Page 767 of 794 FirstFirst ... 267667717757765766767768769777 ... LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,340 of 15880

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Yeah, especially given that the collegiate leagues are kinda uncertain. Young talents should be able to displace players who can't play at a certain level.
    This might also encourage college players, specially those with high potentials, to shorten their college basketball stints. Perhaps guys like Tamayo, Quiambao, Cholo Anonuevo, RJ Abarrientos would play college basketball for only 2 to 3 yrs before turning pro.

BTW, I expect some of these players to get offers from B-league teams in a year or 2 from now.

I think this would be a good development. I'm already tired of seeing some 24 to 25 yrs old players still playing collegiate basketball. It would be good to see naman some 20, 21, 22 year old players climbing to the pro ranks.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    This might also encourage college players, specially those with high potentials, to shorten their college basketball stints. Perhaps guys like Tamayo, Quiambao, Cholo Anonuevo, RJ Abarrientos would play college basketball for only 2 to 3 yrs before turning pro.

BTW, I expect some of these players to get offers from B-league teams in a year or 2 from now.

I think this would be a good development. I'm already tired of seeing some 24 to 25 yrs old players still playing collegiate basketball. It would be good to see naman some 20, 21, 22 year old players climbing to the pro ranks.
    I honestly believe that it would be better for our amateur players to turn pro now as the 2 year layoff from basketball is really bad for their development. We're gonna be stuck with 27 year old college players if our collegiate leagues don't open up soon

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I honestly believe that it would be better for our amateur players to turn pro now as the 2 year layoff from basketball is really bad for their development. We're gonna be stuck with 27 year old college players if our collegiate leagues don't open up soon
    I think some current college players are already ripe to turn pro. But most are "hilaw" pa. I think guys like Tamayo & Dave Ildefonso are already ripe to play pro basketball. But guys like Quiambao, RJ Abarrientos, Belangel, Evan Nelle & Cholo Anonuevo are still raw. I give them 1 or 2 more years before they can turn pro.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    MGR's stint with SMB was such a waste. He looked confident and effective as a point forward on most of TF's games this conference.
    Strange that he couldn't find consistent rotation minutes after a decent Gilas stint. He was only a situational guy in SMB. Maybe he didn't fit their system, which requires the 1 through 4 to shoot.

If he didn't fit them, why trade for him in the first place?

Strange that he couldn't find consistent rotation minutes after a decent Gilas stint. He was only a situational guy in SMB. Maybe he didn't fit their system, which requires the 1 through 4 to shoot.

I was wondering why TNT traded him for journeyman RR Garcia, btw who initiated the trade, was it SMB? though looking back it seems like a trade which favors SMB, though TNT needed a backup PG that time, though the texteres could have just signed any random PGs as they are dime a dozen in the Philippines
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    I was wondering why TNT traded him for journeyman RR Garcia, btw who initiated the trade, was it SMB? though looking back it seems like a trade which favors SMB, though TNT needed a backup PG that time, though the texteres could have just signed any random PGs as they are dime a dozen in the Philippines
    Nash racela like most of feu guys.. Garcia trade was Nash idea because he was one of his players back in feu.. his only good move was getting rr pogoy last 2016.. he was also responsible of one of the worst trade in TNT's history by trading quality big man tautuaa over time bomb/tricky guy Terrence Romeo.. one of the worst decisions he made.. they can get Romeo even w/o trading tautuaa because Northport has no choice that time.. tnt can take that advantage on Romeo's issue

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Nash racela like most of feu guys.. Garcia trade was Nash idea because he was one of his players back in feu.. his only good move was getting rr pogoy last 2016.. he was also responsible of one of the worst trade in TNT's history by trading quality big man tautuaa over time bomb/tricky guy Terrence Romeo.. one of the worst decisions he made.. they can get Romeo even w/o trading tautuaa because Northport has no choice that time.. tnt can take that advantage on Romeo's issue
    totally forgot that Nash was the coach of TNT during that time, thanks for the info
    Ducks fly together!

Strange indeed. Probably, they saw him as a poor man's Gabe Norwood - good enough for PBA but will never be like how Gabe was in his prime years. But even so, SMB should have given him enough playing time to get accustomed to their style of play. The way I saw it, he could have been Arwind's immediate successor that time.

Problem is, TNT really didn't do a good job on Mo. They're not really the best at developing low-post scoring bigs. All Mo did at TNT was stretch the floor and get a few rebounds. When he went to NorthPort, that's when he was allowed to show off his post-up game.

Problem is, TNT really didn't do a good job on Mo. They're not really the best at developing low-post scoring bigs. All Mo did at TNT was stretch the floor and get a few rebounds. When he went to NorthPort, that's when he was allowed to show off his post-up game.
    Post Plays is just not their style. Whether they play dribble drive or motion offense

They prefer athletic/Versatile/Stretch Bigs (Kelly, Troy,Erram). To compliment their speedy and shootet guards/wings

Even in their 2010s dynasty. (Kelly,Carey, RDO) Only Ali Peek was their post player. And he is 6'4

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Post Plays is just not their style. Whether they play dribble drive or motion offense

They prefer athletic/Versatile/Stretch Bigs (Kelly, Troy,Erram). To compliment their speedy and shootet guards/wings

Even in their 2010s dynasty. (Kelly,Carey, RDO) Only Ali Peek was their post player. And he is 6'4
    RDO was also a good post player. He just had a good 3-point jumper to go along with his post game. He was the prototype big for TNT, actually.

You speak truth in preferring versatile players, though. They have 3 players who can play both PF and center, which are exactly the guys you mentioned.

System-wise, TNT is good. I also think Chot's system on both ends can be used for PBA and FIBA. Even though it's 'bara-bara,' they move the ball well and move well without the ball. Defensively, they shut down lanes and close out to shooters.

Seems that Chot learned from his mistakes and decided to adapt.
    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Chit wouldnt win championships with different teams if he cant adapt.. dave marcelo is no ali peek thats the difference of that domint tnt team than it was today imo..
    I'm not expect chot to be like this.. I have doubts on him before because of his past mistakes especially when he handle gilas..and I'm still ok with dickel , so I have doubts on hiring chot on that time..
    You had good reason to doubt Chot, especially considering his 'bara-bara' reputation and his lack of defense in the past. Who would have thought that Chot would turn TNT into one of the best defensive teams in the PBA this All-Filipino?

You had good reason to doubt Chot, especially considering his 'bara-bara' reputation and his lack of defense in the past. Who would have thought that Chot would turn TNT into one of the best defensive teams in the PBA this All-Filipino?
    Dickel still a good coach.. problem for him is that he doesn't know all capabilities of most of Pinoy players.. but he deserves a 2nd chance.. maybe teams like meralco, phoenix,ROS or some collegiate teama can hire him..

Chot is areally a good coach since coca-cola days pa impressive na offensive system nyan yung ball movement/moving without the ball dati pa yan... yun lang di niya masyado nagawa sa gilas for obvious reason lack of preparation time and availability of players(pabago-bago).

But hoping wag na siya makabalik sa gilas i hate him for being so dramatic. he had 3 chances na that's enough.

Ako.. chot is one good defensive coach if given materials even in his Gilas days..tab baldwin defense is overrated because he had a big in ateneo named kouame..ang international games kasi he doesnt have the manpower advantage and one time he do have he let his pride take in and not the team (douthit benching) kung baga wag lang mags elf destruct si chot..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Ako.. chot is one good defensive coach if given materials even in his Gilas days..tab baldwin defense is overrated because he had a big in ateneo named kouame..ang international games kasi he doesnt have the manpower advantage and one time he do have he let his pride take in and not the team (douthit benching) kung baga wag lang mags elf destruct si chot..
    Haha. It's the drama with Chot that turns me off. And he can hard headed at times. As a professional and someone who's representing the country he should conduct himself appropriately.

Dickel still a good coach.. problem for him is that he doesn't know all capabilities of most of Pinoy players.. but he deserves a 2nd chance.. maybe teams like meralco, phoenix,ROS or some collegiate teama can hire him..
    I will say he doesn't have the respect of the players. Or simply, players dont buy his system.

I remember Coach yeng saying in a podcast that a good pba coach must be:

1. knows the x and Os of the game

2. Develop his own system

3. And most importanly (according to coach yeng), was able to develop culture, and sell his coaching philosophy and system to players.

Coach dickel have 1 and 2. But probably lacks in 3.

Perfect example is Kelly Williams, Kelly don't want to play for Coach Nash and Coach Dickel, but he wants to play for Coach Chot.

#CancelScottieThompson is currently trending on Twitter. And yes it's about the same Scottie we know.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    #CancelScottieThompson is currently trending on Twitter. And yes it's about the same Scottie we know.
    I don't use Twitter. What it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Then Scottie go to Japan or Taiwan.. hahahahhahaha.. a little bit of fresh air rather than toxic pba...

Page 767 of 794 FirstFirst ... 267667717757765766767768769777 ... LastLast