Page 765 of 795 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,300 of 15887

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

  1. #15281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,098
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    In as much as almost all of us Pinoy fans here at IBN have our favorite PBA teams, we want a fair competition as much as possible. Of course no league is perfect. No league has all teams which are of equal strength, pero hindi naman dapat subrang imbalance yung competition. Just look at the composition of the current rosters of San Miguel Beer & Ginebra as compared to the rosters of Blackwater, Terrafirma, Alaska, the disparity in roster strength is glaring. All this imbalance of competition are the results of extremely lopsided trades that SMC teams have indulged. Its like SMC would acquire a marque player while giving up garbage. Look at the trade which brought CJ Perez from Perraperma to SMB, Perez is an instant PBA superstar while yung mga kapalit nya, halos mga walang kwentang players. As we can see, Perez has become an "instant" vital component of the current SMB team yet yung mga kapalit nya has hardly made any impact playing for Perraperma.

    To be honest & blunt, subrang pambababoy na kasi ginagawa ng SMB sa PBA. Its a big insult to the intelligence of some PBA fans.
    And they (SMB) are one loss away to being eliminated against a team formed mostly of "KURIMAWS" (Almost didn't get a team prior to this conference)... Forming a team that has most of all stars also didn't help their cause... Their line up (2015 - 2017) was best line up that they have rather forming a "National team" like set up.. In 2015 - 2017, They only have Espinas, Lutz, Tubid, YDO, Yeo as their bench mob.. that was better compensation of line up because those players willing to do "dirty job" to their team..

  2. #15282
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,375
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    In as much as almost all of us Pinoy fans here at IBN have our favorite PBA teams, we want a fair competition as much as possible. Of course no league is perfect. No league has all teams which are of equal strength, pero hindi naman dapat subrang imbalance yung competition. Just look at the composition of the current rosters of San Miguel Beer & Ginebra as compared to the rosters of Blackwater, Terrafirma, Alaska, the disparity in roster strength is glaring. All this imbalance of competition are the results of extremely lopsided trades that SMC teams have indulged. Its like SMC would acquire a marque player while giving up garbage. Look at the trade which brought CJ Perez from Perraperma to SMB, Perez is an instant PBA superstar while yung mga kapalit nya, halos mga walang kwentang players. As we can see, Perez has become an "instant" vital component of the current SMB team yet yung mga kapalit nya has hardly made any impact playing for Perraperma.

    To be honest & blunt, subrang pambababoy na kasi ginagawa ng SMB sa PBA. Its a big insult to the intelligence of some PBA fans.
    Ayun na nga. It's not the imbalance itself. It's how the imbalance was achieved. I've seen plenty of stupid trades before (as a Bulls fan; the previous management made plenty of stupid trades), but consistently giving up best players even if they're key pieces to becoming contenders? Hay, nako.

  3. #15283
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,020
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Ayun na nga. It's not the imbalance itself. It's how the imbalance was achieved. I've seen plenty of stupid trades before (as a Bulls fan; the previous management made plenty of stupid trades), but consistently giving up best players even if they're key pieces to becoming contenders? Hay, nako.
    HAHAHAH Garpax or even Jerry Krause should be the ones you were pertaining to

  4. #15284
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,375
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    HAHAHAH Garpax or even Jerry Krause should be the ones you were pertaining to
    I was pertaining to exactly GarPax. Oh, my God. "Cash considerations" became a meme among Bulls fans because of them.

    A lot of trade were losses for the Bulls. The only one I consider a win is the Butler-for-LaVine trade.

  5. #15285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,020
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I was pertaining to exactly GarPax. Oh, my God. "Cash considerations" became a meme among Bulls fans because of them.

    A lot of trade were losses for the Bulls. The only one I consider a win is the Butler-for-LaVine trade.
    Notable losses that comes to my mind were the LMA for Tyrus trade and the Nurk - Gary Harris trade for Doug Mcdermott.

  6. #15286
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Notable losses that comes to my mind were the LMA for Tyrus trade and the Nurk - Gary Harris trade for Doug Mcdermott.
    atleast in the NBA they are transparent with regards to trades, either for cash considerations or for rebuilding (i.e. trading a superstar for multiple draft picks- Westbrook to Houston, Westbrook to Washington, PG 13 to LAC). plus salaries need to match for trades to materialize

    whereas, the PBA, lopsided trades are the norm for the empires, I think only ROS, Alaska and to some extent Phx conducts trade fairly.
    Ducks fly together!

  7. #15287
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I was pertaining to exactly GarPax. Oh, my God. "Cash considerations" became a meme among Bulls fans because of them.

    A lot of trade were losses for the Bulls. The only one I consider a win is the Butler-for-LaVine trade.
    That Tyson Chandler-PJ Brown/JR smith is also head scratching, I love that incarnation of the Bulls (Nocioni, Deng, Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon) well atleast the Bulls got a aging ben wallace eventually
    Ducks fly together!

  8. #15288
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,375
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    atleast in the NBA they are transparent with regards to trades, either for cash considerations or for rebuilding (i.e. trading a superstar for multiple draft picks- Westbrook to Houston, Westbrook to Washington, PG 13 to LAC). plus salaries need to match for trades to materialize

    whereas, the PBA, lopsided trades are the norm for the empires, I think only ROS, Alaska and to some extent Phx conducts trade fairly.
    Ayun pa. Transparency with salaries is also a problem. The PBA has to institute that kind of rule. Make the salaries match. Also, teams trade stars for other stars or plenty of draft picks.

  9. #15289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,864
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Stop wasting your time debating that should-be's and what-if's.

    The PBA is like the government. Those who have money and power can do whatever the f*ck they want and you can't do anything about it.

  10. #15290
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    439
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    That Tyson Chandler-PJ Brown/JR smith is also head scratching, I love that incarnation of the Bulls (Nocioni, Deng, Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon) well atleast the Bulls got a aging ben wallace eventually
    These are the core players of the 2004-2005 team that renewed my fandom for the Bulls years ago. They started 0-10 and looked like a lottery team once more but amazingly went 47-25 for the rest of the season, ending their then 7-year playoff drought. What's more amazing is most of the young core were acquired through the draft from 2002 to 2004 and free agency moves that allowed them to acquire veteran role players like Antonio Davis, plus the maturation of much earlier draft picks like Chandler and Curry. Sure, they went back to ground with a disappointing 2007-2008 campaign, but it resulted in a more favorable situation in the succeeding years (they got lucky with the 2008 draft lottery).

    That team can be a good example for struggling PBA teams that would opt to do a rebuild in just 3 years or less and expect to be competitive for the following years, as long as they are in the league to win it.

  11. #15291
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Ayun pa. Transparency with salaries is also a problem. The PBA has to institute that kind of rule. Make the salaries match. Also, teams trade stars for other stars or plenty of draft picks.
    Everyone knows that CJ Perez would eventually get traded to an SMC team the only question was when and where. Imagine a bottom feeder team trading a legit MVP candidate for trash to the most stacked team in the league and they wouldn't even give up any of their top 8 players. Does that make sense?

  12. #15292
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,591
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Everyone knows that CJ Perez would eventually get traded to an SMC team the only question was when and where. Imagine a bottom feeder team trading a legit MVP candidate for trash to the most stacked team in the league and they wouldn't even give up any of their top 8 players. Does that make sense?
    Leo Austria saying he won't give-up any of SMB's big 4 - Junmar, Santos, Lassiter & Cabagnot, dahil nanghihinayang sya to lose any of those players in a trade so yung mga walang kwentang players nalang ang eti trade nya. Its as if CJ Perez isn't that valuable.

    Parang sinabi ni Leo Austria na gusto nya ang imported spam pero nanghihinayang syang e barter ang imported corned beef nya, so 555 sardines nalang ang eba barter nya for the imported spam.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  13. #15293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    439
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Leo Austria saying he won't give-up any of SMB's big 4 - Junmar, Santos, Lassiter & Cabagnot, dahil nanghihinayang sya to lose any of those players in a trade so yung mga walang kwentang players nalang ang eti trade nya. Its as if CJ Perez isn't that valuable.

    Parang sinabi ni Leo Austria na gusto nya ang imported spam pero nanghihinayang syang e barter ang imported corned beef nya, so 555 sardines nalang ang eba barter nya for the imported spam.
    Once again, your analogy is spot on, bro. Kahit ang mga seldom viewers ng liga or even those not into basketball will surely have an idea now how grand of a highway robbery that trade was.

  14. #15294
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Leo Austria saying he won't give-up any of SMB's big 4 - Junmar, Santos, Lassiter & Cabagnot, dahil nanghihinayang sya to lose any of those players in a trade so yung mga walang kwentang players nalang ang eti trade nya. Its as if CJ Perez isn't that valuable.

    Parang sinabi ni Leo Austria na gusto nya ang imported spam pero nanghihinayang syang e barter ang imported corned beef nya, so 555 sardines nalang ang eba barter nya for the imported spam.
    They wouldn't even give up any of Tautuaa, TR or Ross or anyone of value. It doesn't look as bad now as SMB has had struggles this conference because of injuries and "coaching" but this is a legit foundation for a dynasty. Especially if they can get any of Orme, Bolick or GS and the Terra guys.

  15. #15295
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,885

    Default

    On that baby bulls era, bulls are getting ben wallace thats why they will reall lose tyson chandler and just get something from the hornets just like the jamal crawford trade were bulls arent sold on resigning him..alam ko naman ang bulls ownership see the last dance..yan ang dapat idolin ni dioceldo sy sa kakuriputan
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #15296
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    On that baby bulls era, bulls are getting ben wallace thats why they will reall lose tyson chandler and just get something from the hornets just like the jamal crawford trade were bulls arent sold on resigning him..alam ko naman ang bulls ownership see the last dance..yan ang dapat idolin ni dioceldo sy sa kakuriputan
    They really made a mistake picking Tyrus Thomas over LMA. They were a really balanced team but lacked interior scoring. (Curry was overweight and inconsistent). They also could have used a few years of Roy.

  17. #15297
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,098
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They wouldn't even give up any of Tautuaa, TR or Ross or anyone of value. It doesn't look as bad now as SMB has had struggles this conference because of injuries and "coaching" but this is a legit foundation for a dynasty. Especially if they can get any of Orme, Bolick or GS and the Terra guys.
    Actually, all SMB needs is only Jaime Malonzo (Orme), he can play wing 4 (Ala Jayson Tatum) and good complimentary for Junmar... Much better talent than Arwind (Even on his prime days).. SMB has lack of PF to replace Arwind.. The latter's game was already regressed due to age factor... Although he can still contribute, but the impact is not the same as before.. Minamama lang sya ni Troy, especially last Game 5..

  18. #15298
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    On that baby bulls era, bulls are getting ben wallace thats why they will reall lose tyson chandler and just get something from the hornets just like the jamal crawford trade were bulls arent sold on resigning him..alam ko naman ang bulls ownership see the last dance..yan ang dapat idolin ni dioceldo sy sa kakuriputan
    OT.

    Meron din naman players na drafted ng Bulls 1999 - 2008 na naging successful sa ibang teams nung ualis sila:

    1. Brad Miller
    2. Ron Artest
    3. Elton Brand
    4. Jamal Crawford
    5. Tyson Chandler

  19. #15299
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,591
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They wouldn't even give up any of Tautuaa, TR or Ross or anyone of value. It doesn't look as bad now as SMB has had struggles this conference because of injuries and "coaching" but this is a legit foundation for a dynasty. Especially if they can get any of Orme, Bolick or GS and the Terra guys.
    Things are expected to get even worse next year as guys like Bolick, Jaime Malonzo & Slaughter (if he doesn't play in Japan) are expected to land to any SMC teams next season. Then there's the Perraperma guys like Roosevelt Adams, Josh Munzon & James Laput who might also end up in any SMC teams next year or perhaps 2023. One can only imagine what PBA would look like if these things happen. The thing is, even some Ginebra & San Miguel Beer fans/supporters, who are rational enough & understand what spirit of fair play & sportsmanship are all about, are not pleased (to say the least) with what SMC teams have been doing. These rational fans believed that championships are not supposedly being "bought".

    To Leo Austria: You hardly won any PBA championship. You've won PBA championships because your SMC big bosses "bought" them for you.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  20. #15300
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    198
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Leo Austria saying he won't give-up any of SMB's big 4 - Junmar, Santos, Lassiter & Cabagnot, dahil nanghihinayang sya to lose any of those players in a trade so yung mga walang kwentang players nalang ang eti trade nya. Its as if CJ Perez isn't that valuable.

    Parang sinabi ni Leo Austria na gusto nya ang imported spam pero nanghihinayang syang e barter ang imported corned beef nya, so 555 sardines nalang ang eba barter nya for the imported spam.
    Leo just admitted he cant win without his death 5. Thats his comfort zone. The supporting cast has become better with Mo, Cj and Terrence but when push comes to shove he relies on them. Unfortunately the lineup of TNT can matchup with the death 5. Actually the Williams, Erram pairing is a problem for SMB. Theyve faced TNT before with each of them but it is the first time theyve faced them together in the playoffs. Heruela and Marcelo are good players. I think PHX was just saving money when they dumped them. And Mikey Williams is a super rookie. Arguably this is the best TNT team SMB has faced in the JF era. Parks was only good for one good series until his body broke down.

Page 765 of 795 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •