Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epithetless View Post
    It is not true they didn't ask, NLEX and BW asked for the right to elevate their players, Kia didn't have that option - a fact used by Salud to justify denying NLEX and BW the right to hire their own players (which forced NLEX to a different path). Welcoat was not a fluke, Tanduay and Red Bull were allowed 6 both. But that was a different league with a different board than the PBA of today. There has been no indication that today's PBA even care about the appearance of parity let alone true parity.
    Thanks for the clarification sir. That only makes Hapee's case stronger, if we consider that Hapee, Redbull, and Tanduay were all successful in the PBL, developing players which were then allowed to join their mother team when it moved to the PBA. This should count in their favor. In the long run, one of the reasons IMO why the PBA cannot expand its fan base is because of the perceived lack of parity. Of course SMC fanboys and basketball diehards will be drawn to the PBA regardless of who wins [sanay na], but casual fans would want to see more parity.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• You want league parity? Check out the russian, israel, greek & french leagues...

Comment

• "mali kasi eh dapat binili nalang ng Kia yung Air 21 tapos NLEX at BBE yung expansion"

to be fair, when Red Bull and Tanduay entered the league, the MBA was in its formative years, heck the draft that time was rendered useless since every team was given a direct hire

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
          You want league parity? Check out the russian, israel, greek & french leagues...
          Were talking about PHILIPPINE Basketball Association here. Not russian french israel etc. Leagues. Haha
          POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

• If Chris Tiu retirement rumors are true, RoS will get the much needed space for their cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
              If Chris Tiu retirement rumors are true, RoS will get the much needed space for their cap.
              just like what Nardy said, this guy does not need a PBA salary..but it would be a loss, he's very competitive a very god shooter and very smart.He might end up a head coach one day.heck maybe a team owner.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Alaska not in favor of Hapee's plan of joining the league..uhmm?

Comment

• If he wants parity then the PBA should get rid of the Barako Bulls in the PBA, anyhow, there's plenty of good players out there as well as coaches. And you will always have your Ginebras and San Miguels hogging most of the hottest basketball prospects in the land. I dont really see that much of a difference in holding back hapee now, might as well let them in while they're still interested, the more teams = more chances for players to showcase their skills. A team's quality isnt really dependent on their length of stay in the league(Meralco) or the amount of money that they spend(Ginebra) its how good their management is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                    If he wants parity then the PBA should get rid of the Barako Bulls in the PBA, anyhow, there's plenty of good players out there as well as coaches. And you will always have your Ginebras and San Miguels hogging most of the hottest basketball prospects in the land. I dont really see that much of a difference in holding back hapee now, might as well let them in while they're still interested, the more teams = more chances for players to showcase their skills. A team's quality isnt really dependent on their length of stay in the league(Meralco) or the amount of money that they spend(Ginebra) its how good their management is.
                    I agree with all your points. And I think his 'dilution of exposure' argument is also weak, there is only one solution to increase your team's positive exposure and that is be good and competitive and go deep into every playoffs. Good teams get the exposure benefits while teams who sell out get the side benefits, this will be true wether we have 16 or 14 or 12 teams.

Comment

• Tiu and Jervy for Dorian and Urbiztondo?

Comment

Tiu and Jervy for Dorian and Urbiztondo?
                        That would be a win for RoS but I doubt whether GSM will go along with this. Perhaps RoS should throw in a second rnd pick?

Comment

Tiu and Jervy for Dorian and Urbiztondo?
                          Will yeng accept dorian the aging player? He rather have brondial or marcelo than peña
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
                            That would be a win for RoS but I doubt whether GSM will go along with this. Perhaps RoS should throw in a second rnd pick?
                            More like Ginebra should throw in a second round pick.

i think this is not happening at all, Ginebra had a chance to pick Tiu in the draft and passed. Then again, maybe with Lim there things have changed.
                            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
                              huh? Dorian is way past his prime and is about to retire, Urbiztondo on the other hand would be redundant with Uyloan and Tang around (albeit he's better than the two)

Comment

• Another coaching change for BGSM?

@CharlieC: Hearing that Ginebra may change coach again. I dont know how to cure the team's ills, but I think another coaching change isnt the answer.
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information