Page 392 of 504 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 10066

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Jayson Castro receives offer from a CBA team

http://sports.inquirer.net/217576/ch...edium=facebook
    hope this would open to our young players as well. lets see how team owner would react to this. next will be Romeo to Turkey.

This is good to know, the writer however conveniently failed to mention that the CBA has a provision for "Asian Imports" (like Abbas) which is different from the open import classification. His statement therefore of " Offers to play there as imports usually land on the laps of Americans or Europeans" is actually misleading.

Here is the rule from their league rule book

Every team can register up to two non-Asian foreign players. Additionally, the worst five teams from the previous season can register an a third Asian foreign. An Asian player must have a valid passport from a registered FIBA Asia country and cannot be a dual citizen.

I hope Castro accepts. We need players to look beyond PBA and grow as a player. Although he has announced that he has retired with gilas, this will hopefully open up opportunities for other world class ball players in PH.

PBA instead of growing and transition to an open league has become very inclusive and is on a decline (or dying)

sometimes I can't help to imagine that the reason why china got the services of douthit and blatche as imports is to familiarize themselves on these players' moves and tendencies on the court and learn how to neutralize them. besides the overweight issue, blatche was so checked in china game last fiba asia. and now they want castro... hmmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by -«miron»- View Post
    sometimes I can't help to imagine that the reason why china got the services of douthit and blatche as imports is to familiarize themselves on these players' moves and tendencies on the court and learn how to neutralize them. besides the overweight issue, blatche was so checked in china game last fiba asia. and now they want castro... hmmm...
    On point!

Knowing how sneaky, underhanded, and outright blatant as far as how China operates to gain the advantage goes, your imagination might likely be reality.

Castro should pack his sack of salt in earnest on his way to a basketball career in China if his common sense guides him well.
    Last edited by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid; 07-29-2016 at 04:24 AM.

I find it interesting that the CBA has the following rule " With the exception of the Bayi Rockets, who are not allowed to have imports because of their affiliation with the People’s Liberation Army, every team can register up to two non-Asian foreign players"
    It's interesting to me cause , it shows their emphasis on developing local talent for their national team. Imagine if the PBA had a team that was exclusively local that could play in the Import conference. That would help the NT, of course that's only if the commissioner actually wanted to help the NT

With him most likely sitting out the Philippine Cup due to this matter, i think TNT Katropa should go after Kiefer Ravena if he would not be drafted / applying for the NBA Dleague Draft. Kris Rosales was a good signing by them i think he should be their main man like what he did for Singapore in the ABL

Musong R. Castillo @musongcastillo
    Only problem Castro's camp sees is that they know that TNT wants to win another PBA All-Pinoy title again so bad. CBA conflicts with AFC.

Source of my story said Jason "very interested in playing there," and that TNT wants to assure that CBA team takes care of Castro.
    Ako si ma4ma before. Naging simple na lang po ako.

maybe the team of blatche is recruiting him

Quote Originally Posted by Tobslerone View Post
    Only problem Castro's camp sees is that they know that TNT wants to win another PBA All-Pinoy title again so bad. CBA conflicts with AFC.

Source of my story said Jason "very interested in playing there," and that TNT wants to assure that CBA team takes care of Castro.
    nah.. this kind of offer comes once in a blue moon.. he should accept this offer.. it'll be good for his career.

Could have played in Australia/Singapore but didn't happen. I wish that this time, Castro in China would happen.

3 out of the 5 worst CBA teams last season already signed their asian imports.

Foshan - Bahrami
    Jilin - Kamrani (avg. 19.5 ppg last CBA season)
    Jiangsu - Abbas

Thus leaving Bayi and Tianjin. Bayi of course cant sign any imports so that leaves us with Tianjin who coincidentally is being coached by Rajko Toroman. About a month ago there were also reports of June Mar being eyed by a CBA team which I would also assume it to be the same team thats interested in Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Could have played in Australia/Singapore but didn't happen. I wish that this time, Castro in China would happen.
    for castro i think he has a few years left. but i would prefer for romeo to play in CBA.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    for castro i think he has a few years left. but i would prefer for romeo to play in CBA.
    Castro has a better resume and more consistent. If he plays well, which I think he will, it will open up opportunities for other players.

Does china have tier 2 league? similar to pcbl and dleague?

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Castro has a better resume and more consistent. If he plays well, which I think he will, it will open up opportunities for other players.

Does china have tier 2 league? similar to pcbl and dleague?
    They have a tier 2 league, the National Basketball League
    Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

The way TNT is playing with little contribution from Little , they can be called the Bayi Rockets of the PBA . Actually the TNT team can be the designated PBA team reserved to reinforce the Cadet NT, sort of like the "Army National reserves"

Keith Jensen is not playing for Star Hotshots and posted online that he has family matters going on, anu nangyari?

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    The way TNT is playing with little contribution from Little , they can be called the Bayi Rockets of the PBA . Actually the TNT team can be the designated PBA team reserved to reinforce the Cadet NT, sort of like the "Army National reserves"
    regardless of d production, tnt has an american import and an asian import...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    If that is true, im going straight to the airport if I were JC

Page 392 of 504 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast