Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luzvimindo View Post
    Marc Pingris makes U-turn, says he wants to join Gilas pool ahead of Fiba Asia championship

MARC Pingris on Tuesday announced that he will join the Gilas Pilipinas pool, saying he has reconsidered an earlier decision to skip national team duty after consultation with his wife and PBA ballclub.

“Despite my earlier pronouncement not to join and give others a chance to play for the country, Purefoods management has asked me to reconsider my decision,” Pingris said in a statement released to media outlets. "I talked to my wife and we agreed. In the end, it was pride and honor in representing the Philippines that prevailed over me."

He added: “I am grateful for management’s support and if the Philippine team still needs me, I promise to go all out for the country in the Fiba-Asia Championship as it aims to gain a slot in the Rio Olympics next year.”
    Ha ha, I know how Ping talks , I've hanged out with him, no way these exact words came from him, he doesn't speak that way. This is like he's reading from a prepared statement. This is really one case, where actions say it all. Don't listen at all at the words or statements given out, (its really a joke) . Tab knows Pings heart that's all that matters , none of these senseless words or "pupet statements.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Ha ha, I know how Ping talks , I've hanged out with him, no way these exact words came from him, he doesn't speak that way. This is like he's reading from a prepared statement. This is really one case, where actions say it all. Don't listen at all at the words or statements given out, (its really a joke) . Tab knows Pings heart that's all that matters , none of these senseless words or "pupet statements.
      So it's better that we ignore this press release ?
      I think it's the best for our NT to just move on with our current pool, If SMB players suddenly make a U-turn on their previous statements we can just make them as practice players or mentors to the current pool.

Comment

• ^^
        For Tab to focus on the task on hand, he can simply stick to his statments saying only Junmar can come in after the Estonia trip
        " So thanks Pings , we love u - Puso etc, but for now have to stick to plan
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
          Damage control of smc lol
          hahaha i fine it funny first PING mention that he has no control over the things and now SMC management said they also has no control over their player decision...my question now who is in control....i hate smc in term the way they treat our national team... heck with them i turned down their job offer to me....hahha twice na....

Comment

• the whole thing is a drama.....kaya balik na sa topic mga boss!

Comment

• However, Star Hotshots governor Rene Pardo said the SMC organization do not stand in the way of its players' desire to join the national team and, in fact, will "continue to encourage its pool of players to make themselves available, if they can, for national interest."

“He will represent the country because he wants to. We have no control over our players’ decision when it comes to competing for the national team," said Pardo in a statement.

"We do not deny that we debate on the merits of them joining as a professional player. However, in the end representing your country is an incomparable honor. You can’t argue with that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ctongco View Post
                Could this also influence others to join Gilas?
                still, its a decision the other players can make themselves... again, on their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverwing View Post
                  Haha goes to show that his injury is a minor one. He should have waited for few more weeks to show off. Nahahalata tuloy siya na umaarte at nagdadahilan lang para hindi makasali sa NT.
                  did tab choose japeth?

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    ^^
                    For Tab to focus on the task on hand, he can simply stick to his statments saying only Junmar can come in after the Estonia trip
                    " So thanks Pings , we love u - Puso etc, but for now have to stick to plan
                    What if Junmar is forced to join Gilas after the Estonia cup just to do damage control for SMC but will only exert half the effort / potential and will just make pabebe on the team?
                    Then if Gilas cuts him due to poor performance or pabebe acts then this will go in favor of SMC. Fans will take negatively if Coach tab cuts SMC late addition players to the final 12.

Oh man SMC really amazed me on the twists they are creating in the basketball community.

Comment

• what twists?

all statements made by smc are consistent from the very beginning. again, no reason for smcl to change their one-player policy since they have already allowed this for two years.

its just that people giving their own interpretation conspiracy theories as to what are happening the background daw.

again, tab, if you want junmar, talk to him personally if he's willing to play inspite of his injuries.

Comment

• I don't know if its a good news or what, do you think Coach Tab wouldn't say its too late? I think that it will depend though on the result of the games in Estonia, if we still lack the manpower then probably Ping and hopefully JF will suit up for the jones cup.

Comment

• Before this brouhaha,people suggesting to include new blood,NOW is the best time to include Troy.He is a better upgrade offensively and defensively if given the exposure.Imagine 2019 with Abueva,Romeo,Troy at their best. 1 step backward,two 2 steps forward. Swallow the bitter pill and ignore SMC group.

Comment

• RSA learned things a bit too late. Ganun talaga ang mga Thundercats, slow to realise the power of the internet and social media.

PBA owners and officials should by now realize that Filipino basketball fans are not dumb.

In this digital age when every controversy is out in the open and discussed and debated not on Plaza Miranda but on cyberspace, basketball fans know more than you think they do. So you can't keep spoonfeeding them with flimsy excuses or pregnant silence and expect them to bite hook, line and sinker. Allow us to warn you: there is already simmering anger among fans over this Gilas mess, and a campaign to boycott not just the PBA but its member companies is gaining steam. While it may not come to that, better brace yourselves for a huge backlash.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/co...3RjBKpZty9M.99

Comment

• SMC Management:
                              S P E A K I N G
                              F R O M
                              T H E I R
                              A R S E S

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                              However, Star Hotshots governor Rene Pardo said the SMC organization do not stand in the way of its players' desire to join the national team and, in fact, will "continue to encourage its pool of players to make themselves available, if they can, for national interest."

“He will represent the country because he wants to. We have no control over our players’ decision when it comes to competing for the national team," said Pardo in a statement.

"We do not deny that we debate on the merits of them joining as a professional player. However, in the end representing your country is an incomparable honor. You can’t argue with that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                                RSA learned things a bit too late. Ganun talaga ang mga Thundercats, slow to realise the power of the internet and social media.
                                "PBA owners and officials should by now realize that Filipino basketball fans are not dumb."

Well someone in this forum is still insisting that all of us are wrong and dumb, all of us got it all wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information