Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert0326
    So it's only Saturday and Sunday lang pala schedule ng B-League.. Or maybe in next month eh they will add some gamedays to comply 60 game regular season schedule?
    Originally posted by Dotch View Post
    Weekends ( Sat and Sun) then Wednesday games once in a while. So at most, 6 months is B-League's regular season. (Oct then to March / April) . After that its the playoffs.
    Originally posted by robert0326
    I thought their schedule are just like NBA schedule.. They have so many teams and their schedule are just Wed - Sat and Sun only.. Sabagay their regular season will run until April.. Much player friendly din ang schedule compare sa PBA...
    Originally posted by IPC View Post
    That's a European-style schedule, actually.
    Originally posted by robert0326
    Pwede pala ganyan noh... I think PBA should do this schedule rather than having Thursday and Friday schedule.. Some fans are busy with that dates, while weekend schedules are free time for most of the people.. Even that they have morning schedule, especially on Sunday then that's OK because most of the people are in their homes just resting and they want some Hobbies in their houses.. Having full PBA schedule from morning til early evening schedule (7pm - 8pm range) will might a good idea in Sundays..
    Yeah, agreed. Leave weekdays open in case teams have regional competitions e.g. EASL (although not sure pa rin ang participation). And 6 games per day on the weekend and a couple on Wednesdays (for those who won't participate in regional tournaments) will ensure that the elimination round ends early, even on a double-round robin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      Well, this is the danger of having a tournament in the midst of a pandemic topped off by a poor response.

Another thing is, having an All-Filipino tournament for part of the season might make it hard for imports to come here.

If the PBA wants imports during the season, especially in these circumstances, it should be import-laden or bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Well, this is the danger of having a tournament in the midst of a pandemic topped off by a poor response.

Another thing is, having an All-Filipino tournament for part of the season might make it hard for imports to come here.

If the PBA wants imports during the season, especially in these circumstances, it should be import-laden or bust.
        PBA should have done "one tournament, one season" format where there is a double-round robin elimination, a 5-7-7 playoff format and one foreign reinforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
          PBA should have done "one tournament, one season" format where there is a double-round robin elimination, a 5-7-7 playoff format and one foreign reinforcement.
          Hopefully this format will be for good, but unlikely to happen, as more playoff games = more money.

Plus, a lot of our countrymen regard the All-Filipino as the PBA's crown jewel.

Comment

Hopefully this format will be for good, but unlikely to happen, as more playoff games = more money.

5-7-7 has more playoff games than you think.

Per All-Filipino, Pinoys always think that they have bigger d*cks than a blackman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
              5-7-7 has more playoff games than you think.

Per All-Filipino, Pinoys always think that they have bigger d*cks than a blackman.
              Well, in the States, Filipino immigrants were known for being great lovers in the Depression. Hahahahahahaha.

Good point on the playoff games, actually. It has only what, around 10 playoff games less than the current 3-conference playoff format? Less max games means a longer offseason.

I really think the PBA has to consider making this change.

Comment

Buti nga yan eh para more & more PBA players would be convinced to play in Japan. But that's just me. I want the PBA to suffer for its greed & selfishness.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Casio and Eboña for Tolomia and a pick: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/a...-a795-20211012

Hope Eboña eventually lands in NLEX. Yeng might accelerate his development, which we know is one of his strengths. I see some good upside in him.

Comment

Casio and Eboña for Tolomia and a pick: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/a...-a795-20211012

Hope Eboña eventually lands in NLEX. Yeng might accelerate his development, which we know is one of his strengths. I see some good upside in him.
                    Wow. BW looks to contend nga. So maybe totoo nga sinasabi ni Mr. Dioceldo Sy. Good pick ups in Casio and Ebona.

Meanwhile Alaska looks to rebuild and they are i think dead set on Brickman for the next upcoming draft.

Comment

Casio and Eboña for Tolomia and a pick: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/a...-a795-20211012

Update: The pick's a 2023 2nd-rounder.

As for the Eboña part, I'm assuming here that Blackwater would continue to be a farm team for the MVP teams. If it were, hope he gets farmed by NLEX to be developed by Yeng.

Comment

• Based on its roster composition, I believe that Alaska should get an import that plays in the wing position that can actually moonlight in the power forward position. I believe that there are alot of imports that have such description I have mentioned.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

In a normal world, if I were PBA, I'll replace this AFC with a month-long, Invitational Cup scheduled during the off-season months of most APAC leagues. I'll invite an even number of teams ranging from 4 to 8. All guest teams must field all-local line-ups (FIBA ineligibles will be allowed as long as they can prove their citizenship with the country they are representing), maybe conditional on NPs (implement x no. of years residency), and absolutely no world imports, for them to qualify. Each PBA team would be allowed to field at least 1 FIBA-ineligible, overseas-developed Filipino player as their heritage import. Two groups (of 8 or 9 or 10), single-round elimination like Jones Cup, and after that a cross-over knock-out QF and SF, then a best-of-3 finals. All rounds will be officiated using FIBA rules.

That setup would be a hybrid of AFC and FIBA international tournaments, and given that the guest teams would either be Team A or B NTs, or div. 1 pro teams from all over APAC, I believe that would bring much more excitement to Pinoy basketball viewers than what the traditional All-Filipino tourney can.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                            I was wondering why PBA is not comtemplating of reducing their tournaments into one. Once the pandemic is gone, they should.

- 40 regular season games per team
                            - four playdates per week (double header)
                            - two playdates for double header out-of-town games (PBA circa 2004-07)
                            - 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 will play for the best of three play-in round. Winners will take the last two playoff spots.
                            - 7-7-7 playoff format
                            - one world import of unlimited height
                            - one asian import/naturalized/resident foreigner of unlimited height
                            - champions will go to the FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup
                            - 2nd, 3rd and 4th placers will head to the EASL

I know that PBA lacks the creativeness but still. It's free to dream of something good.
                            Combination of NBA and B.League rules, a.

Comment

Combination of NBA and B.League rules, a.
                              That's it. If the PBA are too worried about product placements, add more games like the play in, make quarters and semis best of 7 and 40 regular season games per one team.

Comment

• Problem with PBA people is that they behave as if everything is normal. Its as if the pandemic doesn't exist. Imagine about some 4 months ago, PBA people were still thinking of holding a 3-conference season while doing a semi-bubble set-up. What kind of mentality is that? That's close to being delusional. They are fooling themselves to entertain such idea. Insisting of still doing a 3-conference per season format in a 10-month loooooooonnng season is complete stupidity to say the least.

PBA must learn to adapt new ideas in this difficult times brought by the pandemic. PBA people must minimize their greed. Huwag masyadong sakim.

I say PBA will continue to struggle in these difficult times unless it learns to mitigate its GREED.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information