Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    they feel they are on high horse.

even yeng mentioned that filipino players would always prefer to play in the pba but on the same note he said not to adjust the pba rules for those players who want to play overseas since they dont want the pba to be held hostage with players wanting to play overseas. kinda contradicting.
    How about those poor fil- foreign players who played overseas but are required to play in the Dleague first? Those players had to play overseas till they were re old enough to bypass the rule due to the poor pay and rough physical play ( Jason Deauthman said they were extra physical against Fil-ams). Kinda double standard eh

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
      Exactly lol So does it mean if you dont get drafted you are dodging a team to draft you? Cant it be that you have other plans aside from joining the PBA? Parks had to skip the PBA Draft for five years because he trialed for the NBA 2 years, played in the G League, was looking to play internationally, committed to the Cadets Program and of course he wanted that ABL championship. I don’t think he skipped it just to be selected by Blackwater/TNT. Remember he wanted to play for Ginebra.

There are hundreds of basketball program blueprints that the PBA could follow. I really dont get why they couldn’t do that.
      Simple

Pba is Under SMC.

Why is it called "Ray Parks Rule" and Not "JMF Rule"?

Ray Parks have more acceptable and legit reasons to skipped the pba draft, than JMF reasons.

JMF literally just wait for SMB to be the top pick. JMF did not try in nba,gleague, etc.

Ooops. Wait I forgot he played in ABL. In what team again? Oh. A San Miguel ABL team. Whoah. What a coincidence. Hehehe#sarcasm

Comment

• JMF is just a tool to them. Probably not even advise him to try abroad during that time. He couldve been more internationally if he had the right advisers. Cant blame him tho.

Comment

• The PBA's rule can always be challenged in a competent court.I think it is unlawful because one cannot really compel anyone to work for them or to choose where to work

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            kinda irritates me when the board/marcial always mention that the PBA is second only to the NBA as the world's oldest league.
            The good part: it's factual and true.

The bad part: that's the only thing Marcial is clutching on right now.

Unlike before when the league can proudly say that they're the next best option after the NBA and the CBA or that the Philippines have the most talented professional players in the world after the United States...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
              The PBA's rule can always be challenged in a competent court.I think it is unlawful because one cannot really compel anyone to work for them or to choose where to work

Agree with chino and that is where the pba is still in the olden times.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                Simple

Pba is Under SMC.

Ray Parks have more acceptable and legit reasons to skipped the pba draft, than JMF reasons.

JMF literally just wait for SMB to be the top pick. JMF did not try in nba,gleague, etc.

Ooops. Wait I forgot he played in ABL. In what team again? Oh. A San Miguel ABL team. Whoah. What a coincidence. Hehehe#sarcasm
                Great point bro.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                  The PBA's rule can always be challenged in a competent court.I think it is unlawful because one cannot really compel anyone to work for them or to choose where to work

As I've said, this rule by the PBA is unconstitutional. This should be challenged. Question is: Who has the balls to challenge the PBA right now?

Well, maybe Kobe Paras in the very near future?

I see the PBA as having more much violations & far worse illogical rules compared to ABS-CBN. But our politicians are "walang kibo" regarding the PBA simply because PBA hasn't criticized our beloved President.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    As I've said, this rule by the PBA is unconstitutional. This should be challenged. Question is: Who has the balls to challenge the PBA right now?

Well, maybe Kobe Paras in the very near future?

I see the PBA as having more much violations & far worse illogical rules compared to ABS-CBN. But our politicians are "walang kibo" regarding the PBA simply because PBA hasn't criticized our beloved President.
                    No need to challenge.

Our talented College/High School Players can just not enter pba. There are many leagues in the world. If they don't want to go overseas, there is Mbpl, Abl, and other local leagues.

Pba will end up with below average players. Then, it will force them to change things

Comment

No need to challenge.

Our talented College/High School Players can just not enter pba. There are many leagues in the world. If they don't want to go overseas, there is Mbpl, Abl, and other local leagues.

Pba will end up with below average players. Then, it will force them to change things
                      Unfortunately, other local leagues cannot compare to what PBA can offer in terms of compensation. Players really need to look abroad if they wish to look for equivalent options.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        Unfortunately, other local leagues cannot compare to what PBA can offer in terms of compensation. Players really need to look abroad if they wish to look for equivalent options.
                        They would need sponsors like EWP and Chooks.

But when we recommend in EWP in their IG. I think they only offer players which they think have nba potential or atleast us ncaa potential

Comment

They would need sponsors like EWP and Chooks.

But when we recommend in EWP in their IG. I think they only offer players which they think have nba potential or atleast us ncaa potential
                          it goes without saying. hindi naman sila charity.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                            it goes without saying. hindi naman sila charity.
                            Aside from Kai,Sage, and Lipez.

There is one TALL Pure Filipino Young player who was offered by EWP.

Hope he will accept.

Comment

Simple

Pba is Under SMC.

I think kaya lang naman naging Ray Parks rule yan kasi Ray was very vocal that he wants to play for an SMC Team (specifically Ginebra) and medyo nadedelay pag draft niya and pag announce niya because none of the SMC Teams had the top pick in recent memory. last siguro yung Standhardinger na nakuha via trade.

Comment

• They should call it the "ayaw ko sa farm team" rule

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information