look at US NCAA and Euroleague, they are nit scared to let foreign olayers play for their leagues.

    NCAA philippines has no balls playing against better competition

  15. #10715
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Maybe Pba can adopt nba style. Everyday games. Our players must be USED to it to be better.

    What do you think are the reasons why americans is better than Filipinos now in basketball?

    Simple. They are training much harder. Everyday they play games, trained hard, they even play eith jetlags sometimes.

    In 1950s we are on par or even better than Usa, but they surpassed us by their work ethics.

    This will make the pba season shorter. And allowed the players practice fully for national team.

    SBP is slowly moving away from getting pba players. Looks like they will composed players of amateurs to be full time gilas players. So they will not have a hard time borrowing pba players.
    Agree with this.

    1. Add more quality teams(max 2)
    2. Shift to 2 conferences
    3. Add more playing dates( a Tuesday would be good)
    4. Give the players a real off season(use this to play in Jones Cup, fiba championship, terrific 8 etc).

    It will increase fan interest as
    1. they don't have to wait for their team to play on a week interday, but days only.
    2. There is no sawa factor, as they get a break from the pba.
    3. The Title means more as you only have 2 chances.
    4. Better support for Gilas program

  16. #10716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Agree with this.

    1. Add more quality teams(max 2)
    2. Shift to 2 conferences
    3. Add more playing dates( a Tuesday would be good)
    4. Give the players a real off season(use this to play in Jones Cup, fiba championship, terrific 8 etc).

    It will increase fan interest as
    1. they don't have to wait for their team to play on a week interday, but days only.
    2. There is no sawa factor, as they get a break from the pba.
    3. The Title means more as you only have 2 chances.
    4. Better support for Gilas program
    Yeah. That is a good idea

  17. #10717
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,092
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I'd prefer a 14-16 team PBA as well. And to beef up the talent pool I'd make it so that foreign players with permanent resident status and who have played at least 3 seasons of college basketball in the Philippines can play as locals. They should be subjected to the same salary cap for locals as well.

  18. #10718
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,978
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I don't get why people want more teams in the PBA if they're already struggling with the current set-up. KBL only has 10 teams. The change I want to see would be
    1) A single entity can only own up to two teams
    2) bring back the restricted list
    3) stricter enforcement of rules against side bets and ligang labas participation
    4) better social media and internet content strategy.. maybe allow PBA games to be broadcast on a digital platform like DAZN
    5) Treat naturalized players on equal footing with natural born players, i.e. abolish the Filipino blood requirement
    6) Allow one FSA per team to play as Filipino resident player
    7) more provincial games
    8) simplification of draft process
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

  19. #10719
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    I don't get why people want more teams in the PBA if they're already struggling with the current set-up. KBL only has 10 teams. The change I want to see would be
    1) A single entity can only own up to two teams
    2) bring back the restricted list
    3) stricter enforcement of rules against side bets and ligang labas participation
    4) better social media and internet content strategy.. maybe allow PBA games to be broadcast on a digital platform like DAZN
    5) Treat naturalized players on equal footing with natural born players, i.e. abolish the Filipino blood requirement
    6) Allow one FSA per team to play as Filipino resident player
    7) more provincial games
    8) simplification of draft process
    Because if we add teams, a lot of roster spot would be open, and opportunity for some players will be open.

    For your points.

    1. Agree, actually i want only one. But 2 teams for entity is good enough.
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. Agree
    5. Yes,it will improve the cimpetition
    6. Agree
    7. Debatable, its not easy to travel and play in province
    8. Agree, gilas special draft is not good. Especially if the players they chose are not playing for gilas full time and playing abroad.

  20. #10720
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    I don't get why people want more teams in the PBA if they're already struggling with the current set-up. KBL only has 10 teams. The change I want to see would be
    1) A single entity can only own up to two teams
    2) bring back the restricted list
    3) stricter enforcement of rules against side bets and ligang labas participation
    4) better social media and internet content strategy.. maybe allow PBA games to be broadcast on a digital platform like DAZN
    5) Treat naturalized players on equal footing with natural born players, i.e. abolish the Filipino blood requirement
    6) Allow one FSA per team to play as Filipino resident player
    7) more provincial games
    8) simplification of draft process
    Like what I said in an earlier post, it makes sense to add teams only if they are a single entity and will compete with the big guns ala phoenix, alaska and rain or shine.

Page 536 of 556 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •